Carmel By the Sea

Tea

• Forum MVP

Acoustic Elective

Set One: Deep Elem Blues ; Dark Hollow ; Pride Of Cucamonga ; *Overseas Stomp (Lindbergh Hop) ; It Makes No Difference ; Operator ; Friend Of The Devil ; Broken Arrow ; Chimes Of Freedom ; Monkey And The Engineer ; Bird Song 

Set Two: Uncle John's Band ; Black Throated Wind ; Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues ; Yes *She Do, No She Don't ; Green Green Grass Of Home ; Jack-A-Roe > Masters Of War ; Weather Report Suite > Let It Grow ; #Senor (Tales Of Yankee Power) ; Oh Boy > Ripple 

Encore: Goodnight Irene

Notes

*Mother Mcree's Uptown Jug Champions songs 

# = 2nd time played. Last time "Senor" played was 01-25-2000. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
35 minutes ago, chuckvegas said:

Indeed. There is beauty there. And the job Eaton does on It Makes No Difference is magical. I’m glad that those of you who saw this saw this.

I don't think they've done that since the band Terrapin Nation we used to know. And yes, he kills it.

Who sings Masters Of War? If I had to guess it would be Lisa, but not sure. Haven't caught that one yet.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
1 hour ago, August West said:

I don't think they've done that since the band Terrapin Nation we used to know. And yes, he kills it.

Who sings Masters Of War? If I had to guess it would be Lisa, but not sure. Haven't caught that one yet.

The much loved TN, yes. And it seems like we got it not too many years ago in CO.

It makes no difference, night or day
The shadow never seems to fade away

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I’ve got a “makes no difference” while I’ve never had a TN show. 

Possibles being the acoustic show in Bloomington 

And the “was supposed to be a ‘72 but ended up being a original in the style of ‘72” at the Vogue in Indy, also my only “two souls” 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Fantastic show. Was mostly seated. Very strange crowd for Dso. But the aisles were crazy spinning. It was a surreal look from the balcony. Seats sitting while aisles dancing crazy. We were in the very back of the balcony and the sound was epic with a big plateau to dance on. Just got internet after 2 days in Yosemite. It was soooo peaceful!!!!!!!! I want to build a house on Tenaya lake and just live out my days there. I’d be stuck for 6 months of winter every year and they generally frown upon new construction in a national park, but besides those 2 things I’d be set. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Forum MVP
3 hours ago, LIkeEveryOne said:

Great set list was offset by lame seated crowd .  Vibe was that of a funeral or church service

With the few Happy fans scattered about annoying the morning crowd 

wouldn’t do that venue again 

I think it was just older and people didn’t want to block people watching. If u wanted to get down you had lots of aisle space to do it. It had the feel of a community concert vs a dead crowd. I bet most there lived in Carmel. That’s a gorgeous retirement town. 

The town is one of the most beautiful I’ve seen .  The audiance  did give a standing Ovation in support of the show.  Now I really feel bad,  I guess I was feeling like “hey!!! how can u not love this so much as to not stand and sway”.  Heading to Berkeley show tonight with a more open mind and no more critiques 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
11 hours ago, robeatondso said:

I actually really liked the fact it was a sit down crowd listening and not talking. Especially with an acoustic. 

Not lame at all. Just because you sit doesn’t mean your not into it..

Very true, but one does risk being labeled a "potted plant" around these parts for doing so. 😏

• Forum MVP

With a bum foot I’ve actually enjoyed sitting for a few shows. It’s a different feel. You don’t get the runners high of high energy dance but you also leave without fatigue ;).  Every venue so far has been super liberal about letting people do what they want. No aisle hassling like you can get in other areas. When your usher is vaping you know it’s gonna be a no hassle show. Everything here is way more laid back than the east. Been fantastic so far. 

Laissez le bon temps rouler.

• Forum MVP

If u get the 2 day pass they just give u your will call each day so you will need tonight’s ticket from will call if you got it that way. 

And that carmel ocean drive is one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen. Pebble beach on 1 side. Cliffs on the other.  I told Scotty he had to go take that 10 minute drive but he wouldn’t bite. He missed maybe the prettiest view on the run to far. There’s more to life than just concerts Scott. There are the must see sights before the show and that Carmel drive was a must see. 

• Forum MVP

I’m looking like I’m gonna need 3 months off to heal. When you are to the point that the pain is too much to stand it’s time to re-evaluate.( I can walk but standing still or dancing is excruciating) I just haven’t had enough down time since the injury 5 months ago. 2 weeks off at most. I’m fine to start usually but by the end I need bed rest. I blame Gr8tfulpair and PG for their relentless peer pressure. Luckily we are in a free lot already right next to shoreline. Short walk. Slanted lawn.......I’ll get a chair and be the only one sitting. I have about 5 minutes of dance before the pain but on a slant I have none. 

Scorty will easily take me but I’ve also gotten 5 JRAD in this year and doing these deadco in the bay plus Phil and a local dead band. I like getting some diversity. Offered him a free place to stay and ride to the shoreline shows and he rejected it. I thought it was a pretty solid offer.  I Even hung out with lots of moe people who evidently flew in from all over the country for 4 shows at TXR but 4 shows in same spot will bring the faithful of that band. Personally I’d love to see a week of Dso at the beach park at txr. That would be a great week in the bay ;)  You Marin guys have some epic weather. When it’s cloudy east bay it’s perfectly sunny there. Guess that’s why homes are 1k/sq ft.