Sacramento 6/28

Rude

• Forum MVP
Greek Theater (U of California), Berkeley, CA (6/19/87)

Touch of Grey
Little Red Rooster
Cold Rain and Snow
Mama Tried
Big River
Brown Eyed Women
Desolation Row
When Push Comes to Shove
Music Never Stopped

Bertha
Greatest Story Ever Told
It Must Have Been the Roses
Samson and Delilah
Terrapin Station
drums
I Need a Miracle
Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad
Stella Blue
Turn on Your Love Light

Black Muddy River

F: box of rain 

great theater!! Good times!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP

The venue was like stadium seating. Thete were like 8 or so rows on this medium light slant then the next 15 rows were stadium movie style with flat spots to dance on. There were no seats under the “balcony”. Was just a super cool venue. The sound was fantastic as it will be in any theater with proper acoustical dimensions. I went to the very back row and the sound was as loud as you could want it. Upon entry it’s like a movie theater soda popcorn and candy retro look. If you wanted anything there you had no line. For beer it was 50 deep for 2 bartenders. That cost the theater a bunch. Up high we would once in a while have people coming up looking for their seats in the dark in a 1/4 filled back of the balcony and to ease their confusion I’m like it’s a free for all. Just pick a block of empty seats. I don’t think back in the day unless you were up front did u worry about a seat. Whenever I see my seat taken at some bigger show I just look for other seats. Seat numbers are generally just a suggestion unless you are up close or something. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Yea, my roommate (shroom mate) from college showed me the ropes of the Grateful Dead. He had the same thing done for him. One of the Ten Commandments was don’t even worry about your seat, just sit in the right section that’s on your ticket. On the other hand, fall tour ‘88, Philly spectrum. I had a ticket in the nosebleed section. I went inside as soon as the doors opened. I walked right past ‘security’ into the first level, on to the floor, right up near the stage on Jerry’s side. Ticket in hand, I pretended to look for my exact seat. Sat my ass down in the ninth row like I belonged there. The area filled up over time to the point of overcapacity. I wasn’t the only one with the same idea. It was a real treat, being close enough to watch the boys guitar work during second set jam. Unforgettable. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Nowadays it’s hard to sneak to the front. They have to protect the people who spend $500 on their ultra vip pit as well as the vip pit and then the economy plus pit. If I get in a big gig early I usually go to where my seats are then spy out empty areas to move to. I want my own row at least if not my own section if that’s possible at the bigger shows. 

• Like (+1) 1