Red Rocks 2019

Hardpan

• Forum MVP
12 hours ago, sml said:

There's no way the Dillon Amphitheater holds 5k...

That was one of my alltime favorite shows/venues though - Would love to get back there again.

My guess is 2 nights at the Ogden that Friday and Saturday.

I googled it and I thought the same when I saw 5k

i don’t think it will be 2 redrocks shows or they would have announced them at once which would have sent many people into frenzied destination weekend mode from all over. Connectors will make it much nicer. Flying for 1 show is a little rough even though this year I didn’t have that worry. That being said I’m flying from now on over 10 hours away. 6000 miles is for the birds. 

• Forum MVP

Colorado 4 pack be great. Thursday night Mishawaka. Smaller. More intimate show. Boulder theater Friday. The tide rises. The crowd thickens. The people are arriving. Saturday night The Ogden. Some people left out due to limited tickets. Sunday we all party together Red Rocks. 

• Forum MVP

I think combining the various thoughts is closer to what will happen.

I see Rob B and California Kind are "touring" Denver area now.  The jubilee this year was filled with DSO individuals and group (Melvin) doing various side excursions along with Hot Tuna, Rumpke, etc

Imagining a jubilee or even dead50 in Chicago type of atmosphere without formal onsite camping. The various venues mentioned in this thread being possible stages for the acts the nights before does not seem too outlandish.

There was mention that constraints regarding Red Rocks and other local venues for same band exist. If true this scenario is even more plausible.

• Forum MVP

I think that restriction was a condition on this first red rocks gig. Not all red rocks gigs going forward. I could be wrong. Have no inside information. I do know however other bands have done shows at other venues in Colorado around a Red Rocks gig. I even seen them make you buy a ticket to red rocks to be able to buy the ticket at the smaller venue. 

No idea whats instore for DSO return to Red Rocks but I think other DSO gigs are possible. 

• 1 month later...

Archived