Deadbase 50 discount

PoetryGirl

• Forum MVP

deadbase is a rare encyclopedia that’s actually way way way better than googling. There’s really nothing online that can do what it does which seems strange in this day and age. Plus DB50 has added all of the ratdog and other setlists which make it heavier so the book is less likely to blow away in rough weather. 

2 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

Get 50% off Deadbase 50 with code DB50DSO50. For all you Heady types that haven’t splurged for this comprehensive one yet. :)

On dead.net? I tried that code in the coupon code box and it’s said it’s not a valid code. 

• Forum MVP

It's quite unfortunate that John Scott fell off the grid.  While the other partners were able to have the final Deadbase reprinted (apparently Scott was reachable to the point of signing off on that), no updates were possible. Who knows if the software used to create it even runs on any modern machine.  So while the hundreds of upgrades to the database are there, there was no way to incorporate them into the main base, making the whole thing incredibly cumbersome.

But to rude's point, I think I'd take the chance at the book blowing away if the trade off meant losing all those Ratdog and Phil & Friends lists.   😬

Nonetheless, at 50% off the price is right.

• Forum MVP

I bought mine a few years ago after perusing MC’s on a road trip. It’s definitely worth buying. Cool things about deadbase

1. It tells how many shows since every song was last played which is really cool. 

2. It lists the date on every time played for every song. 

3. It shows how many times in each year every song was played. 

4. It shows the date and how many shows were played in each venue, city and state. (Makes you envious of those Bay Area people). 

5. Shows how many different songs were played each year too. 

Theres so mich cool info to peruse. It’s a must have for any deadhead and at this price u gotta get it.

i use it when I’m looking for a song and want to listen to several versions of it. It’s so much easier than opening every folder in spring 90 to find standing on the moon. I spent a day with the book finding versions of songs to listen to. You will see all these songs you don’t know what the hell they are that were played 1x. (Note: there was a reason many weren’t played again and will likely bore of trying to play all the 1-2 timers quickly)

• Forum MVP

Thanks for the discount code, PG.     I just just now ordered it from Amazon.   After listening to this music for fifty years I guess it's time for me to have an index so I can keep up with those like Rude, and MC about when and where.  I'll never forget the look on Chuck's face at a DSO set break when I asked what year is this. Chuck gave me this look of " You should know this "

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

The kids get a ton of use out of theirs. Use it to play trivia all the time. I’ll walk in and one of them will be holding the book and the other will be trying to name the top ten played songs of 1979 or whatever.  I bought before the discount but still feel like we’ve got my money’s worth out of it. 

• Forum MVP

I was involved in the beta testing for an app called DEADSHOWZ which is essentially an online and searchable version of Deadbase. For example, you could search a song and it would return all the times that song appeared. You could also call up the audio for whatever show you'd pulled up via archive.org. It was pretty slick, and seemed close to releasable. 

But, the beta expired and the app hasn't been released. Not sure what the issue is. But should this come to fruition I'll post a link.

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Michael Doc Watson said:

Thanks for the discount code, PG.     I just just now ordered it from Amazon.   After listening to this music for fifty years I guess it's time for me to have an index so I can keep up with those like Rude, and MC about when and where.  I'll never forget the look on Chuck's face at a DSO set break when I asked what year is this. Chuck gave me this look of " You should know this "

Peace and Love,

Doc

Doc, I’m not the one in the know. The DB is for people like me who don’t have a deadbase in their head like Tea and John A. If you want to listen to a late show that had a 2nd set China rider, DB is how u find it in a few seconds. You can find the rare shows where terrapin was a 1st set song or encore. This is just a tiny example of all that it offers. It also has all songs played by Jerry band which has loads of 1 timers. It makes one realize how many songs the dead played that we didn’t know. i Started to play the songs I didn’t know and realized I didn’t care about many of them. But like chuck said, the DB50 isn’t really any better than old Desdbases besides the fact that the old ones are like $200 on eBay if one ever shows up for sale. 

Archived