Black Mountain Roll Call

Tea

i'm really impressed with the dedication these guys have,  to be playing such an aggressive schedule.  

8th CT

9th NJ  

10th NY

11th NJ   -  i'll be there

13th , 14th DE - i'll be there

16th VA

17th-18th in NC  - i'm not sure?  met a guy at RR, who said the show  and venue r great  

WOW....  

• Forum MVP
5 hours ago, Michael Doc Watson said:

Good music...dancing space....old FRIENDS all around....cold beer brewed right next door.... new FRIENDs to meet....friendly trees overhead....children running under your feet...parking only a short walk.....good food vendors....weather that has been beautiful almost every year....sometimes a rainbow in the light mist...and the best band in the land,,,DSO

Last year - Michael and I had our picture made with Sam Cutler. Sam said to me “I wanna hold your hand” in his Australian accent. It was so Beatles of him- I still crack up over it when it comes to mind. 

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, LIkeEveryOne said:

i'm really impressed with the dedication these guys have,  to be playing such an aggressive schedule.  

8th CT

9th NJ  

10th NY

11th NJ   -  i'll be there

13th , 14th DE - i'll be there

16th VA

17th-18th in NC  - i'm not sure?  met a guy at RR, who said the show  and venue r great  

WOW....  

Dso is a business. Days not playing means no revenue but spending money at hotels and days away from family. Tour like crazy for 3 weeks then get back home for 3. Deadco had like 25 shows in 45 days. That’s an extra 10 days of hotels which costs lots of money and more days from the family. Dso does it how you should do it on tour. Knock em out. 

• Forum MVP
5 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

Last year - Michael and I had our picture made with Sam Cutler. Sam said to me “I wanna hold your hand” in his Australian accent. It was so Beatles of him- I still crack up over it when it comes to mind. 

and we got an autographed copy of his book, "You Can't Always Get What You Want" about his years as tour manager for the Rolling Stones and Grateful Dead. It's the most interesting book I've ever read about the life behind the tours of Rock and Roll bands. I highly recommend the book.

"....Australian accent...."  Sam now lives in Australia but he is originally from England.

Peace and Love, Michael

Jen Sam and Michael at Black Mountain 2017.gif

• Forum MVP

One year in Portland ME I got told I couldn’t bring my backpack into the show. Too big of bag. They have a pretty strict rule and bag check system at the venue on the pier. I said I knew the people who did merch for DSO. They left and I was expecting Ellie to pop up and say she would look after my bag but instead Sam Cutler comes walking up. I get a little nervous. I don’t know this guy. At first, he jokingly says I don’t know this guy. Then says he comes to all the shows. His bag is okay. 

• Forum MVP
On 8/8/2018 at 8:27 PM, Michael Doc Watson said:

and we got an autographed copy of his book, "You Can't Always Get What You Want" about his years as tour manager for the Rolling Stones and Grateful Dead. It's the most interesting book I've ever read about the life behind the tours of Rock and Roll bands. I highly recommend the book.

"....Australian accent...."  Sam now lives in Australia but he is originally from England.

Peace and Love, Michael

Jen Sam and Michael at Black Mountain 2017.gif

Yep, theres two people I love in that pic, and a crusty ol lovable fart. Y'all figure out who's who...😋😍

5 minutes ago, PoetryGirl said:

Pop a keg - beer and kombucha on tap- and there have been  great food trucks the past four years. One year the pizza place was called “Cheesus Saves”. A life changing moment as that pizza hit my mouth for sure! 

We love coming to that area.Quick and beautiful drive from Johnson City.Thanks for the heads up.Pumped!!

Archived