Happy 76th Birthday Jerry!

Tea

Oh Yes, Happy Birthday to the man who made so many people happy, even though he never saw himself as a leader, and hated the whole idea of fame. I, for one, will be forever grateful to my big sister for turning me on to Mars Hotel and American Beauty back in the late 70's, which were my first tastes of his music, and the rest is history. Ironically, she ended up getting into other kinds of music, and I became a Deadhead! Jerry's playing style has always resonated with me, especially after listening to my first live tape, and the warmth of his voice, while seemingly tired and strained at times, made me feel like i was "home", even when many miles away from home. I consider myself quite lucky to have seen to GD 30 times, JGB a few times, and now we have DSO, who faithfully carry the torch with pride. We are all so incredibly fortunate that they do!

Happy Jerry.jpg

59 minutes ago, Dead duck said:

Thanks for sharing the link! Some great info there, and historical videos. I saw Jerry with John Kahn at the Warner Theater in DC later that Spring, and had a second-row seat directly in front of him. He looked terrible, but sounded oh-so sweet! Ah, the memories...

This date must be wrong...The GD were on tour and played in Oklahoma CIty on 8-01-1982...One of four times the Dead played on Garcia's bday ..1967. 1973 ( I saw that one) 1982 and 1994...never mind I see now what you were referring to...4-10-82

• Forum MVP
7 hours ago, sonomajon said:

This date must be wrong...The GD were on tour and played in Oklahoma CIty on 8-01-1982...One of four times the Dead played on Garcia's bday ..1967. 1973 ( I saw that one) 1982 and 1994...never mind I see now what you were referring to...4-10-82

That 1973 show you saw was out of hand, huh?

Lemeiux played the Dark Star>El Paso>Eyes>Dew portion today on TIGDH on Sirius.

Happy Birthday, indeed.

• Forum MVP
On 8/1/2018 at 11:05 AM, Dead duck said:

One of my fav shows. Jerry was supposed to do a few of these but he hated it by himself and called up Kahn for the rest. Luckily we have a whole solo show. Think this is the only time Jerry was completely alone on stage at least in the Grateful Dead era. 

Archived