Atlantic City

Tea

• Forum MVP
Giants Stadium (Meadowlands Sports Complex), East Rutherford, NJ (9/2/78)

Jack Straw
Friend of the Devil
New Minglewood Blues
Dire Wolf
Looks Like Rain
Stagger Lee
I Need a Miracle
Peggy-O
Lazy Lightnin'
Supplication

Good Lovin'
Scarlet Begonias
Fire on the Mountain
Estimated Prophet
Eyes of the World
drums
Sugar Magnolia

One More Saturday Night

F:  Brokedown (dedicated to Matt Reynolds + Jerry)

Great show fantastic! highlights, Good Lovin, Scarlet fire (35+min) There was ecstatic dancing by The Usual Suspects) eyes of the world, notable mention looks like rain very good. Sugar mag niiice !!! The place was on fire great venue it was a rainbow full of sound. One wild eyed crazed fan came running up the stairs orgasmically shouting top 15 he's ever seen!!!. We say somewhere between the top five and ten would be more accurate. Dictated from the backseat...contributing critics August West and pearly  :-)

• Forum MVP

I don’t know man. Those two Hampton shows were Top 10. I don’t know if AC makes the cut. 

I find it easier to talk about my personal top 10 but who knows. I missed AC. So I guess it’s top 10.  I usually hear from the usual suspects when I’m not there that it was top 10 Dso show. I must’ve heard that 20 times. 

Hopefully tonite is top 5. 

3 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

I don’t know man. Those two Hampton shows were Top 10. I don’t know if AC makes the cut. 

I find it easier to talk about my personal top 10 but who knows. I missed AC. So I guess it’s top 10.  I usually hear from the usual suspects when I’m not there that it was top 10 Dso show. I must’ve heard that 20 times. 

Hopefully tonite is top 5. 

Rick, you weren't there?

• Forum MVP

Dso plays most shows equally. It’s more about your state of mind and the company you keep. One of my top 10 in the last year wasn’t even a Dso show but our head space was as good as it could possibly get hanging with great friends. Rankings are the most subjective thing there is. I was miserable with injury West coast so I could never achieve lift off. I continually started to stand every few minutes b/c of the music only to realize I couldn’t. I was bummed and the music didn’t sound as good. If you are in a bad headspace about family, money, job etc, there’s no way to enjoy a show the same way. When I hear people say it was their favorite show it means they were ultra happy and that’s what it’s all about. I’ve heard people pan shows that I thought were brilliant because of the same things. If someone says it’s the best Dso ever then it is for them and that’s all the matters. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

I mostly agree with Rude. But there was that time at rams head, driggs, night 2 jubilee. I hate to think last night was one of those. 

Then there are those nights in Jamaica were they pure magic no matter what to me bc my heads space is perfect 

Usually how hard I engage and dance dictates my experience but we can’t deny sometimes the band is just on. We could be unable to move and know it was magic. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • 2 months later...