Fall Tour - 2nd Leg

Tea

• Forum MVP

11/09/18  LOWELL MEMORIAL AUDITORIUM  LOWELL, MA

11/10/18  STATE THEATRE ITHACA, NY

11/11/18  CALVIN THEATRE  NORTHAMPTON, MA. RECREATING A CLASSIC MASSACHEUSETTS SHOW

11/13/18  HIGHER GROUND  SOUTH BURLINGTON, VT

11/15/18  STATE THEATRE  PORTLAND, MEFALL TOUR RECREATING A CLASSIC PORTLAND AREA SHOW

11/16/18  COLLEGE STREET MUSIC HALL  NEW HAVEN, CTFALL TOUR RECREATING 5/5/77

11/17/18  PALACE THEATRE  ALBANY, NY. RECREATING A CLASSIC ALBANY SHOW

11/18/18  PARAMOUNT HUDSON VALLEY THEATER  PEEKSKILL, NY

11/20/18  CAPITOL CENTER FOR THE ARTS - CHUBB THEATRE  CONCORD, NH

11/21/18  PENN'S PEAK  JIM THORPE, PA

11/23 + 24 18  THE PARAMOUNT  HUNTINGTON, NY

11/28+29 18  THE NATIONAL  RICHMOND, VA

11/30/18  THE NORVA  NORFOLK, VA

12/01/18  THE ANTHEM  WASHINGTON, D.C. RECREATING A CLASSIC DC AREA SHOW

12/28+29   ELECTRIC FACTORY  PHILADELPHIA, COSMIC NEW YEARS

12/30-31 18  WELLMONT THEATER  MONTCLAIR, NJ COSMIC NEW YEARS

• Forum MVP
5 hours ago, Tea said:

Norva + Anthem.  Outside shot at Richmond’s.

If this was it’s always sunny the Richmond>anthem would be “The gang goes on tour” or “the salt of earth gang reunites” or “the Grateful Dead defense” or “The R.U.D.E. system” depending on how everyThing goes. Just need to pull that famous internet dancer in to complete the final piece. I have no willpower so I’m in and I’m sure gr8fulpair will be a pushover on something like this. Plus it finishes at the anthem which is a badass joint and it’s rifhr next to Reagan airport. Easy. 

• Forum MVP

Keep building that All Star Deadhead roster

for the Anthem. Rude, Tea, gr8fulpair, we have

time to work on PoetryGirl, Dr. Barry, and chuckvegas,

among others.  Plenty of space for an epic hoedown.

Praise DSO.

Looking like an action packed fall for some long weekends in the Northeast for me. Looking to hit nine. Excited for Penn's pre-Thanksgiving and to see some venues I haven't been to. Love that DSO makes it possible to see a bunch of shows, and still see the family and return to the grind during the week. Missing Burlington, Peekskill, Concord, and the VA/DC shows. 

• Forum MVP

I feel like the vibe at BM reenergized my body and mind. West coast seemed very lonely as many that I know out there didn’t do much of that tour but BM was like a high school reunion. I’m starting to get excited about fall tour again. If you remove the friend aspect it’s just seeing a good band. Maybe that’s why many people like deadco so much. They have lots of friends there. Dancing with people you may not even know that deeply but know are kind souls really adds so much. Some I get to know faster than others but their smiling faces tell me all I need to know. Hopefully a bigger gang is at the Anthem this year because that place is the best indoor joint I’ve ever seen. It’s like an arena with theater accoustics but a 4K person dance floor. It’s not quite as big as a football field. Not quite. Now to figure whether it’s just the weekend or a 4-day weekend to get my flights in order. 

Note the anthem is a cash-less venue. Can’t pay cash for anything. But...someone who sells ATM’s should talk to them about installing a prepaid credit card machine that takes cash and spits out a credit card. I saw some frustrated deadheads with no credit card trying to buy a ticket. There would be plenty of people who’d buy your ticket if u gave them cash but for deadheads the credit only aspect could be a little rough. Most of us at 1 point had credit cards with nothing available but had a little cash. 

• Forum MVP
42 minutes ago, ZonaPunk said:

According to the Anthem pre-sale email, they will be playing the June 14, 1991 RFK show. Should be fun. 

I sure hope not since 6.14.91 is the same show they performed at The Anthem last year. 

Fan club tickets for the Northeast shows sold out quick! Went to buy mine yesterday, and the only show with any left was Penn's Peak. Still some remaining as of yesterday for the VA/DC shows for anyone attending who wants to save money on fees.

• Forum MVP

The anthem is the baddest ass pure music venue in the country. Bring a credit card or you will be forced to wear a Scarlett C as they spit on anyone attempting to use cash. Your entry will be like the following 

https://media.tenor.com/images/b8ecdafa8469b57e1497fa7264f3638a/tenor.gif

Blah. Tea fix my gif

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Rude said:

The anthem is the baddest ass pure music venue in the country. Bring a credit card or you will be forced to wear a Scarlett C as they spit on anyone attempting to use cash. Your entry will be like the following 

https://media.tenor.com/images/b8ecdafa8469b57e1497fa7264f3638a/tenor.gif

Blah. Tea fix my gif

tenor.gif

I'm thinking of trying to swing the Anthem if I can pull it off. Sounds like an excellent venue and the lure of "a Classic DC area show" as the last night of the tour might prove to be too strong of a pull for me to resist.

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Hardpan said:

I'm thinking of trying to swing the Anthem if I can pull it off. Sounds like an excellent venue and the lure of "a Classic DC area show" as the last night of the tour might prove to be too strong of a pull for me to resist.

I don't think you'll regret it...….very nice venue with plenty of breathing space and swell acoustics   😎

2 hours ago, t.bell said:

Is there balcony seating at rva or norva?  I didn’t see any option other than ga. 

At RVA, yes. The balcony is a nice get away from GA. A little far up, but great sound and sight line nonetheless. Get there early though...the seated balcony fills up pretty quick.

For anybody going to the Thursday National show, we should meet up at the Vegabond before hand. Eat and get an early admission...

• Forum MVP

Charlotte blows for prices. Gr8fulpairs and PG’s airport takes a dump on then any time they even look for flights. Charlotte charges like $5 per flight search they are so expensive. Tea’s In Raleigh is great b/c southwest. Nashville’s solid for me and MC has the best of all. Denver costs 5 cups of coffee to get anywhere. The airlines in Denver accept old clothing, beer, and shoes for payment. But they are 30 minutes away from town so there’s that. 

Archived