Black Mountain #1

Tea

• Forum MVP

8/18/87 - Compton Terrace

Hell In A Bucket, Sugaree, Walkin' Blues, Ramble On Rose, My Brother Esau, Peggy-O, Greatest Story Ever Told, Bertha

Crazy Fingers-> Playin > Terrapin > Drums > Aretha Space > Fantasy > Wharf Rat > Throwing Stones > Lovelight

E:  Black Muddy River

F:  Easy Wind, China > Rider

Really Good Stuff, Epic Times!  More to come

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

How can you lose with a  royal flush. :) I realized how much fun the sets ending with Bertha~> Good loving are. nice big drums in Crazy Fingers/ Playing  after a very sweetly sang beginning. Epic ness Inc terrapin.   Arethra Franklin voice, singing, coming out of space. Glory hands and Sister act in the eves. Dear Mr Fantasy. The love light was outstanding great dance space,. And another Easy Wind encore in black mountain :) Thanks Rob88- it is a fav. 😍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

A stranger filled my water bottle for me - took it without me knowing, filled and returned. ;)  hey you know how in Bertha after the line “ throw me in the jailhouse” there is that strong chord - well it was done twice. Ha! We were having that much fun. 

I always want to count how many  anymore’s there will be but haven’t put the idea into action. Seems like a fun trivia nerd thing to do. 

• Forum MVP

Really fun dance party at our usual spot stage left where the fescue is abundant and forgiving. Weather was just exactly perfect this night with clear skies and a crescent moon. First set was fun albeit a bit 87 list boilerplate and took off at PeggyO for me. Really strong and sort of unusual 3 song first set closers. The second set smoked from start to finish. After the killer fillers I had nothing left to give but to enjoy warm fellowship with world class people before, during and after. Many thanks to this hard working band and it's crew who make this happen. You bring a lot of diverse people from all over together and offer them the chance to experience bliss together. That's fairly special. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

There is nothing quite like being surrounded by so many dear, loving hearts. You make my life a beautiful garden. I am taking today as a day to enjoy the glorious view and perspective, breathe it in  and solidify it as we start a new season, marked by man, not by nature. 

Peace and and great love, 

PG

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP
20 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

A stranger filled my water bottle for me - took it without me knowing, filled and returned. ;)  hey you know how in Bertha after the line “ throw me in the jailhouse” there is that strong chord - well it was done twice. Ha! We were having that much fun. 

I always want to count how many  anymore’s there will be but haven’t put the idea into action. Seems like a fun trivia nerd thing to do. 

Ive never understood how people could drug others unbeknownst to them. Seems wasteful....

• Forum MVP

I found out the sounds of Aretha singing comingled with space was a spiritual from MLK’s funeral. The faintest sounds of her voice got louder and louder and it seemed like her spirit had been called in a seance. And then space morphed into Dear Mr Fantasy.... it was powerful! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

This isn’t my set list. Not that I don’t like it but it’s not what you call my bread and butter. I like pigpen Dead best. However, this night proved the strength of DSO and the power of any era or collection of Dead songs done right. Also think it attest to the power of my DSO family. 

I had the most fun. Felt the energy of the music most and in my not so humble opinion moved the best I did at any show on this tour. I was lucky to catch 10 shows and I had other great nights. 

BM has the perfect recipe to have one of those magical nights. Lots of my DSO family makes it out to the show. Some great dancers in that group. Raises the bar and the energy. Also the staff here is super chill. We can smoke and enjoy ourselves without too much fear of reproach. The ground is mostly flat and outdoors so tons of space even when DSO brings a big crowd. 

I love this venue. This night was magical for me. Thank you DSO and crew for bringing the goods. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

Boy am I glad I made the trip. Aretha space was powerful stuff. Both shows knocked it out of the park, my boy fell in love with the mountains. I got to put a few more faces to names in here which is always awesome. Next time I get down that way without the kids I’m gonna try to be more social pre/post show, although I prefer to deal with the popo as little as possible. 😆😂

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Dead duck said:

Boy am I glad I made the trip. Aretha space was powerful stuff. Both shows knocked it out of the park, my boy fell in love with the mountains. I got to put a few more faces to names in here which is always awesome. Next time I get down that way without the kids I’m gonna try to be more social pre/post show, although I prefer to deal with the popo as little as possible. 😆😂

Good to meet you brother. Glad you made it down, and as is customary round these parts, you're welcome back any time. Hurry up and stay a while. See ya next year, if not before. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP
On 8/21/2018 at 9:43 PM, gr8fulpair said:

Good to meet you brother. Glad you made it down, and as is customary round these parts, you're welcome back any time. Hurry up and stay a while. See ya next year, if not before. 

Did you meet his youngest birthed deadhead. His oldest is at college. Both are GD savants. He did well as a papa. 

• Like (+1) 1