Black mountain 2

• Forum MVP

I think.  .......

Help - Slip - Franklins, Broken Arrow, Cumberland, Me and My Uncle > Big River, Heart of Me, Rueben + Cherise

Jack Straw, Expressway, Day Job, Scarlet > Fire, Drums / Space > Alligator > St Stephen > Viola Lee!
E:  Baby Blue

Killer Shit

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
17 hours ago, Tea said:

I think.  .......

Help - Slip - Franklins, Red Rooster Broken Arrow, Cumberland, Passenger Expressway to my Heart. MAMU > Big River,. Rueben + Cherise

Jack Straw-> Day Job, Sunrise Scarlet > Fire, Drums / Space > Alligator > St Stephen > Viola Lee!
E:  Baby Blue

Well well well. A night that begins with HSF is full of promise and tonight was not a disappointment.  The bass was rumbling and all the heart cylinders pumping. The band went ahead and slid on into a SLINKY  Red Rooster like an alligator sliding down the river embankment. Slide guitar had just that  twang and groove - and Barraco finish it up with the Brent response.  Sweet broken arrow... shot and miss ...such humanity and plainly frank. A nice cool breeze in the set.  Cumberland kicked it and the ride began.  Passenger let me release my inner tap dancer with a great piano solo, and Expressway rocked in out. I could’ve been happy there. Then a cowboy twofer kept the crowd hopping. But we are in song deep and ending with cowboy songs a weird option. Rubin and Cerise was a dream closer. Loveliness. 

I almost don’t know how to express my joy sometimes but it comes through in the dance. I love my tribe. :)) You make me so very happy. I’m so glad you came into my life. 

Fun second course! And I am so glad Alligator came out to play!! He was in solitary last night under the plastic on stage. Nobody took him home Friday to cuddle and he was out on the town tonight! Viola was funky as hell and got super fast just like we like it and ended in a completely new and original way, ha!!. And.... guys Baby Blue... 💕♥️💙

Thanks band! Always a treat. Thanks crew!  ....What about Kenny? This ain’t a South Park episode. I saw his cute lady. Hear all is better. 

Thanks for finishing up tour here- 💯🤙🏼

• Like (+1) 5
  • Forum MVP

These guys brought the goods here. BM proved once again to be one of the best DSO experiences of the year. So much love and joy shared amongst so many friends and likeminded strangers. So great to see so many of my loved ones. We will be back next year. 

Maybe bring the kids. 

• Like (+1) 5

There was a Little Red Rooster tucked in there... first set...after H>S>F? 

I set a personal record last night. 

Three seperate strangers came up to me while I was dancing and brought me a cup of water. 

None of them were dosed either... (the drinks, not the strangers)

Thanks, helpfull people. 

Edited by Jack Cerro
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Forum MVP

Both shows were chock full of moments where we all seemed to just levitate together.  The band managed to expertly communicate feelings of joy,  wickedness, beauty, solemn truth, peace, love, doubt, strength, loss, and inspiration!  Really, really great fun!

The people - wow, the people!  Put these things together and you’ve got heaven on earth

The best of times ❤️

• Like (+1) 7
  • Forum MVP

Also - my apologies for prompting an unnecessary visit from local law enforcement.  I apparently I did not have the proper permits for an outdoor after-hours open-mic performance.  Shit.

All’s well that ends well !

• LMAO 1
  • Sad (neutral) 1
  • Forum MVP

Rained right up til about 30 before show time, cleared and was once again, just exactly perfect. Maybe few degrees cooler. Seemed a good bit more peeps for Sat nite. I loved the construction of this set list. First set HSF then cowboy'd up from opening notes of a blazing Cumberland. Second set just an absolute beast. Good Lord from the jack opener, to an awesome funky expressway, scarlet fire, and from space forward it was an endurance test. Stellar performance by the band, matched a dance party that could've lit a small City with it's energy generation. Time with great friends makes me wish this never ended, but makes next time that much sweeter. 

1 hour ago, Tea said:

Also - my apologies for prompting an unnecessary visit from local law enforcement.  I apparently I did not have the proper permits for an outdoor after-hours open-mic performance.  Shit.

You'd worked you way up to it, so weren't all that surprised. We needed to be reeled in a bit. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP
16 hours ago, Tea said:

First the koa, now super 8?  Csnt take you anywhere T.  Hopefully Rude came to the rescue and talked the boys in blue down.  He is level headed, and a prize speaker for these types of issues.  Proactive even.  Like changing lanes in toll lines because of 1 more car ahead then in the other line:)!!!

Blissfull blast it seems you all recieved.  

Gator,  Stephen, viola?  Really, that trio is worth the drive across the nation, from new Orleans to Detroit city, music everywhere.  Perhaps Norfolk, VA to LA.

Either way, east to west, north to south,  i am happy yall got some goods!!

PG, you certainly have a tribe to remeber and to rejoice.   Most certainly special people.  People your proud of to call friends!!!   You too....pocahontas!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
3 hours ago, GoingBackTo Where.... said:

First the koa, now super 8?  Csnt take you anywhere T.  Hopefully Rude came to the rescue .....

Actually it was Tea that confessed to the two in blue (one a lady and the other I'm still not sure of, no offense intended ) Tea admitted it was his juberant singing and promised to quite down. Afterward we moved from the motel's balcony to the tables beside the fast flowing creek where we should have been in the first place. There we stayed for a few more hours enjoying the time together as friends,  reliving good times, and putting together the set list as best the group could remember.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

I’m glad you brought it up. It’s the silence between the notes that makes the song. For me, the down time between shows is what makes the shows precious. I have always done it differently than most serious fans. I wait for the band to come around. Not a whole lot of traveling. Also, not a ton of shows but I get my share. It’s always new and exciting for me. I look forward, I get my show, I relish in the memories and the songs stuck in my head for a while, then I start thinking about and realizing I need a show. Note, silence, note. It took me fifteen years to catch thirty eight Grateful Dead shows. They were always as Fun as the first one where I knew what was going on. Come on, we were all awestruck at our first show. I dug up and counted my Dark Star ticket stubs. I’m on pretty much the same pace. It was as exciting for me last week as it was thirty eight years ago. I am so appreciative of Dark Star Orchestra. I look forward to shows with as much excitement as I do being at the show. It keeps me going. No pun intended.

Edited by Greg from Chestertown
I left out a word.
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

I would say that the greatest blessings can happen anywhere, anytime. I've been taking some time off this last year+ but i think I'd like to step it up a notch. No children in my immediate future and the world needs more dancing. 'Spirit through movement' as fuzzy Brian once said. 

• Forum MVP

I don’t disagree with you Mango. I first saw her at DSO show. Then met her at DSO show. Really connected in New Orleans over 4 days and 2 DSO shows. 

Lots of magic at the shows. I would be the first encourage you to catch more shows. We’ve missed you on the dance floor but I feel like at BM we hadn’t missed a beat. When the moments occurred we weaved and whirled together with tremendous harmony. It was beautiful. 

The world needs Scottys. We’ve both been beacons like him at times in our lives. I’m sure he will love the company. 

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

I don’t disagree with you Mango. I first saw her at DSO show. Then met her at DSO show. Really connected in New Orleans over 4 days and 2 DSO shows. 

Lots of magic at the shows. I would be the first encourage you to catch more shows. We’ve missed you on the dance floor but I feel like at BM we hadn’t missed a beat. When the moments occurred we weaved and whirled together with tremendous harmony. It was beautiful. 

The world needs Scottys. We’ve both been beacons like him at times in our lives. I’m sure he will love the company. 

I’ll take credit where credit is due. Yes I did put in good words when needed and provided the amazing Nola balcony and dazzling conversation to make it look like you had super cool friends and helped seal the deal. You owe it to me to name your 2nd child. Testaverde Augustus. He’s a combo of a football legend and my favorite Caesar. Just call him T.A. for short. It a female name her Snookie Baller.