Black mountain 2

On August 23, 2018 at 3:41 PM, Mango said:

. 'Spirit through movement' as fuzzy Brian once said. 

Accident coming home from BM a few years ago. Older couple sees us get out of van and asks "how do y'all know each other" ? I reply "we are from all over and meet up in BM every year for a spiritual gathering". When they asked "what faith do we belong to"?  I replied 

" It's spiritual enlightenment through dance and song"

Great shows as always at Black Mountain! Thank you band crew and management!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Rudisms or life philosophies of the Rude might deserve its own page. 

Quite a character. Always good for a laugh. 

I was in that accident and on my way to the airport. Created quite the time crunch. Truth be told I don’t even remember if we made our flights. 

• Forum MVP
On 8/26/2018 at 9:01 AM, Mason's Child said:

Rude 

You sure did help. 

In New Orleans man I think her friend Monica is hotter

In Columbus. Dude check out all this talent 

At Jubilee Whitney you all right but man his last one blows you away. 

Umm I never said the 3rd one. The 1st was in Nola and memories of that are mush. I prob told u I thought her friend was cute which she was. The 2nd I absolutely did say. The talent was solid there. Admiring the local talent just means I’m still a man. Denying it goes against the laws of nature. Actually I think it was in Iowa where I really gushed about the talent but that was just on the street and post show with the drunk chicks swarming the hitchhikers dog. Who knew Iowa chicks were that hot. 

And I recall us giving her a 9 hour ride home and after dropping you off in Memphis, I talked some jive about how you were a great guy and she should continue to see u. That you weren’t around for and that was the clincher. You’re welcome. 

• Forum MVP
On 8/26/2018 at 3:20 PM, Mason's Child said:

Rudisms or life philosophies of the Rude might deserve its own page. 

Quite a character. Always good for a laugh. 

I was in that accident and on my way to the airport. Created quite the time crunch. Truth be told I don’t even remember if we made our flights. 

you actually did! barely

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

Lady that hit us was on the cell phone. 

Glad you are against texting and driving besides the 1-2x I literally saved you from crashing in stop and go traffic when you were texting. 

• Forum MVP

I don’t think I took a moral stance or even was critical of the other driver. Simply stating facts. As to where you state hypotheticals. However I always appreciate a heads up when a passenger senses the situation first. Kudos Rude. You should be praised. Not quite worshipped like Scottie but definitely award worthy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

I don’t think I took a moral stance or even was critical of the other driver. Simply stating facts. As to where you state hypotheticals. However I always appreciate a heads up when a passenger senses the situation first. Kudos Rude. You should be praised. Not quite worshipped like Scottie but definitely award worthy. 

Back in those days a wreck would have been bad for more than 1 reason. Those were the days before the more discreet “e-cigarettes”.  

Haven’t had chance to say a few words about the black mountain weekend.

The shows, the friends, the smiling faces, the weather, the pisgah beer, the super 8, barbecue food on the way and the breakfast at Louises makes for unforgettable and special times, with amazing  people and phenomenal music. 

Crazy fingers >playin > monster terrapin was a first night specialty for me. On the way we spoke about getting some pig and when easy wind started the boys linked up and had sheer joy, which only followed with a China>rider that blew the lid off. How often do you get a easy wind china  rider filler? Where do they come up With this shit lol the fantasy is also something I love hearing, makes us all happy..and Jeff has absolutely mastered wharf rat. 

Wasn't sure what to expect the second night but we all knew it was gonna be the goods. So to open H>S>F was right up everyones alley. Hearing the opening notes to Ruben and Cherise is so satisfying and the song itself is one of my favorites, besides being an absolute awesome song but probably because of the rarity played from the GD and DSO as well. I’ve caught it 3 times now and it was on my list for a long time without hearing it. There’s nothing wrong at all getting a slamming scarlet>fire and it’s just beautifully done by DSO and it gets your heart rate through the roof BUT the alligator>Stephen> viola could go down for me as a 3 piece masterpiece from DSO. Wow..I was happy as fuck and actually had to sit down for a second and enjoy what was going down. Jesus this band brings the realness to this music and It was a perfect ending to a summer of 9 shows. But the party wasn’t over as it continued at the super 8. More beers, the cops haha and chilling by the creek ended the night off. What a blast, what a weekend and what a summer. 

The Music doesn’t stop as DSO his east coast this fall/winter and New Years. Forecast is looking plentiful for the rest of 2018, we are truly blessed to have this. Thank you DSO band and crew  and all of the DSO family here. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Forum MVP

What I think really makes this show special comes from the fact that despite the H>S>F opener it doesn’t peak too early. 

Often with that monster of an opening sequence to the show. The show kind of mellows and never reaches a bigger climax than the one right out the gate. That just wasn’t true here. Big explosion out the gate was surpassed by the Scarlett fire only to be outdone again by the Alligator Stephen Viola. Although I’m still pro the eleven. This was a great show. Great dance party. Absolutely love these BM get togethers. 

• Like (+1) 1