Tedeschi Trucks Band

newyawker

I saw my first TTB show last Thursday at the NYS fair free in Chevy Court.  Watched Lockn and they killed it.  Best group there by far.  Totally blown away.  Anyone else encounter this group?  They are a whole lot of music.  I have always been so immersed in Dead music, a band like this passed me by.  The horns learned to play on Neptune,  Kofi is amazing.  Derek could be one of the best living guitarists today, and i know why Susans name is first.  Perhaps the best touring band out today playing non Dead music.

• Forum MVP

My favorite non dead non bluegrass show touring. I caught the lockn streams as well and they freakin killed it. My youngest is in love w/ Ms Tedeschi. That voice. And been seeing Derek since he was a kid with ABB. A prodigy if there ever was one. 

1 hour ago, Dead duck said:

My favorite non dead non bluegrass show touring. I caught the lockn streams as well and they freakin killed it. My youngest is in love w/ Ms Tedeschi. That voice. And been seeing Derek since he was a kid with ABB. A prodigy if there ever was one. 

I felt bad for D&C having to follow them.  No disrespect.  Just a hard band to follow with that much music on stage.  I guess better late than never for me to get on their bus for a trip.  How can you not love Susan.  Especially with those glasses!!!! What impresses me the most is  Derek, the wizard, who could solo the shit out of the axe all night, instead is so humble to give the spotlight to everyone else on the stage.  

• Forum MVP

Back in 1991 or 1992, I saw Derek play when he was 13,  playing in a dive bar. And that wasn’t his first visit to our town. Always the gentleman when it comes to music. I’ve seen him encourage Susan’s guitar play. Just an affable guy.  Amazing to watch his growth all these years and the dynamic between him and Susan T is magic. 

• Forum MVP
16 minutes ago, PoetryGirl said:

Amazing to watch his growth all these years and the dynamic between him and Susan T is magic. 

Susan has it.  Funk, blues, soul - dirty rock-n-roll ❤️

• Forum MVP

Saw him join the Allman bros on stage in like 94 In Louisville at like 17yrs old. He only played a couple songs but he had such an unfair advantage being on the road at that age. It’s like monet weir being Bobby’s daughter. She’s so hot. What are we talking about again. Monet if you are reading this shoot me a message. I’m a big fan of the things you like as well like high fashion and love David Perse’s dead collection as well as John Mayer. He really brings the music alive right. Let’s talk about who you are going to wear next Coachella. Maybe we could hang at the (insert band you like here) show. I heard they are awesome. I know you like to drink so I’ll bring some rapper champagne so you will be like, this guy gets it. 

Archived