College football

bs69

• Forum MVP

Time to get the season started. Would be foolish to pick against Alabama winning again with their schedule. Here are my preseason picks for the playoffs:

Alabama

Clemson

Ohio State

Washington

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I’ll go with Wisconsin young undefeated during their 1st 12 games. Easiest schedule ever. Michigan and mich state are only top 50 teams in that 12 game stretch. Hilarious that a team like Michigan state who’s been consistently out recruited by Kentucky is constantly top 10 with no talent. Give me a break. No one in the west can stop a cupcake. Easiest road to undefeated until they play Ohio state. Penn state looks to be legit this year. Finally recruited back to back top 20 classes. But no one really has the talent to compete wiTh Ohio state. It’s like if bama joined conference USA. Ohio state finds ways to lose. Urban Meyers gots to go. Cupcake conference where Iowa, Wisconsin go undefeated and northwestern goes 10-2 but u have zeke and get 100 total yards vs mich state?  The abuse scandal should have gotten u guys out of his contract and onto a fresh coach of your choice. Alas u have urban again. 

Within 2 years Georgia will be the best. Their recruiting is insane. Next year they already have 8 5-Star guys signed. That’s before 2018 starts. Holy shit that’s elite talent.  Without talent you can’t be consistent. It’s why Iowa gets destroyed in bowls.  You can beat scrubs with a good team game but u can’t beat teams with talent every week if you lack talent. You will eventually lose. 

• Forum MVP

Wisconsin plays at Michigan and at Penn state this year, not that easy. Alabama's toughest road game is at LSU. Sets up nicely for them to be back again. Not sure what to expect from tOSU with the off field distractions but I'm excited to see an improved offense with a better passing game.

• Forum MVP

Osu absolutely will have a better offense. How can they not. Meyer has underperformed regardless of the championship a few years ago. Great expectations and mediocre seasons. Records were good but play was not. 

• Forum MVP

Michigan state is an absolute joke in the rankings. They haven’t had a top 20 recruiting class in forever. The lack of talent on defense showed for penn state and Michigan state. Both barely beat bottom dwellers. LSU is loaded with nfl talent again but teams like Michigan state will always be overrated because of the sportswriters who don’t seem to understand sports. Unless you have a star qb, the difference between teams is NFL talent. Besides Ohio state, the big ten doesn’t have it. The ACC and sec pull most of the top players. I mean who wants to be in Minnesota or Wisconsin or Michigan if u are a star player. Wisconsin has a great system even if they lack elite talent. OSU is full of talent with a coach who is the Calipari of football. 

Looks like the SEC west is going to be brutal again this year. Bama auburn LSU(still ranked under mich st and penn state after they dismantled Miami), Miss st, ole miss, Texas a&m and lastly Arkansas who would  be the 3rd best recruiting team in the big 10 if they were there. 

• Forum MVP

It’s weird that I’d say bamas offense is better than their defense, but it is. Bama would be a 3 loss team in the sec this year if they had last years offense. It’s one if rve worst bama defenses I’ve seen in years, but Tua is off the charts.

Georgia probably has have the best defense in the country. South Carolina looked great offensively early on and Georgia gave them nothing after the catch. 8 5* players as freshmen. Wow. Georgia will be your national champs this year. This is the beginning of a dynasty. They will have the top recruiting in 2019 and 2020. Mark it down. 

The sec west is the best it’s ever been. No they won’t get 7 teams in the AP ranking but their top 5 are all legit top 10 teams. There’s so much talent and speed in this division. When I switched games after watching some of these sec games the rest seemed to be in slow motion. 

Game of the week. No brainer. Clemson vs A&m. It had it all. Speedy defenses. Great clutch offensive plays. A home team comeback. The crowd playing a big part. A bad call on a turnover but a 3 and out stop that gave the ball bsck with under a minute then the comeback(almost). Wow that was fun to watch. There’s a ton of talent on both those teams. Fantastic game. 

Streak of the century broken. Uk finally beat Florida after 31 straight losses. I was at the 93 game where wuerffel threw a 25yd wide open td with seconds left. We all saw the tight end uncovered and were like no.... then last year we didn’t cover the WR for an easy score—2 Times!!!!! Geeze. It’s over though thankfully. 

• Forum MVP

Clemson v A&M was a great game, we need more of that early season. Glad to see Kentucky beat Florida finally, my UK friends were all in a much better mood today, hopefully they don't have a letdown in that Murray state game next week. It was also great to see Nebraska and Colorado play again, brought back memories of some great games the day after Thanksgiving. I'll reserve judgement on Alabama's offense until they play a team with a defense, just like with Ohio state. Ohio State will get their chance to show it next week. Pick of the week, Auburn crushes LSU this week.

• Forum MVP

Alabama has a fantastic QB. Tua is for real and bama is loaded with nfl wide receivers and RB’s. You will see some unusual bama scores in the future like 55-28 and 63-42 vs A&m. This will be bamas worst defenses in 8 years and best offense ever. 

But georgia is best in the country. They are loaded and I mean loaded. They got 30% of the nations 5-Star prospects last year. That’s insane. Their backup QB is the top freshman qb in the country and their defense is far superior to bamas. Georgia has a much easier schedule. Bama has A&M, Miss st, LSU and auburn. They are all loaded with talent. Georgia is going to have the best defense in the country this year and next and next. They are going to be an Alabama on steroids team for years to come. They will be putting 10+ players a year in the nfl with that recruiting. Kirby has it on lockdown now. 

• Forum MVP

No talent overrated Wisconsin falls to BYU at home. Shows what happens when you can’t recruit and have super slow defense. 

Maryland beat by 21 by temple. Ouch. 

Rutgers allowed 55 points to Kansas. Guess Kansas isn’t the worst power 5 team anymore. 

Nebraska lost to Troy. 

Oh boy. 

Ohio state is real. The rest of the conference are cupcakes with no talent. The SEC has played 4 top 10 non conference games. They were playing a higher ranked in all 4. Texas A&M loses by 2 to the number 2 ranked team, Vanderbilt loses by 5 because of a dropped pass at the 10 to number 8 notre dame and LSU and auburn smoked their top 10 opponents. 

If you look at the rivals recruiting rankings you will see why the SEC is a top yo bottom dominant conference. Wisconsin would be the 10th best recruiting team in the SEC. it’s about talent and the big ten(besides Ohio state) lacks it. Penn state has had 2 straight top 15 classes but besides Ohio state no team in the big ten has had 3 straight top 20 classes. Auburn, LSU, Bama, Georgia have had 4 straight top 10 classes.  In the last 5 years no fewer than 6 sec teams have been in the top 10 recruiting classes every year with a few times they have had 7 of the top 10 classes. Nfl talent makes great teams. You can have a good team without it but when u play nonstop pro players, the talent difference will catch up to you sooner or later and today Wisconsin’s low talent team got exposed. Lucky that penn state didn’t drop their overtime Game to Appalachian state or there would be no pretense even that there was any competition. Ohio state should roll through with a 13-0 record and play the 3 seed unless the big 10 fail today will drag them down against TCU but I doubt it. Osu looks better than they have in years this year, but urban isn’t coaching so that’s prob why. 

• Forum MVP

Tua has been so good that he’s only played like 60 minutes so far in 3 games this year. He was 12/12 on 3rd down conversions passing and 2/2 running for it until they couldn’t convert 1 this game. That’s crazy good. If he could just not be perfect they would leave him in the game. I’m sure that at some point they will be in at least a 2-3 score game and he will play the whole game. But because of Tuas passing, Hurts is actually throwing it instead of tucking and running 70% of psss plays.  Tua has forced hurts to evolve as a player. 

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, Rude said:

No talent overrated Wisconsin falls to BYU at home. Shows what happens when you can’t recruit and have super slow defense. 

Maryland beat by 21 by temple. Ouch. 

Rutgers allowed 55 points to Kansas. Guess Kansas isn’t the worst power 5 team anymore. 

Nebraska lost to Troy. 

Oh boy. 

Ohio state is real. The rest of the conference are cupcakes with no talent. The SEC has played 4 top 10 non conference games. They were playing a higher ranked in all 4. Texas A&M loses by 2 to the number 2 ranked team, Vanderbilt loses by 5 because of a dropped pass at the 10 to number 8 notre dame and LSU and auburn smoked their top 10 opponents. 

If you look at the rivals recruiting rankings you will see why the SEC is a top yo bottom dominant conference. Wisconsin would be the 10th best recruiting team in the SEC. it’s about talent and the big ten(besides Ohio state) lacks it. Penn state has had 2 straight top 15 classes but besides Ohio state no team in the big ten has had 3 straight top 20 classes. Auburn, LSU, Bama, Georgia have had 4 straight top 10 classes.  In the last 5 years no fewer than 6 sec teams have been in the top 10 recruiting classes every year with a few times they have had 7 of the top 10 classes. Nfl talent makes great teams. You can have a good team without it but when u play nonstop pro players, the talent difference will catch up to you sooner or later and today Wisconsin’s low talent team got exposed. Lucky that penn state didn’t drop their overtime Game to Appalachian state or there would be no pretense even that there was any competition. Ohio state should roll through with a 13-0 record and play the 3 seed unless the big 10 fail today will drag them down against TCU but I doubt it. Osu looks better than they have in years this year, but urban isn’t coaching so that’s prob why. 

It always amazes me that the strong teams are unable to navigate an entire season without losing.  It sure looks like they should on paper, and then the games happen, right?  

Going undefeated is extremely rare and difficult.

Archived