Sign in to follow this  
bs69

College football

Thought for sure Auburn would beat LSU, just never know. The conference that had a great day yesterday was the Big 12, with wins by Kansas (always a big deal if Kansas wins a football game), Texas tech (that freshman qb is legit) Oklahoma state and Texas. TCU showed up and gave tOSU a great game.

15 hours ago, Rude said:

No talent overrated Wisconsin falls to BYU at home. Shows what happens when you can’t recruit and have super slow defense. 

Maryland beat by 21 by temple. Ouch. 

Rutgers allowed 55 points to Kansas. Guess Kansas isn’t the worst power 5 team anymore. 

Nebraska lost to Troy. 

Oh boy. 

Ohio state is real. The rest of the conference are cupcakes with no talent. The SEC has played 4 top 10 non conference games. They were playing a higher ranked in all 4. Texas A&M loses by 2 to the number 2 ranked team, Vanderbilt loses by 5 because of a dropped pass at the 10 to number 8 notre dame and LSU and auburn smoked their top 10 opponents. 

If you look at the rivals recruiting rankings you will see why the SEC is a top yo bottom dominant conference. Wisconsin would be the 10th best recruiting team in the SEC. it’s about talent and the big ten(besides Ohio state) lacks it. Penn state has had 2 straight top 15 classes but besides Ohio state no team in the big ten has had 3 straight top 20 classes. Auburn, LSU, Bama, Georgia have had 4 straight top 10 classes.  In the last 5 years no fewer than 6 sec teams have been in the top 10 recruiting classes every year with a few times they have had 7 of the top 10 classes. Nfl talent makes great teams. You can have a good team without it but when u play nonstop pro players, the talent difference will catch up to you sooner or later and today Wisconsin’s low talent team got exposed. Lucky that penn state didn’t drop their overtime Game to Appalachian state or there would be no pretense even that there was any competition. Ohio state should roll through with a 13-0 record and play the 3 seed unless the big 10 fail today will drag them down against TCU but I doubt it. Osu looks better than they have in years this year, but urban isn’t coaching so that’s prob why. 

NFL talent can only take you so far without a quarterback, just ask LSU. The reason Michigan St. is ranked fairly high most years us they develope qbs. They have put at least 4 into the NFL the last ten years, how many have LSU and Ky.?

Nfl talent takes you very very far on defense. Just ask bama who until this year hasn’t had a qb worth crap. Auburn has had almost no one at qb but their defense is always top 5 in the country. Connor cook sure looked good at times vs the “ranked” northwestern teams. Only Ohio state has a legit defense. No way an Iowa ever could go 12-0 on the sec or northwestern going 10-2 multiple occasions. This year they didn’t cupcake the schedule enough Even though it looked pretty cupcake to me. Sec plays a total of 5 top 10 non conference games this year. It’s not about win loss. It’s the big game conference. 

21 hours ago, Rude said:

Nfl talent takes you very very far on defense. Just ask bama who until this year hasn’t had a qb worth crap. Auburn has had almost no one at qb but their defense is always top 5 in the country. Connor cook sure looked good at times vs the “ranked” northwestern teams. Only Ohio state has a legit defense. No way an Iowa ever could go 12-0 on the sec or northwestern going 10-2 multiple occasions. This year they didn’t cupcake the schedule enough Even though it looked pretty cupcake to me. Sec plays a total of 5 top 10 non conference games this year. It’s not about win loss. It’s the big game conference. 

McCarron was a pretty good quarter back at Alabama

Mccarron was definitely serviceable. But Tua is a baker mayfield type qb on a team with a defense. Next week bama vs Texas a&m should be a good one. A&M has legit stars on defense with a pretty solid offense. At this point, Bama may be the most dominant team we’ve ever seen in football.  The only thing that slows bama is when they take Tua out of the game in the 1st or 2nd quarter. He’s only played a little over 60 minutes in the 1st 3 games which is insane. The reps will shoot way up vs A&m as I don’t see them getting down by 40 in the 1st half but then again this offense is loaded and the defense is pretty decent. It’s nowbere near bamas best defenses in the last 5 years but it’s still deep with talent. 

4 hours ago, bs69 said:

I'll be shocked if A&M keeps it close.

I don’t think Tua can be stopped with that stable of NFL wr’s, the best of which may end up being the freshman Waddle. The kid had a TD return nullified by a penalty and had another big return last week as well as a 60yd insane catch against Louisville and he’s coming off the bench. Jerry juedy may be a 1st rounder then you have devonte smith who caught the game winning catch last year vs Georgia and Henry Ruggs who will likely be a late round pick. 

Even if you can slow Tua down, you have to score on that defense. A&M has looked solid this year coming within a 2 point conversion of taking Clemson to OT and a few blowout wins vs scrubs. 

I still believe this is a porous bama defense. I think this will be the worst bama defense we’ve seen in years. They lost way too many to the pros from last years team. 

7 bama defenders taken in 1st 4 rounds in 2017 and 8 defenders taken overall in 2018. You can’t make up for that. They are very thin at a few positions and you can’t replace Minkah in the secondary. Bama has allowed more 20+ yd plays this year than I’ve seen in the last 2 and those were on short passes where the linebackers went the wrong way. Last year you saw almost no missed tackles. This year there have been a bunch. Good news for bama fans is the defense will almost all return next year as well as most of the offense. Bad news is Georgia is maybe even more loaded next year.

This kid is electric and this was game 1.