Serious?

Rude

• Forum MVP

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/james-perse-truckin-grateful-dead-summer-collection-1135232

Great quote

The goal was to modernize the iconic Deadhead look by “taking that era and all their artwork and manipulating the color palettes” for a result that’s more akin to the luxe concert merch being offered by today's artists like Justin Bieber, Beyonce and Ariana Grande.

• Forum MVP

Is it wrong for GD to become mainstream? No. Manipulating it into something palpable for the masses? Yes.  “The more you give, the more it’ll take. Beyond which you really can fake.”

Don’t I wish the societal  mores of GD music espoused were held precious to more. The duality of approach recognized and discernment the good counselor. Where my ears don’t burn and eyes rejoice in what they see, shed of their lies.  Where fun, love and light frolick and are the points considered in dead reckoning. Where what you are and what your meant to be speaks it name. Where song and dance are the medicaments of healing and opened consciousness the tincture. Where you trust in what is thwre in the palm of your hand. And the radical, he rides in rage, saying someone’s got to turn the page. 

The vagabond who's rapping at your door
Is standing in the clothes that you once wore
Strike another match, go start anew
And it's all over now, baby blue

• Forum MVP

So I see we have here a $28,000 steal your face pool table. Forgive my ignorance, but what's a good pool table cost these days minus the Stealie?

Here is one answer:

Heirloom/Custom Tables: $3,500 – $15,000

You’ll only find the cream of the crop in a pool table above $3,500. These tables are often made from exotic woods and contain embellishments like semi-precious gems throughout the entire piece. Timeless antique pool tables are also known to cost in the range of $10,000-$15,000 all things considered.

While all of these high-grade materials and intricate designs will definitely pack on to the price, these tables are set above the rest. Tables like these are considered multi-lifetime investments, as you’re great-grandchildren will be playing on them!

• Forum MVP

$2000 will get you playing on a solid table. 

$10,000 will get you a fantastic table. Stylish. Customized. Elegant. Really whatever your looking for. 

15 to 20k your really trying to spend money on a pool table. These exists but their beyond top of the line. 

I love pool and there’s nothing better than playing on a quality table. The pool table at the dive bar around the corner from where I work takes 6 quarters, has a few cigarette burns, two of the legs are on wood chocks, once and awhile you have to shake it to get the last balls out and it smells like it’s cleaned with PBR regularly. We play many games on it and It works just fine!

The juke box still has the wheel disc you turn by hand to change pages of music. Classic rock, country (not today’s country) real country and some blues is all you’ll find here. The owner hasn’t changed his clothes in a decade. The beer is cold, the jukebox works and the pool table is playable. Should I ask him if he needs the stealie Poole table? 😂

• Forum MVP

I can have a stealie dye sublimated into felt. No need to spend 28k to have that. Prob $500 would get you the custom felt if not less.

If that table was fully custom carved by Stanley mouse with dead iconography all over and it was a 1 if a kind piece with the proceeds donated to charity, it would be extremely desirable. As it sits now, it’s a $3k table with sublimated felt with some Kardashian designers name on it for $28k

on that note, in sandiego, the gf pointed out someone wearing one of the kelce green dead jackets that was $500 along with some non dead Gucci shoes. If you have money to burn and it makes you feel better then I guess go for it. If the piece was amazing then cool, but it’s a $20 jacket with a SYF patch. It would sell on lot for $50 and would be very desirable. 

i get wanting to fit in but do they know that these items will make you stand out and not for the right reasons. If you want to show your wealth, a dead show is not the place to do that unless you want negative stares. Dead shows are the only place that doctors hang out with homeless people(you get my drift). Dead shows are the one place in society where your worth is only measured by your kindness and personality. The rarest thing to hear is what do you do for a living. That’s irrelevant at show. Tonight we all dance for our lives. 

• Forum MVP

these posts are hilarious. Yea, my parents had a five by ten table in the basement, inch and a half thick slate, built around 1930. Willie Hoopie and Willie Mosconi have played on it, used to be over the Warner theater in Wilmington, De. My parents moved to assisted living, gave all the furniture to family. Nobody took the pool table. It costs more to move than it’s worth. My nephew got it when he bought the house. 

• Forum MVP
14 minutes ago, PoetryGirl said:

I can offer a Stealie bolt on a custom crown. Just name the tooth and it’ll be ! $175 up charge. 

Nice. I want 1 red and 1 blue front tooth with a cutout between the 2 to make a bolt!!! Not sure if my dentist client would like it much but the hospital and other ones would surely respect it!!! Body modification is so hot today because of the Kardashian trend. PG u should have an ad that’s like:

Why stop with butt implants and knuckle injections. Be a trendsetter and get custom teeth. Want a crown with a $ sign?  Bet. Want your mouth to say snookie baller. Bet. How about cat teeth. Become instagram famous. Imagine the followers and the attention you will receive(prey on the vulnerable. Don’t say that in the spot though). Think of the ladies that will be like that’s unique and then give you their digits. How about for that discernible confederate. We can put a flag on a back tooth so you choose when people see it. Surrounded by antifa?  They won’t know. Surrounded at cookout.  Show your pride. We take cash or have easy payment plans. We won’t judge you. We are doctors so your privacy is our main concern. We believe in your 1st amendment right to tooth speech so no idea is too big or too small.  Call us today! 

I used to write radio spots so if you want the 60 second Copy I’ll write it. I firmly believe you only have so many chances in life to really build a niche business so don’t let this idea slip you by PG. operators are standing by. 

• Forum MVP

I even have an idea of how to add temp tooth tattoos. 

Sure  Rudy - I’ll drill on you. And I don’t offer payment plans. You don’t walk out the grocery with the goods and say I’ll pay ya later. Operators are standing by.... I couldn’t write down that number - could t find pen and paper fast enough, EVER! I wanted all those music complications!!!

• Forum MVP
10 hours ago, Vic81 said:

I love pool and there’s nothing better than playing on a quality table. The pool table at the dive bar around the corner from where I work takes 6 quarters, has a few cigarette burns, two of the legs are on wood chocks, once and awhile you have to shake it to get the last balls out and it smells like it’s cleaned with PBR regularly. We play many games on it and It works just fine!

The juke box still has the wheel disc you turn by hand to change pages of music. Classic rock, country (not today’s country) real country and some blues is all you’ll find here. The owner hasn’t changed his clothes in a decade. The beer is cold, the jukebox works and the pool table is playable. Should I ask him if he needs the stealie Poole table? 😂

Dude, you should buy him the table as thanks for keeping it real. 🤑🤑🎱🎱

• Forum MVP
On 8/30/2018 at 4:35 PM, PoetryGirl said:

I even have an idea of how to add temp tooth tattoos. 

Sure  Rudy - I’ll drill on you. And I don’t offer payment plans. You don’t walk out the grocery with the goods and say I’ll pay ya later. Operators are standing by.... I couldn’t write down that number - could t find pen and paper fast enough, EVER! I wanted all those music complications!!!

Payment plans are just code for high interest financing. They give you an extra cut as well. When you are ready to diversify your clientele from people who want healthy teeth and gums to people who want bling, let me know. Make it while you can before it all comes crashing down and people have to choose teeth or shelter. I’ve never seen 1 dentist in post apocalyptic movies. Not 1. The end is nigh. Invest in bullets and penicillin. That’s what will have value in the future. Canned peaches too. Booze and the like will carry great value as well. At that point you just use the medical training to sew bullet holes and zombie wounds assuming they aren’t the WWZ types that make insta zombies. 

• Forum MVP
4 minutes ago, chuckvegas said:

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt6569640/

Load up on 5.56 and 9mm. Don’t forget vitamins and Crest.

It lists the movie as 2017 yet it’s still in post production. It was sponsored by the orthodontist society of America and after watching the dailies they scrapped it. 

• Forum MVP

Good to see you did your homework. Hopefully soon you’ll be able to say you’ve seen one. The topic of dental hygiene is mentioned in several post-apocalyptic books. It is not to be taken lightly.

i recommend a medium barrel twist rate of 1x8 for the AR. And for .30-06 make sure it is Garland safe. You’ll last longer that way and it is more versatile for trade purposes. 

Vitamin C and flossing will be key or all the surviving dental techs will be out of work PDQ.  

• Forum MVP

Chuck everyone knows that in zombie apocalypses, a shotgun is the most effective gun as it won’t be as much sniping as close quarters combat. Birdshot will be most effective because all you need is 1 piece of metal hitting the brain and it’s over. Like any responsible person I have my Z-bag ready. Steel plated gloves, sharpened swords, lots of duct tape(doubles as armor). I won’t tell you all of it because I need some of you to become zombies to not scavenge for all the canned food I’ll need. 

Archived