A band I saw last night

Rude

• Forum MVP

Thanks! I would groove hard to the TH songs too. Like I do when Cheese plays Naive Melody and Nothing But Flowers. Or when DSO played Up All Night. Or the band occasionally known as Terrapin Nation (been way too long) played Nothing But Flowers. 

Or when the lady formerly known as my wife and I saw two shows of the Stop Making Sense Tour. Now that was good clean youthful fun...

I acknowledge I didn’t see any of these last night. But I did see DSO and Cheese recently. 😎

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Last Saturday I went to the venue where the live dead ‘69 show is happening, and the poster says they are recreating the set from Woodstock 

Also this summer I am finally getting my boys to see Phil, the last living member box they have to check off. Thanks to Willie Nelson and his outlaw tour, he is dragging Phil to the middle of the country and we are gonna hit the Chicago stop. 

I saw they Travelin' McCourys with the Jeff Austin band doing their Grateful Ball last night at the Livery Brewery in Benton Harbor Michigan. I would highly recommend that you see them if you can. Both bands are excellent and the McCoury's just won a Grammy. But when all 10 of them guys with stringed instruments get on stage and start weaving the songs of the Grateful Dead.....it is MAGIC ! The Scarlet>Fire was out of this world....i kept yelling for a DarkStar.......maybe someday......

GO SEE THEM !

Peace  WildBill

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP
On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:28 AM, Tea said:

JGB Tonight - Will be good to see Melvin while we still can.  Looking forward to boogieing on down  - it's always much-needed.

Had a blast last night and Melvin + Co brought the goods!  With an opening local act, we only got one set and no encore :(   Here's what I remember although I feel like I'm missing a couple:

Merl’s Song
What A Wonderful World 
Tough Mama 
It’s No Use
Let The Good Times Roll 
That’s What Love Will Make You Do 
Cumberland Blues 
Ruben & Cherise > 
Eyes Of The World > 
Sisters & Brothers 
Deal

Sore and Foggy - in a good way?  I guess.

• Like (+1) 5

• Forum MVP

Caught Jeff and friends last night in Ardmore. Interesting night. A lot of songs that I didn’t know, which makes it tough to learn them while they’re being blasted at you. (I’m not complaining) Run, Mary and Who was John highlights for me. Sitting here in limbo had me dancing my hands off. The songs they played gave Lisa a great opportunity to shine and she took full advantage. Don’t let go, Deal, tons more. A couple of fun songs, the band enjoyed themselves. My first time in Ardmore, good crowd, not sardine style. 

Nineteenth nervous breakdown first set closer. Some Beatles tune. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

1 hour ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

Any highlights from the setlist?

1st set Rubin Cassidy Cumberland Tore up to close the set. 

2nd set Viola Lee was nuts. Felt like it climaxed forever. Other one was sick too. And 3 man drums was pretty sweet. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Saw a band at Sweetwater in Mill Valley called Jerry's Middle Finger.  Somewhat of a low rent cover band in the style of JGB, but the price was right at $15. They're from LA, and "the Jerry" is a guy named Garrett Deloian.

What was cool is he had been loaned the Stephen Cripe guitar that was being build for Garcia in the summer of '95. Jerry died before the guitar was finished. Recall that Cripe had made 2 guitars for Jerry already; Bolt, which Garcia received as a gift and played the final 2 years of his life, and Top Hat, which he apparently liked but never played on stage.

This final guitar was called Tribute.  Looked totally cool up close. Here's some more info and a picture I snapped.

https://www.cripeguitars.com/tribute.html

Tribute.jpg

• Forum MVP
30 minutes ago, John A said:

Saw a band at Sweetwater in Mill Valley called Jerry's Middle Finger.  Somewhat of a low rent cover band in the style of JGB, but the price was right at $15. They're from LA, and "the Jerry" is a guy named Garrett Deloian.

What was cool is he had been loaned the Stephen Cripe guitar that was being build for Garcia in the summer of '95. Jerry died before the guitar was finished. Recall that Cripe had made 2 guitars for Jerry already; Bolt, which Garcia received as a gift and played the final 2 years of his life, and Top Hat, which he apparently liked but never played on stage.

This final guitar was called Tribute.  Looked totally cool up close. Here's some more info and a picture I snapped.

https://www.cripeguitars.com/tribute.html

Tribute.jpg

Wow cool, thanks for that info and photo, John. I never knew Jerry was having a guitar being made for him in '95...very cool that it can get out and get played. What a beautiful work of art

• Forum MVP
You got a great show Duck! I'm glad they moved CC. I'll probably head down for the next one
BCE
Date
2019-03-09
Venue
Cosmic Charlies, Lexington, KY
Set One
Cosmic Charlie, Jack Straw, Greatest Story Ever Told, Little Red Rooster, Ship Of Fools, Operator, Memphis Blues, Rubin and Cherise, Cassidy, Cumberland Blues, Tore Up
Set Two
Scarlet Begonias>, Fire On The Mountain, Viola Lee Blues, Truckin'>Other One, Drums> Space>, To Lay Me Down, Around and Around, One More Saturday Night, Box of Rain
Encore
It’s All Over Now Baby Blue, We Bid You Goodnight
Notes
Dino English and Brad Slutskin played. First show at the Cosmic Charlies at 105 W Loudon Ave.
  • Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

It was a good not great show. I’d say you won’t have your mind blown but won’t feel like you wasted $20 either. Although if they have the same opener we had tonight, go ahead and get there an hour late. Lemon was in their name. They played the Woodstock setlist and then about an hour of filler. Danceable. TC did a little solo piano stuff before main set started 

• Thanks (+1) 1