A band I saw last night

Rude

• Forum MVP

Saw Bobby and wolf bros Thursday in St. Louis. Got in early and got THE primo spot dead center behind the pit. Fun time but not as dancy as I would like but still fun. Saw koritz hanging out by the monitor board and was thinking he may have played percussion kit on a song but don’t think bobby adds guests for these shows. 

Set I: Bertha, Friend of the Devil, Black Throated Wind, Cassidy, Most of the Time, Great Rain, Tennesee Jed, Bird Song

Set II: Me & My Uncle, Scarlet Begonias > Corrina > Truckin’ > Fever > Two Djinn, Dear Prudence > Throwing Stones > Going Down the Road Feeling Bad

Encore: Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Saw Melvin tonight at the Madison in Covington. DSO played there back in 2013 I think and possibly the show that got cancelled in ‘14 or ‘15 was supposed to be there too. I have really enjoyed his shows since that Zach(k?) Nugent took the lead guitar spot. 

Harder they come

Bright side of the road

So many roads

Evangeline

lets spend the night together

Tangled

Cats

Dear Prudence

Takes a lot to laugh, takes a train to cry

gotta serve somebody 

Brown eyed women

Ill take you there>bridge over troubled water>I’ll take you there (lady singer this was very cool)

Deal

Im probably missing 1-2 out of each set. That’s the best memory will allow at the moment. But I had a good time and enjoyed the show

• Like (+1) 4

• Forum MVP

You got a great show, sorry I missed this one. Cats has one of my favorite Melvin parts, along with prudence.  Both have tremendous keys.  Funny , I didn't go,  but woke up this morning feeling a need to  play guitar and the first song that showed up for me was tangled up and I hadn't been playing it for a while now.  Ran through it twice just to get it right before it got shelved again.  Mostly playing originals now and wild horses (for some strange reason,  maybe because it's easy) thanks for the list duck!

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

I caught The Garcia Project (plays JGB) last Thursday down in Portland and wow that's the best post-Jerry JGB music I think I've heard...they played 9/18/76 and was full of beauty. (Mango--Did you catch the double header in southern Oregon over the weekend? I'd be curious your opinion of these guys..) Or anyone else caught these cats?

I would put in a few miles to catch them again and there aren't many bands other than dso that get me willing to travel a bit to catch...

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP
17 hours ago, Island Bro said:

I caught The Garcia Project (plays JGB) last Thursday down in Portland and wow that's the best post-Jerry JGB music I think I've heard...they played 9/18/76 and was full of beauty. (Mango--Did you catch the double header in southern Oregon over the weekend? I'd be curious your opinion of these guys..) Or anyone else caught these cats?

I would put in a few miles to catch them again and there aren't many bands other than dso that get me willing to travel a bit to catch...

Negatory. On east coast, headed south for dso tomorrow

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Going to see Widespread Panic first show of 3-nite run in Durham, NC.  Last time I saw them boys was 1998 I think - so I suspect much has changed.  The person who got me the ticket has seeing them for 25 years and still can't get enough.

Give me the 411 on Panic.  Anyone?  Their fans are a hoot although after this video, you may have another word

• Forum MVP

Write WSMFP on a white tee and you will be safe. Also say yes to everything. Just saw the it’s always sunny where Charlie said yes to everything and he won lots of money and had a great night so they are my role models and I trust them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 1

• Forum MVP

Jimmy Herring is a flat-out shredder!  I liked him more with the Q but that dood can really bring it!  

Really nice group of fans - fun-loving bunch for sure.  Definitely worth it - fun times!

Dancin a jig tonight.  

• Like (+1) 1

I have had a very nice 4 week run of shows.....all were EXCELLENT !

First up was The Jeff Austin Band and the Travel'in McCorys and the Grateful Ball at the Livery Brewery in Benton Harbor,MI

The next week it was Yonder Mountain String Band at the Vogue in Indy

The next week was Melvin Seals and JGB at the Vogue

And then last week it was the Infamous Stringdusters at the Vogue again.

All were mid-week shows(don't know how Melvin got away with playing til 1:15 am on a week night)

More to come...can't wait !!!!!!

Peace  WildBill

• Like (+1) 3

Saw Deep Banana Blackout and Kung  Fu at the Capitol Theater last night. DBB was joined by Michael Hampton, P Funk guitarist, for the last half of the set. First time seeing Kung Fu, they were very good, really enjoyed their set. Next was DBB, really fun to see them after almost 20 years since the last time. Used to see them all the time when I was younger, really a high energy band. The final set was both bands playing together on stage. It was a relentlessly high energy show, I had a tough time keeping up. Made me appreciate the dynamics of a DSO show, giving you a breather, changing up the feel and tempo, groove etc. It was interesting to see that Michael Hampton was playing an Alembic Furthur, their version of Jerry's Wolf. Pretty cool to actually see one in person, used to covet that guitar when I used to play.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

JRAD 3 miles away and skipping it....decided on just stumbling down Frenchmen tonight. The only reason I’m on a phone is our apartment literally 400 feet from Maison has no air and their tech will be here in 30 minutes. Hypothetically they could have their own Mardi Gras in our place if not supervised. Considering it’s night 1 of 8 they could have a lot of fun and I don’t trust them lol. By night 7 they can have at it. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/25/2019 at 2:42 PM, Island Bro said:

We saw Garcia Project Saturday night at Cape Cod Community College and wow, what fun that was. Took a bit for the dancin' to begin, but once Mystery Train began, we flooded the floor! Let Me Roll It was stretched out and worth the price of admission alone. Was torn between this and staying home to watch hockey. Sooo glad I went. Was home to catch 2nd OT only to see B's lose.

They recreated 7/30/77, and threw in Lonesome and a Long Way From Home to close!!

Set 1

1. Let It Rock
  2. Stop That Train
  3. Mystery Train
  4. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
  5. They Love Each Other
  6. I Second That Emotion

Set 2

1. The Way You Do The Things You Do
  2. Let Me Roll It
  3. Simple Twist Of Fate
  4. Harder They Come
  5. Gomorrah
  6. Tore Up Over You
  7. Tangled Up In Blue

Encore

1. My Sisters And Brothers:dsorocks:

• Like (+1) 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Thanks, Greg.

Likewise, I didn’t want to try to be funny as I wasn’t sure if you were playin’.  

Everyone here, including me knows that you are a great dude.  I appreciate you coming back and clarifying.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

I was epically tired and must have been grumpy when I posted some negativity in that blues thread about deadco deer creek b/c I really had an epic week finishing with the wrigley shows.  Unfortunately I was quoted so my post will live in infamy. I met more kind people randomly than ever in my life. The epitome of the scene was this guy taking a header after the show outside and 5 people run straight to him to help him. We help this guy get to a stoop and a stranger says I got him and stayed with him on that stoop. It was like everyone was going out of their way to be more helpful and more kind than the next guy but not in a way of trying to be better than anyone else but just feeding off the love. So Saturday I evidently skipped the guy who scans tickets to get field bands but get them anyway so of course I’m like sorry babe we are sitting here until we see someone enter who would take advantage of a field wristband. Found a couple and they took our tix and got a field wristband. No way I was going to let unscanned field bracelets not get used. We saw them after the show on the street and that made their night and hopefully they will pass it on down the road. If everyone in the world had this mentality we’d live in a utopia. Oh and I went to the unsold sections behind home plate with the people who see space and hit it and I saw a familiar face who I met at deer creek, but he was also at jubilee, all of jazz fest and we had met before. I heard from him the most insane tour plan I’ve ever heard. All of deadco. All jazzfest. Around 8 fests, today he stayed in Chicago to see billy strings b4 heading east to finish deadco. Retired and just lives tour and  3-4 day fests. He tried to entice us into Eric Krasno and friends after the Saturday show but I was beat. It made me realize I should talk to more people. So many interesting people who do fun things. Everyone I chatted with had all these fun travel plans. I’m glowing. Regardless if the music isn’t exactly what I want, the scene is so large and full of multitudes of great people you can’t help but glow. Oh and on the field, we went in front of the PA’s that projects into the stands and you could get a foot away as it was on the ground. It was the loudest thing I’ve ever heard. You could stay there like 15 seconds and feel like you are approaching the sun and then need to move to not go deaf. Several people around us would dance into that sound for a few seconds then dance out and be like wow!! Unfortunately a field usher guarding his entry point was dead center of it 10 feet away with no earplugs. I don’t see how you wouldn’t have ear damage after that. It was made to project sound 300 feet away. I basked in it a total of like a minute over the last 4 songs and I could feel it today and the usher was there all night. That could be on worlds most dangerous jobs. There were 20 other acts of amazing kindness we witnessed and so many great people we met that I could write a book about it all but my ramble ends here. 

• Like (+1) 2