A band I saw last night

Rude

• Forum MVP

InDEAD Nation at the Still in Timonium, MD

Highly entertaining. Three sets. 2 Dead. 1 jerry.

Shakedown crushed,  Truckin>New Speedway in the second.

Closed with Waiting for a Miracle>WBYGN.

Thanks to all band members for a local Dead scene.

Praise DSO.

• Like (+1) 4

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

I saw Billy Strings on public television Sunday morning, playing a show in some cave somewhere. Thoroughly impressed. I thought the venue would be a cool place for DSO to play. 

It’s the bluegrass underground In Tennessee. I saw Del and Dawg down there and it was probably one of my favorite shows. They have moved since to a larger cave where they can get more people in. Haven’t been to the new one yet. But DSO underground would be unreal. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Think we are gonna try to do this. Canoe down the river during the day. Shows at night. Looks like fun. Gotta find a cabin with a/c as camping in August is a no go for me. 2 nights of jakes leg sounds fun. 

BE8-F6-BFB-A545-4-AE8-8846-DFF7-E88-BD30

• Like (+1) 2

Hey Rude,

Done that festival many times.. Great time and great place. The Black river is so pretty and some great times to be had---- you will have your share of drunks on the river which can be fun and a hassle. Just be safe because the river patrol will be out in force---they hide in the woods and "sneak attack" people--they are really looking for under age drinkers and glass bottles.

Jakes Leg always puts on a great show been seeing them here in St.Louis every weekend for almost 30 plus years... They have a great guitar player... Vitamen A is also really good to---great energy.

The cons are the heat during this time of year--it can get very nasty with High Temps & high Humidity

Also have to watch for floods---we were there a few years ago and they came around camp around 2:30am and told people we might have to leave soon due to river rising---this is the last thing I wanted to hear after floating & drinking all day but we waited it out and it turned out to be ok

The people that run the camp ground are very cool too. Very laid back

Hope you have  a great time---I'm going to see Jakes Leg tonight & tomorrow night too... yahoo

Have fun & be safe

• Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Well waited too late. This place is booked along with everywhere else near. Seems like canoeing down the black river is the thing to do in mid August. Found a place 30 miles (1 hour away)..... that ain’t happening. Did find an Airbnb $500 a night that’s 10 minutes away but would have to pack it up. Not sure if the weekend b4 BM would make foot sense anyway. 

That's a bummer Rude-- specially since I told everybody at Bear Cat resort to look for a tall guy in a thong speedo who for some reason thinks it looks "hot" to put the potato in the back of the speedo not the front...dang it.  maybe next year can treat them all to the "show". going to be some very disappointed women this year.....        

• Forum MVP

Mike, theres way more advanced stuffing now than socks and potatoes. I use a large prosthetic Johnson in my banana hammock. Plus these are all the rage these days. I’ve been trying to get Ellie to sell dark star ones for the last year!! Only .99 plus 2.99 shipping on amazon. Get them while you can 

B74-B4-BD5-FD9-B-4024-8-FB4-73965-BB7485

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused (neutral) 1

• Forum MVP
20 hours ago, Dead duck said:

Next weekend is Louisville’s little dead fest on the river. No camping which sucks, but Hyryder Friday and Stu Allen is coming in to play with Born Cross Eyed Saturday. But many other bands. Mostly dead stuff. 

Attended Hyryder last night in Bloomington. Fun but no keys!!!! An issue I hope they resolve b4 next week in Louisville. Remember seeing pranksters late late night many times long time ago.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
On 7/20/2019 at 9:36 AM, 2muchfun said:

Attended Hyryder last night in Bloomington. Fun but no keys!!!! An issue I hope they resolve b4 next week in Louisville. Remember seeing pranksters late late night many times long time ago.

Wow so Scott wasn’t there? That’s rough losing keys and one of your most talented members. He is an organ guru. 

Think I’ve decided no more outdoor activities besides swimming until BM. This heat is fucking brutal. 97 with high humidity. Feels like a sauna. Last night went to an indoor show and went outside at 11pm and was 81 with 84% humidity. Water instantly condensed on your skin. In 5 seconds you had a coating of water on you. Said 88 heat index. There wasn’t a cloud in the sky all day and the humidity was that high. If it somehow cools down and the gf is off next weekend we could possibly go but all day music ain’t for me right now. 

• Forum MVP

Yes, There was no Scotty J.

Cryptic “We are all family and hope personal situation is resolved...but Scott is taking a short hiatus”.

Similar message on website

Will see what happens inLouisville Fri.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
On 7/26/2019 at 9:04 PM, Mango said:

Keys are a must. Unless you have a great pig guy who can do harmonica....but they're still a must.

I agree...glad to report Scott J was indeed back in Louisville. In fact Hyryder opened with Blow Away. Highlight was Midnight Hour which also had him on vocals 

• Forum MVP

Ellis Marsalis Trio

Snug Harbor

Aug 2, 2019

Jerome Kern “All the Things You Are”

Ellis Marsalis “ Orchid Blue”

“Sweet Georgia Brown” 

Johnny Mandela “For Emily” fr movie The Americanization of Emily”

Monk’s Mood -> the Flintstone’s theme

Ellis Marsalis “Syndrome”

The best part was my son’s appreciation for the evening’s music. 

• Forum MVP

Cosmic Charlie

Setlist - Raleigh NC 8/2/19

(acoustic)

Wharf Rat >
Dark Hollow
Dire Wolf
Cassidy
Lazy River Road
Truckin >
Don't Ease Me In

(electric)

Feel Like A Stranger
It Must Have Been The Roses 
Mr Charlie >
Ramble On Rose
Estimated Prophet >

Jam >
Drumspace >
China Cat Sunflower >
Days Between >
I Know You Rider

E: U.S. Blues > Black Muddy River

Good Warmup for BM.  Days Between was excellent ❤️😀 

• Like (+1) 4

Saw Grateful Shred for the first time last night.

I was really impressed.  Amazing vocals/harmonizing.  And they somehow stay true to the music while also having cultivated a total uniqueness...

I think they should/could more/better utilize/accentuate the 3 guitar thing in pursuit of a really beautiful thing they have that no one else really does.

They're worth checking out for sure.

• Like (+1) 4

• Forum MVP

Cosmic Charlie

Setlist Greensboro NC 8/3/19

(acoustic set)
Friend Of The Devil >
Queen Jane
Dupree's Diamond Blues
Operator
Uncle John's Band >
Bird Song >