A band I saw last night

Rude

• Forum MVP

Melvin has something going. He should make this line up permanent. Phish sucks. Their fans don’t respect people or music. I watched a dude touch my lady up hard through the crowd to have a him and a buddy. Wiggle finger clap about it. Got taught a real lesson in patience last night. But serious who celebrates sexual harassment with their buddy. That’s how gang rape happens. 

Phish sucks and their fans should stay out of beonkeys 

• Sad (neutral) 1

• Forum MVP
42 minutes ago, Mason's Child said:

Melvin has something going. He should make this line up permanent. Phish sucks. Their fans don’t respect people or music. I watched a dude touch my lady up hard through the crowd to have a him and a buddy. Wiggle finger clap about it. Got taught a real lesson in patience last night. But serious who celebrates sexual harassment with their buddy. That’s how gang rape happens. 

Going to see Melvin w/JK in Oct.

Never been to Phish...no regrets obviously 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, 2muchfun said:

Going to see Melvin w/JK in Oct.

Never been to Phish...no regrets obviously 

I enjoyed phish. Their light setup was off the charts. Sound quality fantastic too. Their sound wasn’t shitty like deadcos sound. It was like Dso quality on a larger scale. They have this insane snake lighting that creates an effect like the stage is turning side to side. Almost fell over twice literally. I still don’t see how deadco has such muddled sound. Of the 12 or so shows I always leave with a wtf is their board guy doing. Jrad also has sound that I’m not a fan of. It’s like if you use one of those live theater sound filters at home. It’s this hollow audience taps effect. I love what they do musically but the sound shouldn’t be fucked with like their board operator does. Dso puts out this crisp sound where the cymbals and high hats are crystal and JRAD goes so heavy midrange you can barely hear his high hats. That’s what made Betty boards so special. The cymbals were so clear it was like you were next to the drum kit. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

JRAD 

the met 

9/26/19

Scary woods intro-> 

LIG

Crazy Finger Til the Morning Comes Brother Esau ( Frampton reverb pedal) 

-Here comes ☀️ 

Atlantic City 

HSF

lost Saint 

TN Jed

Baby Blue 

face melting  

called crazy fingers during let it grow  💪🏼

Skips Bass on stage-

25DD3121-1F7B-4F30-B0A8-5025A0D47558.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
30 minutes ago, PoetryGirl said:

JRAD 

the met 

9/26/19

Scary woods intro-> 

LIG

Crazy Finger Til the Morning Comes Brother Esau ( Frampton reverb pedal) 

-Here comes ☀️ 

Atlantic City 

HSF

lost Saint 

TN Jed

Baby Blue 

face melting  

called crazy fingers during let it grow  💪🏼

Skips Bass on stage-

25DD3121-1F7B-4F30-B0A8-5025A0D47558.jpeg

Looks like you had a great time based on the half a setlist posted. The more songs forgot the better. Having to drive post show I was only missing 1 song 😂

Last time and first time I saw JRAD was at Penns Peak in May ....and didn’t like it.

a collegial forced a ticket on me last week

i struggled with the decision last night of driving into city, parking, work the next day....but I went.  And LOVED it. 

I’ve been back-mind singing Baby Blue all day....they celebrated playing Franklins tower with smoke and blowing confetti all over the audience. Apparently they took a hiatus from the Slip knot/help/FT trifecta and skipped the FT.. the people around loved it.

Now I wish I had a ticket for tonight.

have fun tonight J&J  

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Lost Frogs at VFW Post 350 in

Takoma Park, MD.

A 30 year reunion show of a 

band created by some college

friends many years ago.

Faces from the past gathered.

Franklin's, Cumberland, Shakedown

Dead highlights.

They mashed a Can't Always Get 

What You Want, and closed with

Long May You Run.

Quite a night among old friends.

Praise DSO.

• Forum MVP
On 9/27/2019 at 6:57 PM, LIkeEveryOne said:

Last time and first time I saw JRAD was at Penns Peak in May ....and didn’t like it.

a collegial forced a ticket on me last week

i struggled with the decision last night of driving into city, parking, work the next day....but I went.  And LOVED it. 

I’ve been back-mind singing Baby Blue all day....they celebrated playing Franklins tower with smoke and blowing confetti all over the audience. Apparently they took a hiatus from the Slip knot/help/FT trifecta and skipped the FT.. the people around loved it.

Now I wish I had a ticket for tonight.

have fun tonight J&J  

As a fan the more dead the better is my motto. JRAD is the easiest sold out ticket to get as so many New Yorkers buy 4 packs the second they go on sale and then dump them on CashorTrade when plans don’t come together. CashorTrade is the spot for JRAD, Panic and phish. Deadco tix just sit b/c no one wants to buy $250 face Tix 

• Forum MVP

Friday night JRAD Terrapin Suite was just lovely! I had the whole top tier in front of the bar to dance from 40 ft one end to the other without a sacrifice of sound as it turn downwards and back from the vaulted ceiling. 

Glad you had a good show. The crowd can be a little rough though. Glad for the crowd last night at the Anthem. It was packed but just a lovely space. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
On 8/29/2019 at 3:02 PM, Mason's Child said:

This is a crappy story and I’m sorry to hear it.

But Phish has a lot fans, and some of them are kynd people.

Stereotyping is rarely accurate.

Glad that you didn’t sink yourself to the level of someone who clearly doesn’t have respect for others.  That can be very difficult to deal with.

Peace, MC.

• Forum MVP

Last night’s JRAD show at the Anthem in total was my favorite of the 8 shows I’ve seen of theirs. BYW  Cream Puff War is the perfect DC song capturing the insanity of  what governmental issues seem to center upon. .

don’t get me wrong —— I had fun——- but not as much fun as with my dancing DSO peeps! You all know how to get down and have some dance party fun. 💕

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ardmore music hall, PA

Melvin Seals and JGB (JK on guitar)

10/16/2019

Set 1

Lonesome and a Long Way From Home

Love in the Afternoon

Stop That Train

After Midnight

Eleanor Rigby

Black Muddy River

Evangeline

Scarlet Begonias

Tangled up in Blue

Set 2

Merl's Tune

Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Ain't no Bread in the Breadbox

Russian Lullaby

Gotta Serve Somebody

My Sisters and Brothers

Deal

**Opening band was MoonAlice with the T-Sisters. Didn't know much about them only that Big Steve from the Dead rolls with them.  They were tight.  The T-Sisters were worth the price of admission, very easy on the eyes and had great melodies.  See for yourself

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Billy DeLyon said:

Ardmore music hall, PA

Melvin Seals and JGB (JK on guitar)

10/16/2019

Set 1

Lonesome and a Long Way From Home

Love in the Afternoon

Stop That Train

After Midnight

Eleanor Rigby

Black Muddy River

Evangeline

Scarlet Begonias

Tangled up in Blue

Set 2

Merl's Tune

Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Ain't no Bread in the Breadbox

Russian Lullaby

Gotta Serve Somebody

My Sisters and Brothers

Deal

**Opening band was MoonAlice with the T-Sisters. Didn't know much about them only that Big Steve from the Dead rolls with them.  They were tight.  The T-Sisters were worth the price of admission, very easy on the eyes and had great melodies.  See for yourself

That's a great setlist- in my hometown no less. Never hurts to have that Russian Lullaby in there...love in the afternoon...eleanor Rigby

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

10-25-19 JGB with John k. Killed it in Asheville tonight! This band still has the juice. The dear prudence was sublime. 

Road runner

Wonderful world

Struggling man

gammorah

Tore up

Birdsong

Proud Mary

Can't find my way home....

Cats down under the stars

Evangeline

Sitting here in limbo

You know you gotta Serve Somebody

Dear prudence

Sisters and brothers!!!!

Midnight moonlight

Packed house on a rainy, foggy, 50 degree Friday night. Ashevegas crowd did not dissapoint. Thank you band and crew. 

• Like (+1) 4

• Forum MVP

InDead Nation at the Still in Timonium, MD.

Three set Halloween Party, many dressed up, I did not.

Closed first set with Werewolves and keeping with the

JGB plays, got Midnight Moonlight and Tangled.

They crushed an Althea mid third set and closed 

with Brokedown>WBYGN.

Praise DSO.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
On 10/26/2019 at 5:05 AM, gr8fulpair said:

10-25-19 JGB with John k. Killed it in Asheville tonight! This band still has the juice. The dear prudence was sublime. 

Wonderful show with a C & K and Sue...interesting venue with lots of outside space along with tents and a large fire pit.  I hope to revisit this place for other shows.      " Can't find my way home...." was my favorite of the evening.  

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Like (+1) 1