NYE 2018-19 Monclair

Mario

Howdy friends! New member/poster here. Saw DSO most recently at Jubilee this summer.

Going to the New Year's shows in Montclair, to which I have never been. Recommendations on hotels or other good locations, helpful suggestions for the NYE shows in that town?

All wisdom and love are appreciated. Blessings to all.

• Forum MVP
8 hours ago, Mario said:

Howdy friends! New member/poster here. Saw DSO most recently at Jubilee this summer.

Going to the New Year's shows in Montclair, to which I have never been. Recommendations on hotels or other good locations, helpful suggestions for the NYE shows in that town?

All wisdom and love are appreciated. Blessings to all.

Hey man, and welcome. I believe the last few years NYE were in Philly. Not sure if they’ve ever played NYE here before. Although I’m sure if they’ve played there before someone will have some tips. Good luck and safe travels. 

Mario, i grew up on North Jersey.  Montclair is a small suburban town.  Not much more to say.   you'd probably need to look else where to find the pre show  "hang outs" depending on your age.    As DD mentioned the prior years NY shows were in Philly,  my current stomping grounds.   Why not come to philly too for the Pre-NY shows?    i did the 3 shows last year,   4 shows in a row for me could test my commitment.  Welcome to the board.    

• Forum MVP

If my memory serves me correctly they did a New Years show at the Welmount. There are plenty of great restaurants in Montclair, including Cuban Pete's right around the corner where alot of folks go pre-show. As far as hotels go there aren't any within walking distance. You may want to Airbnb it, but be aware Montclair is an affluent town so it's going to be pricey. If not you can get a good deal on the airport hotels at EWR. Probably a 20 dollar UBER from there. Welcome to the playground. Peace.  

• Forum MVP

For a southerner we’d just say the New Years shows are in NYC. It’s 15 miles from Manhattan so that’s still the city to me. It’s like Gr8tfulpair. He says he’s from Charlotte but is technically further away from Charlotte than wellmont is from Manhattan. I hate the cost of nyc and getting around but think Dso shows followed by a jazz club in the city could be fun even though I hate cold weather. Miami seems much more fun this time of year. The thought of cold weather drops my spirits significantly. My oh my. 

• Forum MVP

Yes, cold weather sucks, but I blew off Electric Factory because of it last NYE and have been regretting that all year. The first time I missed DSO in Philly, I think, ever. That messed up my rhythm. That sucks more. I won’t let that happen again. Just one night, though. No hotel room. I get to buy a wedding for my daughter this year. 

• Forum MVP

Tour for 2 has been breaking the bank this year. I got the “think how fun it would be to party in the city after the shows on New Years” this morning. I’m like let’s just get a private jet and limo everywhere...... Alresdy doing northeast for JRAD after the Dso fall  Midwest shows.  Going into Eagles territory sort of grosses me out. Ewww. 

• Forum MVP

The eagles got very lucky that they had the hapless falcons because the eagles didn’t look any better. The cowboys couldn’t make a block all game. It was pathetic. U can blame Dak if that’s how you saw that game.

I apparently did not check the geography well enough. Was not really trying to do NYC on New year's. Was more hoping to be able to stop some strangers just to shake their hands but if it's NYC I'm afraid everyone will be scattered. Or hotels where travelers gather, that kinda thing. Oteil Burbridge has his shows in Brooklyn on NYE and i was avoiding those for same reasons. Didn't want a NYC thing. 

Montclair is like the country compared to New Yor city....rude was generalizing that the whole NYE runs are basically NY to southerners. But Montclair is not NYC at all. It’s a nice little town 

And let’s keep that NFC east talk to sports section. I see a giants win and eagles win this week. Unless Fitzpatrick has a hall of fame game 2 again. Just saying.

Dak looked terrible but I wasn’t gonna get into all that, and The cowboys and dak aren’t my problem.  I hope he plays just as bad against the giants. Which I’m betting he will. And don’t Get nasty with me MC!!!!! The sports section was created for this trash talk. Hahaha

Archived