Pacific NW '73/'74 Box Set - check out this image!

John A

• Forum MVP

I took this photo from the booklet. Hope it's readable.  Minutes from a band meeting in January '74.  Just awesome on many levels.

If you need more money, then just tell us honestly. The Advance Man!  Bear on salary, no review. $27,500 for the Seastones "computer".  And more...

Oh, and the music is unsurprisingly incredible with stunning sound to match.

91775798_1974bandmeeting.jpg.cb4a38373c92e8a2cc8efc26fdae7632.jpg

You Know Better

MAYER.jpeg.1f544b609aec85acacbb445177d9aa4b.jpeg

But I know Him

th-5.jpeg.4c68a433644188a5877a760720401e9e.jpeg

He's Gone😪

The Box Set Is Absolutely Incredible. A Must Have. I Am Totally Blown Away.

• Forum MVP

As I have stated before, I am a sucker

for these box sets.

The accompanying books provide an

informative snapshot of logistics and

local reactions to the shows.

Spent yesterday burning the music into

my library, chasing artwork (Which is

amazing in this box), and reading the book.

Good times.

Praise DSO.

• Forum MVP

The booklet is a great read so far- I am excited to delve into an excellent recording of one of Phil’s most heralded solos. I was just enjoying the 10-18-72 Dark Star where Phil really has a commanding presence. I love these perspectives the musical journey gives us about the evolution and mythos of the Dead. Like the inspiration for Terrapin station from the poetry of Gary Snyder. A Choctaw friend had long ago told me the Native Americans call our home Turtle Island. 

So in this line of appreciation for archivists- happy Birthday to our resident band archivist.

• Forum MVP

I opened up the He's Gone->Truckin' from '73 Vancouver on the big stereo last night.  Holy shit.  How these recordings can sound so open, nuanced and powerful is ridiculous.  That jam after Truckin', complete with epic Phil solo, is about as deep into the Grateful Dead's core as you can travel.  The sleeper element may be Weir, who sounds off the charts good.

Archived