I don’t want to know the show!

• Forum MVP

This place to gather and meet to talk is a treasure.  It deserves to be respected as that gift and not trashed and degenerated into lower energies. My initial post intention was to elevate the conversation above any personal attacks, judgements and reactions that seemed extreme and disturbed me. 

I don't appreciate at all being judged and mocked out of experiences that have nothing to do with me.  I still haven't responded to the last one.   I am sorry if my intentional and /or unintentional actions triggered any suffering. I was sincere in wishing Steph the best.

Stephanie,  I have enjoyed reading  your posts over the years. I hope your  world becomes an expression of your heart's desires. That is my wish for everyone, actually.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TEA 

i’m Listening to your favorite

1977-05-22 .  SUPER DEAD!

it looks like DSO did the show in 2015 Feb 20 @ Fillmore in charlotte but no recordings on Relisten. :( 

Anyone have anything ?

Also SVT : mission in the rain keeps running thru my head at random times .

they didn’t seem to play it a lot but it’s special 

• Forum MVP
5 hours ago, LIkeEveryOne said:

TEA 

i’m Listening to your favorite

1977-05-22 .  SUPER DEAD!

it looks like DSO did the show in 2015 Feb 20 @ Fillmore in charlotte but no recordings on Relisten. :( 

Anyone have anything ?

I've got really great memories of that show I'd be happy to share. I'll even go into some graphic detail on all the types of furniture Tea was moving around during his dance. Let's see, there was a credenza, an ottoman, an amoire....

• Forum MVP
21 minutes ago, LIkeEveryOne said:

Share brother 

Set One: The Music Never Stopped ; Sugaree ; El Paso ; Peggy-O ; New Minglewood Blues ; Friend Of The Devil ; Lazy Lightnin' > Supplication ; Ramble On Rose ; Dancing In The Street 

Set Two: Help On The Way > Slipknot! > Franklin's Tower ; Samson And Delilah ; Brown Eyed Women ; Good Lovin' ; Sunrise ; Estimated Prophet > Eyes Of The World > Space > Wharf Rat > Terrapin Station > Morning Dew 

Encore Sugar Magnolia 

Welp, that's all my good memories. Plus a blurry whirling dervish of a hoe down with some awesome sweaty people.

• Forum MVP

I loved mango tongue in cheek introduction. So I feel obligated to say that I’m in the 2 percent thus my opinion doesn’t mean dick. 

This was a great topic to introduce. Thank you Steph. Many a times in private I’ve shared thoughts on this

I am with Steph that I prefer that they don’t announce the shows. However I must say that the faithful and I consider myself one of those are going to go see DSO no matter what. Announce the show. Don’t announce show. Play an elective. It really doesn’t matter any time DSO plays they can take you to magic space. 

I would say Steph that you may want to try to make your comments grounded a little bit more in respectful discourse. Sometimes derogatory words and less than civil discourse makes people on the defensive. Matt points out that Stout was respectful whereas Rude was not. I would contend that Steph wasn’t totally respectful from the start. 

I also have have to agree that they haven’t preannounced too many shows here. I’m not huge on the hints but I’ve always kind of felt like regionally they lay down some regional recreations. Tipping the hand may help get people in the seats. I want to see this grow. Dso has the light. It needs to be shared. The psychedelic ritual that was the GD is now best found in the DSO experience. I think preannouncing the July red rocks shows helped sell the place out. I may be wrong. That was triumphant experience for us. The core fans. The faithful got to see our band accomplish something spectacular and they didn’t disappoint. 

I want to be clear. I prefer no preannounced shows. However I’m already sold and will continue to make it to as many of these shows as I can. It fills my soul. 

Love is real

• Forum MVP
18 minutes ago, Mason's Child said:

The psychedelic ritual that was the GD is now best found in the DSO experience. I think preannouncing the July red rocks shows helped sell the place out. I may be wrong. That was triumphant experience for us. The core fans. The faithful got to see our band accomplish something spectacular and they didn’t disappoint. 

I want to be clear. I prefer no preannounced shows. However I’m already sold and will continue to make it to as many of these shows as I can. It fills my soul. 

Love is real

That triumphant feeling was indeed palatable to those who use the word "our".

Not Fade Away

• Forum MVP
13 hours ago, gr8fulpair said:

Set One: The Music Never Stopped ; Sugaree ; El Paso ; Peggy-O ; New Minglewood Blues ; Friend Of The Devil ; Lazy Lightnin' > Supplication ; Ramble On Rose ; Dancing In The Street 

Set Two: Help On The Way > Slipknot! > Franklin's Tower ; Samson And Delilah ; Brown Eyed Women ; Good Lovin' ; Sunrise ; Estimated Prophet > Eyes Of The World > Space > Wharf Rat > Terrapin Station > Morning Dew 

Encore Sugar Magnolia 

Welp, that's all my good memories. Plus a blurry whirling dervish of a hoe down with some awesome sweaty people.

Greatest 2nd set ever imo. It has sooo many monsters all back to back and that doesn’t even count starting with HSF. Estimated>eyes alone is usually your big 2nd set duo then wharf rat terrapin dew. That’s a doozie. It’s like let’s try to play all our big 2nd set numbers in a row. That is the only dead set that I can list the songs straight through in set 2 off the top of my head. 

• Forum MVP
52 minutes ago, Rude said:

Greatest 2nd set ever imo. It has sooo many monsters all back to back and that doesn’t even count starting with HSF. Estimated>eyes alone is usually your big 2nd set duo then wharf rat terrapin dew. That’s a doozie. It’s like let’s try to play all our big 2nd set numbers in a row. That is the only dead set that I can list the songs straight through in set 2 off the top of my head. 

11/17/73 is pretty stout

Row Jimmy, Jack Straw, Ramble On Rose, Playin' In The Band-> Uncle John's Band-> Morning Dew-> Uncle John's Band-> Playin' In The Band, Stella Blue, El Paso, Eyes Of The World-> Sugar Magnolia, E: Casey Jones

• Forum MVP

I consider the 2nd set monsters to be  songs that go 10+ minutes with various acts, psychsdelic, and many will lead into a D/S or monster set closer. HSF, estimated, eyes, terrapin, wharf rat and dew all are in that category. The show is really only lacking playin, and Scarlett fire from having all the late 70s monsters. There was a 1st set music and dancin. I don’t really put music into that category even though it can be long and big with much psychedelia but it’s more of a show starter or 1st set ender, but dancin is definitely a “monster”. If you start at dancin to end set 1 and added it to set 2, you would hands down have the most insane set. The sunrise provided a nice reprieve to catch our breaths with a Sampson, brown eyed woman and good lovin’ as an upbeat fun, light subject matter block in the middle. It’s just a perfectly crafted show.  At that point it was the favorite Dso show id ever attended. And live nation didn’t pull that curtain nonsense that show and stress us the fuck out. What’s funny at any other show, you wouldn’t see a mass break for the back of the venue when they opened it up and no one would be complaining about the curtain, but with deadheads when that sucker opened there was a mass exodus to the back of the venue. I love my tribe!!!!! Also fuck security guards who are like u are standing on the tape. You need to have your feet completely inside the taped in area. Who really likes their part time job that much to hassle people for 4 hours. That seems like the worst job ever unless you love the “authority”. 

4 hours ago, Rude said:

Welp, that's all my good memories. Plus a blurry whirling dervish of a hoe down with some awesome sweaty people.

It's not how I look at women or speak, but I read this as...

Plus a blurry whirling dervish of a hoe,

down with some awesome sweaty people. 

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, cnjBrian said:

It's not how I look at women or speak, but I read this as...

Plus a blurry whirling dervish of a hoe,

down with some awesome sweaty people. 

And your alternate perspective is one of the many lovable things about you buddy. 

In this case however you were the only one who read it right. We were so sweaty we could only attract the hoes.... 🤣

• Forum MVP
15 minutes ago, LIkeEveryOne said:

The 77-05-22 wharf rat drifts right into the middle of TP @ Inspitation move me brightly.... 

fabbbuulous!! 

It’s all gravy 😀

There are a more than a few best ever Sugarees - this one is right there with a photo finish

• Forum MVP

Silence is consent. I do not consent to having shows hinted for almost half the tour, and I don’t consent to more and more specific announcements and now that they have started hinting AND announcing more than one show a year, I have to say

no.

No. 

NO!

but, it has never made a difference as to which show I attend and never will. 

And my opinion makes no difference.

but the flame still burns.................

glad and I could let everyone know that I am not the naive little silly unicorn and rainbows child that I once was. Y’all showed me just how dark the sunny side of the street can be, and now I am no longer a spoiled brat. I have opinions, and am willing to fight and die, even LIVE, for what I believe supports truth and moral justice in this world. Using the announcement thing to exaggerate my anger is a facade because I miss you guys and girls and I wanted to stir the pot a bit, as I have not been around in person. As we have all talked about this subject, and agree, in private, I felt it was time to be very loud and ridiculous about how completely evil and wrong these announcements are. Do you fucking get my drift, yet?

i wasn’t trying to insult anyone except Rude, after he insulted me and fabricated lies about me, cause he deserves it, but I never insulted DSO or anyone else and if u think I did, you took me wrong. 

I wrote my post dramatically bc this preannouncement shit is fucked up.

but considering how actually completely fucked pretty much everything in the world is, I’m not so jaded or egocentric as to think that DSO making an announcement about a show will change a single goddamn thing about the world. 

But DSO is one of my most treasured experiences in this lifetime, and the wealth of love you all have imbued in my heart is a gift that I will never let fade away. One of the things that makes DSO so special is the surprise and the guessing and the giving each other shit for knowing or not knowing. It’s a good fucking time.

some of this essence is both stolen and cheapened by the increasingly common preannouncement and these new hints.

also, it makes it look like they care more about filling seats with old rich people trying to re-create their past. And I came to DSO as a young person, as the kids that dance and shake their bones did with the Dead, and me and my dirty street and woods kid friends aren’t too concerned with online announcements bc we don’t internet very often, but, with more people, especially more old rich people, sometimes it feels like a Canned Party, as the surviving dead members live off of, instead of the

real right now Dead that IS DSO. Be DSO. Don’t try to be

Phiddle? Cause, yeah, THAT is a thing now (fucking EW!)

take the hints away. Only announce a show or two a year. Otherwise, unicorns cry. 

Thats it. Really simple.

Hope we make it in November, the days are still dark and we are still broken, summer only deepened the despair and left little hopes. But we just got some cool 3D printers to play with, and my embroidery machine is coming home, and I still wanna make us some cute lil name badges or something (w the printer we can do a stash box or something lol) w our forums names. I won’t presume to try and get addresses, but I will bring em to the shows I can and get em to y’all. 

Even you, Rude, you get a badge, too.

yall that take the internet all serious should, um, I dunno, meditate, or smoke a joint, or something, Jesus fucking Christ.

kiss kiss

I've read very little of this post but Steph was 100% correct about the blurbing out of show date...if you know it, super dooper...keep it to yourself...if someone tells you, keep it to yourself....I've been lucky enough to see a lot of shows and find the intrigue a lot of fun...don't ruin it for the ones who want to give it a whirl...love you Steph!!!

.....and for the record...not a fan of band announcing show either....but, it's their gig and if it helps them somehow, God bless em....as Herdy once said....

• Forum MVP

I stand with Steph on this issue ...  I always enjoyed trying to figure what show they were recreating  , was extra special when i realized it was a show I was at  ... hope you are all doing well  :) 

Archived