Red Rocks 2019

PoetryGirl

• Forum MVP
15 hours ago, gr8fulpair said:

To be fair IBro, if your gonna get down with Tea, leave the box cutter at home and bring a back belt and a fridge dolly. 😂 You two will attract quite a crowd throwing down together. Can't wait to get in the middle of that!

Well, gr8ful,,this year at red rocks there were many moments when your dancing energy picked me right up out of a slight slump and back into the game at full throttle. That helped a lot!!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Island Bro said:

Well, gr8ful,,this year at red rocks there were many moments when your dancing energy picked me right up out of a slight slump and back into the game at full throttle. That helped a lot!!

And don't think for one second you didn't do the same for me brother. Absolutely the joy in dancing with friends!! 

• Forum MVP

Gotta buy the 3-show package to get tix but with boulder theater only holding around 1k and redrocks 9800, I’d suggest getting them sooner than later. You should be able to get rid of boulder theater tix on CashorTrade no problem if you cant attend one of the nights as they will definitely be sold out. Based on VIP tix for redrocks sold out within an hour, I’d guess the boulder shows are probably half sold by now. Last year there were thousands of out of towners at redrocks. This year with connectors, I’d guess the boulder theater tix will be hard as hell to find later on. 

1 hour ago, Mango said:

No way of knowing if i can actually make it but i bought my three night pass!!

Haha same thing here buddy. But I’m leaning toward making sure I get there this year. More incentive to get there already having the 3 day pass....TOOTT!!!!!!

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, cbtrtbum said:

Do you all think that they Boulder setlists will be Redrocks 9/6-7/83 or do you think they will mix it up?

Doubtful......given the Redrocks setlist, I would guess that the Boulder shows will include at least one elective, and perhaps a chunky 70's show.

Just a guess.....

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, izaacb said:

Pulled the trigger on tickets...taking my father, who saw Jerry & the Grateful Dead 200-something times but never (and still hasn't) made it to Red Rocks. Should be a great weekend!

By RR you’ll no longer be a newbie.

I’d like you to consider somewhere between rows 20-25 center. Maybe we can get a forum gathering.  A bit early to start that process, so squirrel it away. Hopefully c u there 

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

So I’m booking stuff out there this weekend. Hoteling for Boulder shows and camping for red rocks. Was wondering which campground people use when doing RR. As far as I can tell bear creek lake seems to be the closest one at about 5 miles away. 

• 4 months later...
  • Forum MVP

Ordered 3 day tickets today, looking for cheap airfare, apprehensive about having to get tickets at will call for each show, esp with GA. Psyched to party and celebrate with friends in Colorado! 9/8/83 was my second show, 9/7 being the first and 4/6/84 Las Vegas being the third. Going to be a great weekend, thanks DSO for making it happen!

On 9/27/2018 at 9:53 AM, LIkeEveryOne said:

Ashley

presale package only 

no individual tickets yet 

Does anyone know if the Boulder Theater tickets will go on sale for single might only?  Going to all 3, but have a buddy in Boulder who only wants to go to one concert.  Thanks!

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, jeffreybload said:

Does anyone know if the Boulder Theater tickets will go on sale for single might only?  Going to all 3, but have a buddy in Boulder who only wants to go to one concert.  Thanks!

Convince him that three night runs are the best!!!

• Forum MVP
18 hours ago, BillK522 said:

Not of fan of not having

tickets in hand.

Praise DSO.

Less a fan of paying $15 for a hard ticket. I kmow it’s tough for you old timers to adapt to modern tech like MS-DOS and the like, but when all you have to do is from your C prompt is type /cd to change the directory to find your tickets then a cd :/temp command to look in your temp folder, you are just wasteful getting a hard ticket. Some people will never adapt it seems. 

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, Rude said:

Less a fan of paying $15 for a hard ticket. I kmow it’s tough for you old timers to adapt to modern tech like MS-DOS and the like, but when all you have to do is from your C prompt is type /cd to change the directory to find your tickets then a cd :/temp command to look in your temp folder, you are just wasteful getting a hard ticket. Some people will never adapt it seems. 

Without a hard ticket, what do I put in my big Oriole

cup of tickets, my cell phone?

And what exactly is a AXS flash seat anyway?

You have to remember my friend, I grew up on

postal money orders and envelopes to GDTS.

I don't like change.

Praise DSO.

• Forum MVP

I hear ya. Old school isn’t all bad. I run my business (it’s a small one) with a legal pad on a clip board. I do use ink. My kids are all like, get this app, click on this, download this. I just look at them like they’re martians. 

Remember when you had to call the hotline forever until they announced tour. You only got a tape if you knew someone. It was hard to get a tape collection started. You really did trade to get your music built up. Set lists weren’t announced anywhere. 

• Band Member

The new electronic tickets policies suck all around.  I am going to my 3rd Finals game of the series with the potential to win it all for the first time and have screenshots to show for it.  Boo!!!!!!

Archived