Red Rocks 2019

PoetryGirl

I would happily pay the outrageous `service fees' directly to bands through fanclubs or something in exchange for real beautiful custom tickets, mailed or willcall.

As it stands, I just get to complain while unnecessary 3rd parties make bank doing literally nothing.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
59 minutes ago, Mango said:

Just more of the already rich using their power to stay/get richer...the only way this changes is through evolution of consciousness, down to the micro level of you and me. 

As long as people covet the 'reward' of wealth and power, they have no incentive to evolve.  They evolve to try and protect the status-quo.

• Forum MVP

What’s nuts is that live nation is or at least was bleeding money because of venue acquisition and licensing rights. So us paying $19 on a $25 ticket doesn’t even make them break even. Expand at all costs, borrow, suck the money out, file bankruptcy, then sell off the pieces. The principals already sucked out their money while small investors take the hit. 

• Forum MVP
58 minutes ago, Rude said:

What’s nuts is that live nation is or at least was bleeding money because of venue acquisition and licensing rights. So us paying $19 on a $25 ticket doesn’t even make them break even. Expand at all costs, borrow, suck the money out, file bankruptcy, then sell off the pieces. The principals already sucked out their money while small investors take the hit. 

Rude is a private-equity savant with lead-pipe cruelty and ruthlessness.  How do you think he affords tour?  He's fueled by the blood of his adversaries.... 

• Forum MVP

Just because I see bargains and borrow against the equity, then pay myself a huge salary after I slowly sell off the profitable parts of the company, doesn’t make me cruel. It means I’m smart. Geeze. I’m helping these employees move on to better pastures. 

Unfortunately to be a corporate raider, you need to work a lot, and that doesn’t seem fun so my spurs have been hung up. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

So I’ve never been to a legal state before and so I figured I’d try to gather some intel as to what to expect security wise. 

Is it just a Free for all? 

Still gotta go thru metal wands or scanners? 

Best to just go edibles? 

My little cuz went to Folsom Field Dead and co and said it was the most strict security he’s ever been thru. Made you take lighters or cigarette packs back to your car. Which makes zero since to me at an outdoor stadium in a legal state. Any input is much appreciated 

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Mango said:

Vape pens often fly. Smoking cigarettes should be made illegal in all public places. 

Now there’s a slippery slope as in

smoking AND vaping are inseparably banned in most cases including RR.

• Forum MVP

I can’t agree with that statement mango. We need less regulation and more understanding The guy standing alone in the park. No one within 50 feet of him shouldn’t be banned from smoking anything. Crack included. We are over regulated and under educated. The nature of unnecessary laws makes people want to break them with reckless disregard for others. Teaching and educating people to be kind and courteous allows us to live in harmony. Your law also unnecessarily prejudices the poorest of the poor as they are always in the public space. They sleep in a public space. I don’t want you smoking around my kids but I don’t want to control what you do in your own space whether it’s public or private. 

• Forum MVP

I agree that we need less regulation and better education and understanding but I'm concerned about those things that can quickly become an harmful habit. Is there a way to semi-protect the young that don't yet know better but yet allow freedom of choice for those that can control their own life without doing harmful things to others? I don't have an answer but all of society should take a look at the situation in a better light.

And in the next few years if we don't turn our government around we will not be allowed to drink coffee in the office. There will be a small shed out back of the building where the drinkers of java will have to hide out. Essentially all of the coffee beans come from overseas where the workers are different from the powers at the top. A 75% tariff is planned to be announced in 2021. Only people between the ages of 23 to 55 will be allowed to have a hot cup...and then only if you have a productive job where the extra kick can up your output.  Meanwhile, I think I'll go into the kitchen, grind some good freshly roasted Costa Rican La Mintaita beans that I get from Grant at the Kaffeeklatsch, and brew up a cup in the French Press.

Peace and Love,

Doc  

• Forum MVP

The more time I spend on this planet, the more the saying ‘live and let live’ makes sense to me. Exceptions to that are if someone is harming themselves or others. 

At that point, compassion and knowledge work wonders for positive growth. Life is an ongoing beautification process. The change, if needed, starts with the world within our reach. 

That, along with going back to the moon, mounting speakers facing the Earth, and blaring Grateful Dead music, nonstop,  24/7 would make this world such a better place.

Let there be songs, to fill the air....

• Forum MVP

I agree that consideration for others is way better than law. It is severely lacking though, and as a consequence i have to breath in smoke. It's a terrible scam- this cigarette business- it's one thing to make the choice to poison yourself but super uncool to smoke in close proximity to others. 

• Forum MVP

I’m a non(tobacco) smoker. I hardly ever find myself annoyed by cigarette smoke outdoors. However there was a dude behind me at Black Mountain with a big ass stogie that smelled like rotten butthole that knocked me out of my happy place a couple times. 

18 minutes ago, Mango said:

I agree that consideration for others is way better than law. It is severely lacking though, and as a consequence i have to breath in smoke. It's a terrible scam- this cigarette business- it's one thing to make the choice to poison yourself but super uncool to smoke in close proximity to others. 

I think many people who smoke tobacco just don't realize how offensive tobacco smoke is to non smokers in an outdoor environment. As an ex smoker, I used to light up whenever and wherever outdoors, now realize how gross and offensive it was to many innocent bystanders. On the up side, excited for these shows coming up!!!

• Forum MVP
2 minutes ago, LIkeEveryOne said:

Has anyone been to the boulder venue?-

whats it like? 

Beautiful! Amazing!! A favorite !!

good sound, nice dance space. Seating upstairs. Art Deco theater with flat areas to dance on floor level. Great after show pizza across from city hall. 

• Forum MVP
On 8/23/2019 at 7:22 AM, Greg from Chestertown said:

I believe that it’s still no smoking in public. 

Redrocks allows all smoking as long as you do it on the steps. It’s a free for all. Just don’t sit on a bench in retail areas and fire it up but u can do what you want pretty much. Worst thing that happens is you get warned. 

Oh and doc, outside is free air.if I wanna smoke a cig peeps can deal. I won’t blow it in their face but sorry if you can smell it 10 feet away. I don’t want to smell McDonald’s burgers, car smoke, BO either. 

Archived