Red Rocks 2019

PoetryGirl

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

No red rocks for me. My range is about a hundred miles from home, a couple hour drive. I have this theory. If you sit still, they will come to you. Granted, the tour bus has never been parked out front of my house but a couple hour drive gets me a half dozen shows a year, if I have the time and money to spare. 

• Forum MVP
23 minutes ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

.... My range is about a hundred miles from home, a couple hour drive..... 

I'm tht way too but extend the range to a couple hundred miles, or farther for special shows like the Ohio Jubliee and Springfield.   Albany, New York is a train ride other than car and I'll go that far just to take my older brother to a show.  I don't want to fly anymore. I'm taking my father's advice who was on seven flights in a row that went bad The last one having flames coming out of the engine the whole length of the plane. But if I left today I might be able to drive to Red Rocks in time for the show....As some of you know I drive slow.

Peace and love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

Red rocks is fortunately a hometown show for me. We live 15 minutes away maybe 20. 

However this is is a special show. RR is one of America’s live music Mecca’s. I’m sure we can all name a few others. Definitely worth the trip. If you got the time and the dime. 

• Forum MVP

One of America’s Mecca’s, The Ryman, is one of my least favorite venues to see live music. Saw Panic Sunday accoustic and you are scrunched into a church pew with the least amount of room to move at any venue or do like me and go to the balcony and groove and get constantly hassled by security to go to a seat and get no sound or sight. 

• Forum MVP

Mount Sanitas is a nice casual hike with good returns. Hop on along Sunshine Canyon Drive, just above Boulder. However the Flat Irons are epic. If you hike to the arch, be prepared to have noodles for legs that night. Truly a staircase to heaven. 

BTW, went to school with a crazy, "live on the edge" kinda guy who use to free climb  some of those formations. I'll post a picture later. 

13 hours ago, stillrockinout said:

Fellow Hikers, don’t forget about the thin air out there. .........

Good point ! 

Why anyone would extreme hike i can't imagine . 

Flat Irons from Gregory Canyon on the list..and South Arapahoe peak .... enough of this hiking BS,  let's get back to the show.   

...echoing  MDW: safe travels. 

see some of you friday. 

Archived