New DSO Downloads now avail via Nugs.net

robeatondso

• Forum MVP

Hello All,

I have finally worked hard enough to be current with our DSO live downloads. As you all know I only do Original set lists with the exception of big shows. I don't have the time to do them all but I feel very strongly personally that it's our original set lists where we are at our best (sometimes our worst) but it's the not knowing or not having a way to do something that I think is more fulfilling. I can just play as I feel and that to me is what it's all about. At any rate here are 18 shows going back to the May tour finishing in Black Mountain that I hope you will all enjoy.

They are not always perfect but quite frankly who is.. Betty is my inspiration!!!!

Peace

Rob Eaton

Here is a list of the shows avail now on Nugs:

5/10/18 Boston

5/11/18 Port Chester

5/14/18 Princeton

5/18/18 Westbury

5/25/18 Jubilee

5/26/18 Jubilee

5/27/18 Jubilee

5/27/18 DSO W/Melvin Seals Jubilee

6/22/18 San Diego

6/24/18 Carmel by the Sea

6/29/18 Berkeley

7/27/18 Hampton Beach

8/2/18 Buffalo

8/3/18 Rochester

8/8/18 Ridgefield

8/10/18 Coney Island

8/13/18 Dewey Beach

8/18/18 Black Mountain

• Forum MVP

Nice! Thanks! I’ve been waiting to hear the acoustic Carmel show, just love the set list, oh, and Dewey. The coupling up of songs that have never been done before. Pretty work, keeping the pioneering spirit of this music moving forward with the original set lists. 

• Forum MVP
12 hours ago, robeatondso said:

I’m no judge what is good or bad... they are all children with their own personality. 😉

I know, RIGHT!?!  It's amazing how different they can be even though they're from the same parents!  I love the angry, moody one the most.  Shhhhhhh……...don't tell :blink:

• Forum MVP

My boy has been begging to hear the black mountain show again. That’s a for sure snag. Also he usually avoids outdoor shows because he has a thing about bad weather, but the first thing he said when I told him I bought tix for Colorado was “that’s not going to affect us going back to black mountain is it? Because I reeeeally wanna go back” 

• Forum MVP
59 minutes ago, Dead duck said:

My boy has been begging to hear the black mountain show again. That’s a for sure snag. Also he usually avoids outdoor shows because he has a thing about bad weather, but the first thing he said when I told him I bought tix for Colorado was “that’s not going to affect us going back to black mountain is it? Because I reeeeally wanna go back” 

And your answer was .........

Haha, we'll look forward to your return Duck!!

• Forum MVP
Just now, gr8fulpair said:

And your answer was .........

Haha, we'll look forward to your return Duck!!

Well I told him we’d have to see how much Gettin to Colorado ends up costing and he countered with

”come on, it’s not often I ask to go to an outdoor show”

And I’m a sucker for any logic that gets me to more shows. Especially Down Your guys way. Beautiful country down there. 

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, Dead duck said:

Well I told him we’d have to see how much Gettin to Colorado ends up costing and he countered with

”come on, it’s not often I ask to go to an outdoor show”

And I’m a sucker for any logic that gets me to more shows. Especially Down Your guys way. Beautiful country down there. 

Denver is a cheap southwest direct flight. Just get a Chase southwest card.  They are offering 50k free points($1k flight value) and that will get you 2-4 RT tix to Denver ;).  If you pop the 6am stay up all night and the plane home is your hotel, those are like 5000 pts. 

Now getting back to black mountain won’t be affected :)  And BM is before redrocks so you won’t even know how much you are going to go over budget yet in Colorado. 

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Rude said:

Denver is a cheap southwest direct flight. Just get a Chase southwest card.  They are offering 50k free points($1k flight value) and that will get you 2-4 RT tix to Denver ;).  If you pop the 6am stay up all night and the plane home is your hotel, those are like 5000 pts. 

Now getting back to black mountain won’t be affected :)  And BM is before redrocks so you won’t even know how much you are going to go over budget yet in Colorado. 

HOF post.

I only do Original set lists with the exception of big shows. I don't have the time to do them all but I feel very strongly personally that it's our original set lists where we are at our best

Rob, Thanks for catching us up with all these shows.  Wondering what qualifies as a BIG SHOW?  Have seen DSO play original sets and GD shows. Being in the audience, they are an equal treat due to not knowing the set, so I get your perspective that it's more enjoyable when the band doesn't quite know what's coming next.

Was hoping to see the Tropicana 08-09-18 show up on Nugs. Felt that was a 'big' show. Sold out and the sound system was quite excellent. This combo could provide a stellar recording that would be considered for a upload. 

A tip o' the hat to all in the band for getting better and better at what you're doing.

• Forum MVP

Yes, AC was a big show, for me, also. I loved all of the few shows I caught so far this year. First night Dewey, Jerry band in Baltimore, Wilmington, De., Great celebrations. Kinda funny, what makes a big show? The one I caught. AC was one of the best DSO experiences for me. The best for me? The Birchmere theatre, acoustic, celebrating 1,000 shows. I was standing at the end of the stage, looking across the front of the stage, four vocalists in a row singing attics of my life. 

• Forum MVP
7 hours ago, UrbanSurfer said:

Rob, Thanks for catching us up with all these shows.  Wondering what qualifies as a BIG SHOW?  Have seen DSO play original sets and GD shows. Being in the audience, they are an equal treat due to not knowing the set, so I get your perspective that it's more enjoyable when the band doesn't quite know what's coming next.

Was hoping to see the Tropicana 08-09-18 show up on Nugs. Felt that was a 'big' show. Sold out and the sound system was quite excellent. This combo could provide a stellar recording that would be considered for a upload. 

A tip o' the hat to all in the band for getting better and better at what you're doing.

Sound system has very little effect on board quality. One of my fav boards quality wise was Louisville 2 years ago and that’s one of worst sounding venues that Dso plays imo. 

I think Rob meant events like jubilee where he will post recreations or a venue like the anthem in DC with over 3-4K people in attendance. 

• Forum MVP
23 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

What is your favorite West Coast show from the available shows?

I wasn’t in a great head space on that run. My physical condition affected the music too. It’s a lot different when sitting. It’s hsrder for me to connect with the flow of the music. That said I liked the outdoor venues the best because the weather just adds to everything. Carmel was cool. We went up in the balcony where I could sit and she could dance. Also got a few 1st timers. That was fun. But I really couldn’t tell you musically if any was better than any other as it’s so subjective and I couldn’t get out of the way of my thoughts to really enjoy. When dancing hard it takes all you got just to stay on your feet which allows the music flow freely into your brain with no mental blocks. 

I suggest just get them all then send me a Dropbox link ;)

Archived