New DSO Downloads now avail via Nugs.net

robeatondso

Thanks Rob.

I try hard not to exaggerate how good something is but.... buy/download/listen to Foolish Heart from Hampton Beach 7/27/18.  I honestly think it was the best Foolish Heart ever played in the entire history of the planet!!! Its that good!!!  (And I've just listened to pretty much all of the highly rated GD versions for comparison.) The whole band is so tight and pushed it to the full potential of that song.  Listening to it all I am left thinking is "yes, that is how good music can be and how great good music can make you feel".

The sound live was one of those rare moments where everything is just exactly perfect.  From the band, Jeff's tone, Cotter, everything... 

Music filled the air and the music played the band.

Foolish Heart. 7/27/18. 2nd jam.

• 4 months later...
On 2/6/2019 at 12:38 PM, t.bell said:

With Winter Tour starting this week, guess we won't be seeing any of the Fall/NewYear's/Jamaica shows on nugs anytime soon... :(

I just checked on Nugs and there are actually some new shows from Fall Tour up there: 9/27, 9/28, 10/1, 10/5, 10/10, 10/11, and 11/9. Hopefully that means more on the way soon, I've been itching to dive back into the NYE shows!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I went on Nugs and saw that almost all of the shows from summer/fall/New Years have been posted with the exceptions of 8/9/19 Atlantic City and New Years Eve, which unfortunately are the two shows I was looking to purchase. Does anyone know what happened to them?

13 hours ago, Fireonshakedwnstreet said:

Thanks to Rob. Can grab 12/30/2019 now (my last show pre-Corona). Speaking of MIA, I am still in search of 11/10/2017 at the Wellmont. I turned into a puddle during that Wharf Rat. 

They usually don't post their recreation shows for purchase. I do have a short video on youtube of the bridge from the 11/10/17 Wharf Rat, at the time it was the best Grateful Dead-related thing I had seen live and was one of the things that really made me fall in love with DSO:

1 hour ago, izaacb said:

They usually don't post their recreation shows for purchase. I do have a short video on youtube of the bridge from the 11/10/17 Wharf Rat, at the time it was the best Grateful Dead-related thing I had seen live and was one of the things that really made me fall in love with DSO:

Oh man this is magnificent. Thank you! This is one of my top moments as well. I literally felt Jeff's solos in my chest. 

• 3 months later...

Man, this thread is proof positive that DSO needs tapers at the shows. Some cheapy Samson C02s or some used Naks 100s/300s and a Zoom H4 and you are in business. These new recorders are really set it and forget it with memory card space and 24 bit. Will definitely be taping every show I attend going forward. 

Archived