Start time for fall tour (2018)?

• Forum MVP

If it’s an 8pm show expect them to start b/t 7:58 and 8:15.  On shows that will take a while to recreate I’ve seen them go on before start time. Dso is prompt as they want to give fans as close to a 4 hour show as possible and I’ve seen a 4:15 show before. Don’t be late or you will miss songs 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

The latest I’ve seen Dso start a show was at 8:20 for an 8pm show. It was a sold out show where security was having a hard time getting people in. But I’ve also seen sold out shows with hundreds in line outside start right on time. My 1st Dso show ever was at the Vic Chicago and I was shocked that they started right at 8. What band starts at showtime was my thought? My gf at the time at the start of encore 2 of 3 said are they ever going to stop?  We had to leave to catch our train and missed the last song. I was in heaven. She was in hell. Needless to say we didn’t last 6 more months and I needed warmer weather. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I think the gf has more fun at shows than I do now. She’s ear to ear grinning the whole show and I can no longer keep up with her when at 1st she danced very little. The more and more familiar she got with the people and the scene the more she could just let go and release the inner freak. I’ve had a couple friends who let go fully at their 1st show but they had really high self confidence. Her 1st show she didn’t dance for most of the 1st set just watching them play. Now she’s spinning and listening and watches the band less than I do and I may only be watching 1/4 of the show. During that 69 show I stopped dancing and just watched the band playing and interacting during a lot of the 2nd set and it just reaffirms how great these guys are. Their transitions are flawless. All 6 guys can transition perfectly together and make it look so simple. That’s where Dso is just heads above every other dead band. Heck, the most famous dead band no longer transitions songs with more than 2 members. The drummers or guitars will drop out on almost every transition to a new song and once the drummers establish the new beat the rest will join in or the guitarists will transition to the new song and the drummers will join in. Swapping in Phil would make a big chemistry difference but don’t tbink he wants to play Casey Jones at China doll pace. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

DSO is top of the heap and it has a ton to do with this:

>>

Little threads that get weaved to a collective mind-bleep.  Bass, drums, rhythm, keys, and lead.  Always one of them gettin it started - just love how they all end up taking the bait and taking it the best places.

Praise DSO indeed ❤️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

A 69 then an early Brent show b2b. What more could you ask for. It was like a different band. The styles were so different. It was mind melter, shredding feedback 2nd set in Louisville. Last night was a happy groovy 2nd set. How they can do that so perfectly with limited practice boggles my mind and do it so different every time. So many songs over the 2 nights were played so differently than I’ve heard before. It’s like they get more and more creative every time I see them. On I think it was TOO, skip was coming in at unique times on his bass licks. Eaton was getting a kick out of it. They were having a blast and the music was fresh.  Once the crowd thinned out at 11, the energy level got even higher. When the talkers leave the dancers flourish and after 3 hours of sweating, the crowd switched into a higher gear.  I love everything about a Dso show.  Hell we may do New Years run even though I’d prefer to go where the chilly winds don’t blow after Christmas. Miami or Dso New Years. One lacks warmth and the other lacks Dso. I guess I’ll see which I need more at that point. On a selfish fan note when Rob K’s cute son Levi came out and grabbed his hand as he was doing show announce in St. Louis, it reminded us that Dso won’t be retiring any time soon as they have families to support. I know rob b has said before that he chose the musicians life and this is what he loves to do and has no thought of stopping. The road is tough but the job satisfaction level has to be off the charts. Plus Rob B get to continue channeling pigpen and he still wont care if you are only 17 years of age even when he’s 90 ;) .  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1