William well

Eleven 

Death don’t 

Cryptical suite 

Loveloght

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

The goods indeed. 

Highlights for me were alligator, H2H, maybe the best eleven I’ve ever gotten, lovelight, death don’t always sends chills. 

I dont think I’ll ever get tired of hearing any of the songs played in that “live dead” type 2nd set. Just exactly perfect. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

There's "good old Grateful Dead" and then there's this.

If you came to hear Brown Eyed Women you were at the wrong show.

Primal.

Stelly Dan playing 2 doors down at same time and was even played pre show warm up through the PA. Wonder if any dead was played there lol.

Probably kept DSO crowd down a smidgeon.

• Forum MVP

At set break a guy in the bathroom assured me this was a 1980’s set list. He’s like they will open 2nd set with hell in a bucket. Always get a good chuckle in the bathroom at setbreaks. The audience was confused at times but really energetic. Took several home town friends up there and there was a convo about did dead ever play heavy metal. Last night at many times, I’d consider that heavy metal music. At least for 69, it was as heavy metal as there was at points in that second set. The really intense, loud, feedback points made the crowd frenzied and people were looking around with huge smiles thinking are you believing this. My new dead buddy heard a style he’d never heard and loved it. Hearing a 69 on cd vs live is a completely different animal. They played loud. And I had the audacity to bash the Mercury ballrooms sound. This time though we were middle up close and it sounded phenomenal. Dancing upstairs dodnt hsve the sound even though this year they didn’t let us upstairs unless you paid an extra $30. So glad they didn’t let us up there because the sound was down low. I thought they were going into caution 2x. I even wrote down caution at one point then had to erase it realizing it was stilll Jan from the song. 

Outstanding. The funny thing was early on the gf, now understanding eras to an extent, was praying for an eleven nonstop as it’s her fav current song to Dance to. I’m like it will probably be followed by a Stephen so the second they started Stephen it was on. 

I was so fatigued but not in any pain. That’s reallu good news. Only doing 2 Midwest shows seems sinful. Next year will be my year!! ;)  But I did get that one. That was a doozy. I think I’m on a roll of like 6 of the last 8 69’s or something close to that.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

The guy next to me called half the 1st set from tuning. He called the doin that rag because they tuned it 2 songs before. He’s like we will get it now. He was brilliant. Always nice to be next to a Gd mind superior to your own. I’m of the mindset that you should surround yourself with people at least as smart as you if not smarter. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I had no clue the dead ever brought big boy Pete out in the 80s. I learn something every day. Last night I learned that no exercise for 6 weeks then hard exercise will make your calves so stiff you literally walk like a pirate with a peg leg. 

Edit:  I had to modify my dance. Now I don’t let my heels touch the ground and stay on my toes. My feet feel good today but my calves are like wtf was that last night. In 4-5 days they should be good lol. What a drag it is getting old. Duh nuh nuh. Fuck it. This is what I love and I’ll do it until the wheels fall off. Wonder if I can pick up more shows on this run. I’m jonesing already. 

• LMAO 1
On 10/4/2018 at 9:17 AM, Rude said:

At set break a guy in the bathroom assured me this was a 1980’s set list. He’s like they will open 2nd set with hell in a bucket. Always get a good chuckle in the bathroom at setbreaks. The audience was confused at times but really energetic. Took several home town friends up there and there was a convo about did dead ever play heavy metal. Last night at many times, I’d consider that heavy metal music. At least for 69, it was as heavy metal as there was at points in that second set. The really intense, loud, feedback points made the crowd frenzied and people were looking around with huge smiles thinking are you believing this. My new dead buddy heard a style he’d never heard and loved it. Hearing a 69 on cd vs live is a completely different animal. They played loud. And I had the audacity to bash the Mercury ballrooms sound. This time though we were middle up close and it sounded phenomenal. Dancing upstairs dodnt hsve the sound even though this year they didn’t let us upstairs unless you paid an extra $30. So glad they didn’t let us up there because the sound was down low. I thought they were going into caution 2x. I even wrote down caution at one point then had to erase it realizing it was stilll Jan from the song. 

Outstanding. The funny thing was early on the gf, now understanding eras to an extent, was praying for an eleven nonstop as it’s her fav current song to Dance to. I’m like it will probably be followed by a Stephen so the second they started Stephen it was on. 

I was so fatigued but not in any pain. That’s reallu good news. Only doing 2 Midwest shows seems sinful. Next year will be my year!! ;)  But I did get that one. That was a doozy. I think I’m on a roll of like 6 of the last 8 69’s or something close to that.  

That's hilarious an 80s setlistl, i would've said to him i got a Benjamin if you can show me an 80s rag let alone h2h or new Orleans

• Forum MVP

He actually said what do you think it is. I’m like it’s a 69 style original with maybe a 2nd set elective. He’s like I think it’s an 80s show.  I was like cool and said have a great show. This forum is PHD level GD commentary so I knew people here would get a kick out of it. I didn’t want to burst his bubble at the show. The second I walked in and saw 2 drummers and the 2 red Gibson’s, I got so excite knowing it was 68-70. Ducks son who I brag on for being raised right texted him after seeing the setup before duck arrived that we were getting a 69 show. That’s gotra be proud papa stuff lol. Having an 18-19yr old who’s stoked about a 69 show is pretty cool. It’s hard for  kids to get into dead at all with their peers overwhelmingly listening to hip hop and harder still to appreciate the old school style and harder yet for them to want to hang with their parent at a concert. No way at that age I wanted to be in public around my parents at all lol. At age 46 was the 1st time since youth I saw a show with my parents and took them to Dso and was excited for them to go with us. Maybe dead culture is just a superior culture. When we were 14-18 we’d crack on people who went to a concert with their parents(my low self esteem obviously) but at dead shows there were lots of teens who went with their parents and there wasn’t any stigma involved. Plus my parents would intentionally embarrass me saying things like she’s cute. You should go talk to her at a level the girl would hear and turn around and smile and I wasn’t socially confident at that point to do anything but turn an embarrassed red. 

Ramble ramble ramble. Can you tell I’m still on a show high :).  Thank you Dso. I’m beaming as I lay in bed exhausted physically but revived mentally. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Likely. But when I was hanging with you guys last night I was perfectly in my element. 

Forgot you just got out of a show!!! Logistics didn’t work for me doing St. Louis with home town friends. Love that venue in Indy though. Dancing on carpet is nice. All the space in the world.