The Pagent

PoetryGirl

• Forum MVP

Spirit of St Louis. - was family. My son loved Washington University. We saw a Westvalia ,though earlier model, as driving in to the college to our surprise.  That was fun and made it seem a little homier. What a campus! That was quite the day excursion followed by some nice Peruvian cuisine near the hotel. Making our flight from home was the nail biter! Held on interstate at exit for 20 min at 5:40am. 

I just wonder - Where did Lindbergh learn to fly? 

11/30/79 ——- well almost 1980. 

Filler : the Weight

nice venue- not a bad spot in the house. Dancin was SO fun. Seemed early but that point after ETLY- gave me a pause. Beautiful Peggy O. Cassidy El Paso. Lost Sailor / saint was it for me. Not a bad guess, hope especially nice surprise out of drumz. 

️ Great Bowling alley close by.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

Alabama Getaway-> Greatest Story Ever Told, Peggy-O, Cassidy, Friend Of The Devil, Easy To Love You, El Paso, Tennessee Jed, Dancin' In The Streets-> Deal

Scarlet Begonias-> Fire On The Mountain, Passenger, Terrapin Station-> Playin' In The Band-> Drums-> Lost Sailor-> Saint Of Circumstance-> Wharf Rat-> Good Lovin', E: Don't Ease Me In

• Forum MVP
11 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

per Wikipedia... Nebraska Aircraft Corporation's flying school in Lincoln

"From an early age, Lindbergh had exhibited an interest in the mechanics of motorized transportation, including his family's Saxon Six automobile, and later his Excelsior motorbike. By the time he started college as a mechanical engineering student, he had also become fascinated with flying, though he "had never been close enough to a plane to touch it".[9] After quitting college in February 1922, Lindbergh enrolled at the Nebraska Aircraft Corporation's flying school in Lincoln and flew for the first time on April 9, as a passenger in a two-seat Lincoln Standard "Tourabout" biplane trainer piloted by Otto Timm.[10]

A few days later, Lindbergh took his first formal flying lesson in that same machine, though he was never permitted to solo because he could not afford to post the requisite damage bond.[11] To gain flight experience and earn money for further instruction, Lindbergh left Lincoln in June to spend the next few months barnstorming across Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana as a wing walker and parachutist. He also briefly worked as an airplane mechanic at the Billings, Montana, municipal airport."

"Lindbergh left flying with the onset of winter and returned to his father's home in Minnesota.[14] His return to the air and first solo flight did not come until half a year later in May 1923 at Souther Field in Americus, Georgia, a former Army flight training field, where he had come to buy a World War I surplus Curtiss JN-4 "Jenny" biplane. Though Lindbergh had not touched an airplane in more than six months, he had already secretly decided he was ready to take to the air by himself. After a half-hour of dual time with a pilot who was visiting the field to pick up another surplus JN-4, Lindbergh flew solo for the first time in the Jenny he had just purchased for $500.[15][16] After spending another week or so at the field to "practice" (thereby acquiring five hours of "pilot in command" time), Lindbergh took off from Americus for Montgomery, Alabama, some 140 miles to the west, for his first solo cross-country flight"

sorry about the non music space but she asked,

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP
17 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

Spirit of St Louis. - was family. My son loved Washington University. We saw a Westvalia ,though earlier model, as driving in to the college to our surprise.  That was fun and made it seem a little homier. What a campus! That was quite the day excursion followed by some nice Peruvian cuisine near the hotel. Making our flight from home was the nail biter! Held on interstate at exit for 20 min at 5:40am. 

11/30/79 ——- well almost 1980. 

Filler : the Weight

nice venue- not a bad spot in the house. Dancin was SO fun. Seemed early but that point after ETLY- gave me a pause. Beautiful Peggy O. Cassidy El Paso. Lost Sailor / saint was it for me. Not a bad guess, hope especially nice surprise out of drumz. 

️ Great Bowling alley close by.

That was your 1st pageant show wasn’t it. Little far from your territory. It’s a great venue. The no alcohol area always has lots of space with great sound. They usually remove most of the tables on the side tiers but this year with a weekday show they left them all in.  That was a little bit of a pain but stacking chairs and moving tables worked well. I told the people next to us that once the show gets going, we can move these tables. They looked at me like I was crazy. They actually used the table and I think the girl was frustrated that we were dancing in front of her sitting. Oh well. If only they would open the balcony it would be wide open. I think this is the 5th strAight show I’ve seen there with it closed. My 2nd or 3rd Dso show ever was on a Saturday at the pageant with the balcony open. The pit used to be a no alcohol area which made it wide open for dancers. Last year they made the pit 21+ which gets it packed. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hello everybody,

Wow what a great time and show at the Pageant....love me some 79 stuff....

Dead Duck (Shawn/Sean)----a pleasure meeting you..... what a nice guy and a great dad too...always love to hear your write-ups on shows and you always include something on your boys too..... you the man...

Rude---you might not remember but I was the guy outside that said a quick "HI" I had to run to the lot during set-break.. sorry I didn't chat more with you----you seem very nice and loved your statement.... "Hey say HI anytime I love to meet new peeps" I used your philosophy and meet Dead Duck out in the lot... so thank you

• Like (+1) 2