Some of the changes

Taper Ron

Here is a list of some of the changes made this morning:

• New Theme.  This theme (skin) was designed by a third party.  I have designed them myself in the past, however, every time there was an upgrade it fucked with my themes to the point they didn't look right anymore. Or worse didn't work at all any customization's I made would disappear.  This theme is up-gradable.  There are things I don't like about it (some text hard to read) but I intend to work on that with the designer.
  • Video System has been updated, hopefully it will start being used! Any questions you may have feel free to send me a PM. 
  • Member Map has been updated
  • ChatBox installed replacing the "ShoutBox" one of the features that quit working with new forum versions.
  • Added the Now Listening Forum. this replaces the now listening thread.  The Forum should be a big improvement over a Great Thread.  
  • Renamed the Open Discussions Forum to the Random Thoughts Forum.  Thanks, Rude, hope ya don't mind me using your idea.

Thank You all for your patience, Comments and concerns are welcome.

• Forum MVP

Hhmmm. Something positive. Let’s see. Well, when I put just the right amount of creamer in my coffee, it comes out this color. That’s cool. I love it when my coffee comes out just exactly perfect. Shouldn’t the background be some sort of tye dye, psychadelia, fractal, tapestry theme? 

I miss the picture of the band across the top. It reminded me of the shows I ‘ve seen at the Electric Factory and inspired thought, got me to tell stories of shows gone by, made me dream of shows that still are to come. 

The whole thing looks corporate to me, not reflective of what Dark Star Orchestra stands for. Of course, that’s my opinion and I am not a big fan of change. I still run my business with a legal pad on a clip board and a pen. I have upgraded from pencil to pen, though. 

As far as the functionality, I don’t think you could have done any better. Thank you for your sacrifice and deadication. 

• Forum MVP

Great work again Ron. Question. Looks like we can now upload videos from our phones but the size limit is .1mb which won’t allow videos and most pictures. I think people would love to see clips from shows and know that storage space costs money. What do we need to do to get that limit raised where we can post 60 sec videos from shows or is it even possible. On really unique parts of shows or 1st time songs I will take a short vid and think everyone would like to see highlights of previous nights shows without having to go through the YouTube part. I’m sure we could get donations if this is a possibility. I would like to get the size raised a little so pics could be posted and there aren’t pics that are smaller than 100kb anymore. Thanks for all you do. You are the reason that so many on here became friends!!! I’d also guess that you have contributed to thousands of tickets sold. Because of forums, I did my 1st New Years run in 2013 with people I only had met on forums so without you, many here would have seen way less shows!!! I’d guess that everyone here has seen at least 1-50 more shows because of others posting that they will be at shows and didn’t want to miss out. I gotta make the next Kansas show to say thank you in person!!!! You are the man!!

6 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Shouldn’t the background be some sort of tye dye, psychadelia, fractal, tapestry theme? 

You mean like darkstarorchestra.net? Looks more like a Halloween theme.  My goal was a functional site that is easy to look at.  In the past you have always had a choice of themes.  Unfortunately at this time there is only a choice between two, this one and the Standard IBS theme.  Since Invision plans another major upgrade in the near future I don't intend to build or buy any additional themes at this time. This "off the shelf" theme cost $20.00 A custom built theme costs $400.00 

@Rude:

I will see what I can do.  I'm sure I can change the limits. Another "side effect" of upgrades is it, often, changes settings. I think more than 60 second clips is possible  I will get back to you.

@ everybody: Thank you for your comments, I need to know what you like and don't like.  Then I can do what I like. :rofl:

Thanks Ron. 

Looks good so far. 

One thing I’m not a fan of is the folded paper look across posts. 

Just a bit of a visual distraction. 

Color scheme looks great. 

Cant wait to dig into more of the bits and bolts of things. 

• Forum MVP
38 minutes ago, t.bell said:

Thanks Ron. 

Looks good so far. 

One thing I’m not a fan of is the folded paper look across posts. 

Just a bit of a visual distraction. 

Color scheme looks great. 

Cant wait to dig into more of the bits and bolts of things. 

Towards bottom of page, you’ll see ‘Theme’ dropdown.  I find the other one more appealing .

thanx again Ron !

• Forum MVP
31 minutes ago, Tea said:

Towards bottom of page, you’ll see ‘Theme’ dropdown.  I find the other one more appealing .

thanx again Ron !

YUP changed to generic theme and its white like previous.  thx

• Forum MVP

Ron, thanks for your hard work to keep this motley Crew in touch with one another and spreading the love of grateful dead music and our fav band DSO.  I know you love it too brother, but your dedication is sincerely appreciated. Much ♥️ to Taper Ron!!

Archived