Why does this guy gotta bring the Grateful Dead into a Trump rally?

John A

• Forum MVP

Come on, man! Who exactly has done such comparing?

President Trump's rallies have been compared to Grateful Dead concerts, not just because they attract hardcore fans who see themselves as part of a community, but also because they offer a rhetorical playlist that is at once predictable yet apt to surprise.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-rally-anatomy-20181010-story.html

• Forum MVP

With that idiots reasoning you could say a Dead Dance is like a KKK cross burning. The only similarity is that people come together in 1 spot. And that was an LA Times piece too. Wtf was that dude thinking when he wrote that. With similes that weak we could say Hitler is like Jimmy Carter. They are both men who led a nation. 

The difference is the dead didn’t bring us together to celebrate hatred and Jerry wouldn’t tell people hes the best ever nonstop and no one can play guitar besides him and all other bands are idiots who are just stealing your money and every other band is telling you lies and if you like another band it means you have bad taste and are stupid. I could go on for hours with the nonsense that gets spewed constantly. 

• Forum MVP

Jerry would have been a better president than trump on hair alone. No time wasted in the morning on doing the comb over. Jerry would already be at work. Think of the fortune in taxpayer money saved by not buying all that hair spray. Jerry could give speeches outdoors on windy days with zero prep work on the hair. I know, I ‘ve seen him do it. 

• Forum MVP

Can I say 1 more time, fuck that dude for mentioning a complete scumbag in the same breath as the dead. If you think trump is the greatest ever, fuck you as well because you are obviously an idiot. Only an idiot could listen to an egomaniac and repeat their lies about how great they are while abandoning facts and logic. That’s what idiots do. Just stating facts. There’s a line here that must be drawn b/t decency and whatever part Fox News, trump and his cult occupy. This anti intellectualism movement won’t stop. It will get worse as people stare at video games and devalue education. 

I said nothing political for 2 years on this forum but this fucker is nuts. He lets Kanye rant for 10 minutes just because the guys going to praise him. That’s our president. He will praise every murderer and dictator as long as they praise him. It’s pathetic how ill this guy is. Not 1 of us would ever hang around someone like this and we’ve all known the type. 

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Rude said:

Can I say 1 more time, fuck that dude for mentioning a complete scumbag in the same breath as the dead. If you think trump is the greatest ever, fuck you as well because you are obviously an idiot. Only an idiot could listen to an egomaniac and repeat their lies about how great they are while abandoning facts and logic. That’s what idiots do. Just stating facts. There’s a line here that must be drawn b/t decency and whatever part Fox News, trump and his cult occupy. This anti intellectualism movement won’t stop. It will get worse as people stare at video games and devalue education. 

I said nothing political for 2 years on this forum but this fucker is nuts. He lets Kanye rant for 10 minutes just because the guys going to praise him. That’s our president. He will praise every murderer and dictator as long as they praise him. It’s pathetic how ill this guy is. Not 1 of us would ever hang around someone like this and we’ve all known the type. 

....and in the next paragraph Rude will tell you how tolerant he is.

At next DSO show I will get in his face and tell him what an ass he is until he leaves!

...and that's the other side.

Now I expect this to be the end of the politics.

• Forum MVP

It’s not the other side. It’s an egomaniac who makes it about him only. I’m saying if you think a guy who lies like he does is the greatest ever, you aren’t much of a thinker. Before 1 piece of legislation was signed he said he’d accomplished more than any president in history. Who says that and who actually believes that. Now he calls it his tax plan when congress completely ignored his plan and implemented a pre written heritage foundation plan. He even said it was a mean plan now he says he did it all. He’s the laziest guy ever to hold that office. Maybe he’s just setting up for any normal republican to easily win. Anyone who isn’t an outright liar will seem like a moderate. For god sakes the guy called Mitch McConnell a liberal. We are in bizzarro world. 

I’m sorry that you believe that people fighting racism and hatred is the same as hatred. Those hateful Americans in WWII who hated the nazis. How horrible they were......

• Forum MVP

Don't mind their fighting...just their methods

You do not speak NYC as Trump does and I can interpret if you wish.

it is called hyporpole, it is a recognized dialect (like redkneck) and is not "lying" anymore than "you can keep your doctor" was.

Political speech being not truthful is especially protected...see constitution or Senate or your local TV commercial.

Bringing Nazi into discussion is assinine.

Just vote and as the distinguished Senator from Hawaii said...Shut up. LOL

Archived