Feb 17 - Lake Tahoe, NV - Harrah's & Harveys Lake Tahoe South Shore Room

Feb 19 - Las Vegas, NV - Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas

Feb 21 - Tempe, AZ - Marquee Theatre

Feb 22 - San Diego, CA - House of Blues San Diego

Feb 23 - Beverly Hills, CA - Saban Theatre

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

No - Oregon and North Cali 🙂

I recall a quote from last weekend when you said wherever dso will be on 2-22 is where I will be.  Hmm I was thinking that date in 69 was a 2 setter but only 1.

I was hoping for a 4 show Key west run 2/27-3/2 or maybe a mini fest in the desert for 4 days celebrating all things 69. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Yeah- well kids have a way of changing your plans. Their dreams become your dreams. 

53 minutes ago, Rude said:

I recall a quote from last weekend when you said wherever dso will be on 2-22 is where I will be. 

Dream Bowl dreams. I love that show- it was on the board I said that a couple of weeks ago. Only said we were planning to hitt some  West Coast shows. 

Plus Las Vegas to Tucson to San Diego isn’t my speed. 

• Forum MVP

Yeah that’s a haul. Was hoping maybe for a 4 day weekend in SoCal. Did the northern portion in February and I can get dreary weather locally. Traveling in cold and rainy weather doesn’t get my juices flowing. Palm Springs>LA> San Diego would get me to pop a flight in February. At least that prob means a southern/Midwest run in April. Hoping for another Avondale brewery show outside to start the warm season. 

• Forum MVP
16 hours ago, Island Bro said:

43 and rain...gotta dig it. Will

be hot hot hot in the venues when band takes the stage though 😉

That was pretty much the exact weather in my couple days in portland in February.  If nothing else the weather is very predictable out west.  Winters are joyous in SoCal and the kind that get you padded walls up north.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I follow this intuitive healer and her latest blog talked about the end of summer and descent into fall that, for many, is all fine if you talk about cozy sweaters and pumpkin spice, but not the death and decay that comes with it. I have been learning to slow down in the winter, sit by the fire with books, craft and enjoy slow stews and the quiet introspective hibernation where the time is ruled more by the moon than the sun. I find this lack of struggle against the season changes to be nourishing and more in line with what my body is telling me to do. Last year, the 4 day run after Christmas and back to work after traveling left me upside down striving to find up again. It would be diff if I didn’t have to travel of course. About Feb the promise of March and longer days I perk up and looking forward to the travel to begin to spread my wings again. 💗

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP

Yes yes yes PG. 

Winter dormancy,,time for root growth,,gathering energy for spring bust out...all part of the natural cycle.

The seeds that were silent all burst in to bloom and decay...

night comes so quiet, it's close on the heels of the day...

The February run lines up so nicely with the returning of the light...cool way to celebrate Imbolc!

🍁

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

President "Bobby": Mr. Gardner, do you agree with Ben, or do you think that we can stimulate growth through temporary incentives? 

[Long pause]

Chance the Gardener: As long as the roots are not severed, all is well. And all will be well in the garden. 

President "Bobby": In the garden. 

Chance the Gardener: Yes. In the garden, growth has it seasons. First comes spring and summer, but then we have fall and winter. And then we get spring and summer again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I need to find balance in the winter. Sitting at my desk in the house looking out at the green pool and leaveless trees with the long wait til life springs is so rough. The worst is now until a month after winter solstice. At least after that I can tell myself the days are getting longer.  Think I just need a winter house in Palm Springs. We found out the hard way why every hotel in Palm Springs at the end of June is $60 a night. It would be reversed out there. U stay hidden in the summer and only come out after. I just need a balanced climate like Los Angeles.  Well it’s not exactly balanced. It’s pretty much perfect all the time. Compton looks semi affordable plus you get free bars included on your windows in any house you buy and may live next to an aspiring rapper who gets his street cred by robbing you at gunpoint. I’d have a great story though and what is life without great stories. 

• Like (+1) 1

PG 

U said u may c Huk?

i think I hung with u @ red rock show. 

i was looking for a place to sit and u invited me to sit with u 

If ur married to a chemist and have two boys , then ur that person

Huk’s a great high energy dancer , who said to me after the first song “ok, that’s it. Do We need more?” .  If ur that person , thank u for welcoming me. I had the greatest time because of ur invitation.  Thanks again, and I hope ur winter brings u balance. 

• Like (+1) 1

Well I’m glad I only have a few T-shirt’s then. 2 boys , 1 boy 1 girl,  2 girls . It’s all the same to me .  Joe is u husband!? Love that guy. 

Well it’s good to know you.  I will be at the Tempe and Las Vegas show since my daughter is a ASU and I can c her 

also if anyone wants tickets to Pre-NYE show in Philly, PM me and I can get u the tickets at the box office and save u that extortion fee from TM

• Like (+1) 1