2019 Westy Coasty Winter Tour

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Island Bro said:

I suspect we all know that pre-show experience where focus succumbs to giddiness. Reporting in that i have thoroughly reached that point, within the past hour...and dang I still got a lot to do before heading south tomorrow morn but all I can say is this is a heck of a slippery slope with no end in sight!!

Only live music can help you now.

Ride it out til then!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Forum MVP

Hey Islandbro, the day is here!!!! Unfortunately you haven’t slept in 2 days with all the excitement and you will likely need your female Washington crew to keep your energy up how they tried to revive the low energy Portland crowd 2 years ago. One of the reasons for my energy drain that night was a friend calls an hour before showtime out of gas 5 miles from Portland on an interstate with a 6 foot shoulder with light rain and no visibility and instead of doing the right thing and going to the show and pretending our phone battery had died, we grabbed him gas and dodged cars hoping we wouldn’t be maimed as the slowest gas can in the world trickled gas into his tank as cars missed us by a foot at the end of rush hour. Spoiler alert: we lived and made it to the venue right at showtime with frayed nerves and no energy, but we fed off your crew’s energy to at least be able to move. Not being killed was divine intervention even though maybe he could have intervened for like a liter of gas so we weren’t in that spot. 

The morale of the story is have a blast tonight guys because eventually our tanks will be empty. That’s a tad morbid but u get the point. Cheers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I considered not even making a joke about it all, but when jambase does a story about this, it now has a life of its own. Half the posts on Facebook group dead lot are about this and the internet is getting even. You don’t bash another dead band because you are pissed off at a venue. Then you don’t apologize, but, and continue the 1st argument that you were wrong to make. You just fucking say sorry.  Or you rant against the promoter like Jay Lane did and leave the local dead band out of it. 

https://www.jambase.com/article/headstash-john-kadlecik-critique

• Forum MVP
28 minutes ago, Rude said:

I considered not even making a joke about it all, but when jambase does a story about this, it now has a life of its own. Half the posts on Facebook group dead lot are about this and the internet is getting even. You don’t bash another dead band because you are pissed off at a venue. Then you don’t apologize, but, and continue the 1st argument that you were wrong to make. You just fucking say sorry.  Or you rant against the promoter like Jay Lane did and leave the local dead band out of it. 

https://www.jambase.com/article/headstash-john-kadlecik-critique

Absolutely terrible look for JK here.  Yeah, the apology attempt made it even worse as the rant reignited haha.

This collage post that you shared here is brilliant.

It always comes down to the Golden Rule. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

What a time we had! It was so fun to hang with and see some of my favorite humans I have ever known. It is always a trick to push pause on life and dip out but so needed. Daily life is a bit of a grind, especially trying to balance peoples' expectations and manifest goodness and love in spite of that static getting in the way. As my husband says, I work too hard to suffer the bs.  We are so lucky to experience the magic of a show where the Named has no name and the Way has no path lives full on captured in the timeless lyrics and inspired music. Island Bro and I cooked this escape up back in October, and like Venus, these February shows danced on the distant horizon with promise and delivered. So hot tubs/ springs are the ticket for the NW and erase the wear of the night before. And being the good student, I managed to hit the spa 4 out 5 days we were out there! The other day I soaked in wine!! :P. We landed in snow at PDX a little bedraggled and began to decompress. The first show(2nd Portland) was a smorgasbord of music and it all in its own way began to sort me out. You know- when too much of everything is just enough? A little pinch of this and that is bound to satisfy. Melvin tore up the keys across the way after the show -and thankfully Portland is a city after my own stomach. We found good company  :grouphug:at the Roxy for a late night breakfast. The next day seemed a bit dicey because the snow all around might impact our wine tour plans. The sun was shining on us and we tasted the earth and felt the rain. I found new spaces within in Eugene and opened up for the good primal Dead in Ashland. The most perfect venue is that Ashland Armory- wide space with wood floors. I danced a while in socks. Oh, and it was heavenly. Mon amour, mon vie. Things reset, cloudy skies cleared, old crusty pizza even shone again in glory. I breathed in the goodness and my heart space filled, awashed in laughter and good times. 

I savor the new friendships I made and the aroma of the longer standing ones. Soul connections happen when you meet people it seems you've known already and they bless you unbeknownst through the years. Just being there at the right times to soothe your soul.  

This really happened....You must be on the right road when a dress you wore 5 years ago to dinner shows up in your landscape, with that dinner date standing right there! I kid you not. Floored! I have never see another wear it, even when new, much less so long afterwards!!! I will be taking that dress out there to Ashland next time for my twin. It is only 16 years old from Target but the best!! lol

Love you people. Love my tribe. I carry you in my heart, that feeling, til we meet again. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Forum MVP

Best NW run ever..musically and everything else.

Enjoyed Barracco's cryptic comment at the end of the Portland shows that, "We'll be back sooner than you think..."

Last Saturday eve I was sent a text of a photo from the Wintergrass festival in Seattle area of a particular poster advertising a particular NW summer fest with the name of a particular band included that we all like.....hmmmmm

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Before Florida happens and it all rolls into one, I just wanted to express somewhere:

There has never been a best as best as this.

I've done 10 full tours with this band now, and this last one stands out in general as the best yet overall.

The toppest knotch playing (next level, unreal, unfair), the perfect clarity and presence of each musical voice, the afterparties, the places, the people..  West coast is magic.

And it's funny how people all along the way would ask what the best show had been thus far - And it had honestly all been so wonderful I had no clear obvious answer.  Until the very last night that is - Tour ended with an unexpected punch - The Saban show was a real gem.  (Which Jubilee do you think we'll get the remaining '83 RR show at?)

East coast gets too much love.  East coast tours take everything I have to just keep going [I still for the life of me can't figure out why anyone lives east of Denver...] - I get home and need days to recover.  The west however is totally rejuvenating - I returned from this one fully recharged and ready to take on the world..  West coast is magic.

Highly recommend to anyone here who has never experienced what I'm talking about to someday make a pilgrimage to the promised land for some shows.

Love you all so much - Thank you for everything.

Praise DSO!

P.S.  Legit considering bringing a full on winter coat to FL...

• Like (+1) 5