Island Bro

2019 Westy Coasty Winter Tour

18 hours ago, LIkeEveryOne said:

PG 

U said u may c Huk?

i think I hung with u @ red rock show. 

i was looking for a place to sit and u invited me to sit with u 

If ur married to a chemist and have two boys , then ur that person

Huk’s a great high energy dancer , who said to me after the first song “ok, that’s it. Do We need more?” .  If ur that person , thank u for welcoming me. I had the greatest time because of ur invitation.  Thanks again, and I hope ur winter brings u balance. 

Right on,,well I guess we met at Red Rocks then? If so, I will remember your face next time I see you. I'm not always good with names but I typically won't forget a face......red rocks was epic!

I live in the Northeast, never seen a west coast show. Only east coast and midwest. I heard Warfield is a do not miss venue. What others are best places if I try to hit a weekor at least a few days of this tour.

I tell people that story whenever someone mentions RR.

About how I spent an hour looking  for the perfect place and found it. It was smack in the middle at row 25, PERFECT !  BUT by the time I found it, there were no open seats, they were all taken.  But some women behind me must have seen me searching and says  “ hey u can join us” .. I was like yes!  SCORE!!

I started talking to the guy with her and he says “ I think I know u” .  I say “nope!”  He says “were u at the NYE show in Philly?”  I say “ yup, but I don’t remember u”. He says “ok”. We talk a bit more.  The music starts, he starts to dance, I point at him and I say  “I do know u, ur a chemist, ur Joe !” 

I travel 1500 miles and gravitated to a spot among 10000 people to hang  with the same people  I danced with on NYE.  RR magic at work.   Thanks DSO

• Like (+1) 3

So Yo Island Bro .

I ain't so shore we have met.

Till i sea u Rock.

and that's my first (and most likely last ) attempt at a haiku

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, LIkeEveryOne said:

So Yo Island Bro .

I ain't so shore we have met.

Till i sea u Rock.

and that's my first (and most likely last ) attempt at a haiku

Nice heavy poetry...I dig the seashore additions😄

In mid row 25,

met, we must have indeed,,

for what is to meet, but to dance in one's presence

okay that's my attempt 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 11/5/2018 at 4:07 PM, LIkeEveryOne said:

I tell people that story whenever someone mentions RR.

About how I spent an hour looking  for the perfect place and found it. It was smack in the middle at row 25, PERFECT !  BUT by the time I found it, there were no open seats, they were all taken.  But some women behind me must have seen me searching and says  “ hey u can join us” .. I was like yes!  SCORE!!

I started talking to the guy with her and he says “ I think I know u” .  I say “nope!”  He says “were u at the NYE show in Philly?”  I say “ yup, but I don’t remember u”. He says “ok”. We talk a bit more.  The music starts, he starts to dance, I point at him and I say  “I do know u, ur a chemist, ur Joe !” 

I travel 1500 miles and gravitated to a spot among 10000 people to hang  with the same people  I danced with on NYE.  RR magic at work.   Thanks DSO

There are always lots of official and unofficial chemists at dead shows. That was right where we were dancing. No clue joe the chemist was really close to me. On a chemistry note, at the covington Dso show on Valentine’s Day 2015 there was a guy in front of us that also looked like a chemist. Well he had the molecular structure of LSD tattooed on his face, so I assume he was a chemistry professor. He must have taken pride in his PHD work at Cincinnati and gotten the tattoo to reflect that pride. It took up most of the right side of his face. I asked him what his LinkedIn profile was listed as and he said huh. I guess he didn’t want to talk about his job before a show. I don’t like to talk about work either. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Rude said:

Well he had the molecular structure of LSD tattooed on his face, so I assume he was a chemistry professor. He must have taken pride in his PHD work at Cincinnati and gotten the tattoo to reflect that pride. It took up most of the right side of his face. I asked him what his LinkedIn profile was listed as and he said huh. I guess he didn’t want to talk about his job before a show. I don’t like to talk about work either. 

He was the department chair. 

Is it bad if this appears on your wrist and you've never had a tattoo in your life?

1705591389.jpg 

So strange

• LMAO 1

That’s what happens when someone sprays you at a show. It’s like invisible ink at 1st

Wow

"Pretty much the community of Paradise is destroyed, it's that kind of devastation," said Cal Fire Capt. Scott McLean late Thursday. "The wind that was predicted came and just wiped it out."

holy fuck

Conway lives in paradise, btw. Was such a cute little town.  

So sad for all the tragic losses in Paradise due to the fire. Will be interesting to see how DSO alters their schedule in February when they were planning to play there...I like the Ashland double header idea.......

Besides the 30+ people who died another sad thing was reading about all the wildlife and pets who died stranded and burned. Many people weren’t home and weren’t allowed back to their homes to get their animals and were posting their address for people to kick in their doors to get their pets out. Unlike the humans the pets locked in had no chance at survival. Saw a guy talk about his 5 horses burned alive in his barn as well as his dogs he couldn’t get to. By the time people were even alerted to the fire it was already upon them. So many burned alive in their cars fleeing. Nightmare scenario. Was told the performing arts center was still standing which was surprising considering everything around it was burned. I wouldn’t doubt a benefit concert by Dso on winter tour is upcoming.