Sign in to follow this  
Island Bro

2019 Westy Coasty Winter Tour

1 hour ago, Island Bro said:

I suspect we all know that pre-show experience where focus succumbs to giddiness. Reporting in that i have thoroughly reached that point, within the past hour...and dang I still got a lot to do before heading south tomorrow morn but all I can say is this is a heck of a slippery slope with no end in sight!!

Only live music can help you now.

Ride it out til then!

• Like (+1) 5

Hey Islandbro, the day is here!!!! Unfortunately you haven’t slept in 2 days with all the excitement and you will likely need your female Washington crew to keep your energy up how they tried to revive the low energy Portland crowd 2 years ago. One of the reasons for my energy drain that night was a friend calls an hour before showtime out of gas 5 miles from Portland on an interstate with a 6 foot shoulder with light rain and no visibility and instead of doing the right thing and going to the show and pretending our phone battery had died, we grabbed him gas and dodged cars hoping we wouldn’t be maimed as the slowest gas can in the world trickled gas into his tank as cars missed us by a foot at the end of rush hour. Spoiler alert: we lived and made it to the venue right at showtime with frayed nerves and no energy, but we fed off your crew’s energy to at least be able to move. Not being killed was divine intervention even though maybe he could have intervened for like a liter of gas so we weren’t in that spot. 

The morale of the story is have a blast tonight guys because eventually our tanks will be empty. That’s a tad morbid but u get the point. Cheers. 

• Like (+1) 1

Delilah Jo looks expectant. Her near future, we all know, is bright. She is a wide-eyed cutie pie. 

• Like (+1) 1

Be careful playing onstage DSO. I never realized until this week that national touring bands were literally risking their lives every time they played for us. Be safe. 

• LMAO 1

19 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

My dad used to call my daughter peanut. Nice. Protect her ears.

My middle daughter is 21, we still call her peanut. 

• Like (+1) 2

Sometimes the internet can be used for good. 

A4113-CFD-C8-AB-429-C-8-F3-B-9-ED9-C9968

• LMAO 1

I considered not even making a joke about it all, but when jambase does a story about this, it now has a life of its own. Half the posts on Facebook group dead lot are about this and the internet is getting even. You don’t bash another dead band because you are pissed off at a venue. Then you don’t apologize, but, and continue the 1st argument that you were wrong to make. You just fucking say sorry.  Or you rant against the promoter like Jay Lane did and leave the local dead band out of it. 

https://www.jambase.com/article/headstash-john-kadlecik-critique

28 minutes ago, Rude said:

I considered not even making a joke about it all, but when jambase does a story about this, it now has a life of its own. Half the posts on Facebook group dead lot are about this and the internet is getting even. You don’t bash another dead band because you are pissed off at a venue. Then you don’t apologize, but, and continue the 1st argument that you were wrong to make. You just fucking say sorry.  Or you rant against the promoter like Jay Lane did and leave the local dead band out of it. 

https://www.jambase.com/article/headstash-john-kadlecik-critique

Absolutely terrible look for JK here.  Yeah, the apology attempt made it even worse as the rant reignited haha.

This collage post that you shared here is brilliant.

It always comes down to the Golden Rule. 

Maybe I went too hard on him. This was sent to me anonymously. 

4-CC14482-3470-4857-A2-E3-27621-DE5-F677