College Hoops 2018

acududeman

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Another year and another number 1 preseason ranking for an all freshman UK team.  If Zion actually suits up considering the cash his family allegedly was asking for, I think Duke takes it.  I dont see how UK is rank 1 considering the class that Duke brought in.  It was far superior to Kentuckys and Kentucky isnt returning much.  Early prediction in the Duke UK game---Zion pulls down 15 rebounds.

And I dont see how the NCAA hasnt started an investigation into Zion Williamson.  The FBI has people on tape talking about Zions family wanting housing, cash and a job if hes going to attend Kansas.  If a parent asks for money even if the child is not aware, that ends your eligibility.  The NCAA was shown to be a sham after no penalties against Carolina for the fake classes over 20 years.  Its really all about expanding a multi billion dollar not for profit so they can justify the exorbitant salaries of the executives.  Their 400 employees split a payroll of $50mil.  Might as well pay people as you cant pocket the profits. 

Edit:  That stat of 50mil for 400 employees was 2009.  I remember hearing the average salary is 200k now but cant find the source but considering in 2009 it was 125k I dont doubt it. 

• Forum MVP
16 hours ago, Rude said:

Another year and another number 1 preseason ranking for an all freshman UK team.  If Zion actually suits up considering the cash his family allegedly was asking for, I think Duke takes it.  I dont see how UK is rank 1 considering the class that Duke brought in.  It was far superior to Kentuckys and Kentucky isnt returning much.  Early prediction in the Duke UK game---Zion pulls down 15 rebounds.

And I dont see how the NCAA hasnt started an investigation into Zion Williamson.  The FBI has people on tape talking about Zions family wanting housing, cash and a job if hes going to attend Kansas.  If a parent asks for money even if the child is not aware, that ends your eligibility.  The NCAA was shown to be a sham after no penalties against Carolina for the fake classes over 20 years.  Its really all about expanding a multi billion dollar not for profit so they can justify the exorbitant salaries of the executives.  Their 400 employees split a payroll of $50mil.  Might as well pay people as you cant pocket the profits. 

Edit:  That stat of 50mil for 400 employees was 2009.  I remember hearing the average salary is 200k now but cant find the source but considering in 2009 it was 125k I dont doubt it. 

From the few clips I've seen so far of Zion, he will be a beast to reckon with this season......he's pretty much already a complete player with huge upside.

• Forum MVP

All he needs to do is gobble 10 rebounds a game. He’s a Charles Barkley build who can’t be moved underneath. He’s one of those guys who will never have a bad day on the boards with his size.

u got to watch a beast play hoops PG. guessing the team won’t be quite the same this year. 

• Forum MVP

I’m anxious to watch Romeo Langford at the college level. Been watching him all throughout HS and I’m excited to see if he dominates at the next level. So glad he stayed home. This is as excited as I’ve been for a college hoops season since Damon Baily. Lol

• Forum MVP

Bobby and wolf bros 11/5. Vote then UK/Duke on 11/6. In Kentucky, besides the fact that they are likely the most uninformed voters anyway, they will be even more less informed about the election results because of this game. If this was a noon game, you would see record low voter turnout.  The percent of KY TVs tuned to this game will be extreme as always. 

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Rude said:

Bobby and wolf bros 11/5. Vote then UK/Duke on 11/6. In Kentucky, besides the fact that they are likely the most uninformed voters anyway, they will be even more less informed about the election results because of this game. If this was a noon game, you would see record low voter turnout.  The percent of KY TVs tuned to this game will be extreme as always. 

Rude - Sounds like a trifecta in 24 hours (IF UK wins ;))

I, of course, will be wearing Duke Blue that night......enjoy the Ryman!

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Dead duck said:

Luke and I will be at the Ryman too. Safe travels man. 👍

I’m the very last row in one of the 2 middle sections down low if u wanna say hi. 

• Forum MVP
On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:15 AM, acududeman said:

November 6th is circled on my calendar for two reasons.....the impending Blue Wave and the Battle of the Blues (Duke/Kentucky).

A terrific night all in all...….Duke was flat out dominant

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, PoetryGirl said:

What a devil of a game. 

How was Weir and Wolf Bros? Slow? Singing like speaking? Or magical? 

Was pretty good. The Ryman was a big ol’ singalong with awesome acoustics. Bobby spoke the lyrics sometimes but let everyone sing along during the appropriate songs. We were tip top of the balcony which worked because we had some space vs being crammed in a pew. Brought out Buddy Miller, John Oates, and Margo Price at different times throughout the 2nd set. We were choosing between doing the Country Music HOF and buying tix for the Louisville show Tuesday night, and even tho we enjoyed the show we did the HOF, which was cool because they had a big Emmylou exhibit and a country outlaws exhibit. Good little trip. 

• Forum MVP

We went to the balcony and danced on the top walkway. Was a great show. The ushers fought a losing battle trying to corrale the dancers. I took a short break finding a seat in the balcony and it was less legroom than a frontier airline seat. If you stood your legs were touching the seats in front of you. No way to move upstairs unless in the walkway. Saw several people I’d met at Midwest shows. Seems like no matter where I go I see people I’ve met along the way. Before the show I was sitting next to an older couple in town for the night and had no clue about Bob weir but wanted to go to the Ryman. I’m like you picked a good one. The crowd will be wild and unique. I explained to them about the traveling circus and all the bands playing dead and how half the crowd here sees shows all over the country. You could see the confusion. You mean people hop on a plane to go see a concert?

Voted

Then watched the most freakish athlete I’ve ever seen play basketball. I’m telling you if Zion said I’m going to enter the nfl draft and take up football, he’d be the number 1 player drafted. He’s a more athletic JJ watt. Where couldn’t you play him in football. He could prob play wide receiver.  I think I’d want him at DE or LB or TE or WR or FB or safety lol. How do you have a 45” vertical and be the size of a defensive lineman. He’d be great in the wildcat formation too. He may be the most athletic person on the earth considering his size.....and I thought Kentucky was going to get him....

theres a video of him dunking from the free throw line and his toe was not over. He’s 285 pounds. He was behind where Jordan started from on his free throw dunk. Holy shit. I read this article from a sports physiologist who analyzed track stars and high jumpers and he said what he does doesn’t compute, literally. I’m in awe of this kid still. Once in a while you see something that just blows your mind and last night that happened to me. 

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Rude said:

We went to the balcony and danced on the top walkway. Was a great show. The ushers fought a losing battle trying to corrale the dancers. I took a short break finding a seat in the balcony and it was less legroom than a frontier airline seat. If you stood your legs were touching the seats in front of you. No way to move upstairs unless in the walkway. Saw several people I’d met at Midwest shows. Seems like no matter where I go I see people I’ve met along the way. Before the show I was sitting next to an older couple in town for the night and had no clue about Bob weir but wanted to go to the Ryman. I’m like you picked a good one. The crowd will be wild and unique. I explained to them about the traveling circus and all the bands playing dead and how half the crowd here sees shows all over the country. You could see the confusion. You mean people hop on a plane to go see a concert?

Voted

Then watched the most freakish athlete I’ve ever seen play basketball. I’m telling you if Zion said I’m going to enter the nfl draft and take up football, he’d be the number 1 player drafted. He’s a more athletic JJ watt. Where couldn’t you play him in football. He could prob play wide receiver.  I think I’d want him at DE or LB or TE or WR or FB or safety lol. How do you have a 45” vertical and be the size of a defensive lineman. He’d be great in the wildcat formation too. He may be the most athletic person on the earth considering his size.....and I thought Kentucky was going to get him....

theres a video of him dunking from the free throw line and his toe was not over. He’s 285 pounds. He was behind where Jordan started from on his free throw dunk. Holy shit. I read this article from a sports physiologist who analyzed track stars and high jumpers and he said what he does doesn’t compute, literally. I’m in awe of this kid still. Once in a while you see something that just blows your mind and last night that happened to me. 

I’ve been talking him up all day too. I’m in no way a Dukefan but I’ll watch that kid play any chance I get. He’s a monster, plus a freak athlete, plus by all accounts is a team player and not a selfish bone in his body. If all is tru sky is the limits for this kid. 

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, acududeman said:

LOL.....let me guess, Tarheel fan?

Unabashed.

For the record, my teams:

NCAA MBB - TARHEELS

NCAA FB - GAMECOCKS

NCAA FB - APP STATE (ALMA MATER)

NFL - PANTHERS, fuck yea

NBA - HORNETS

MLB - BRAVES

NHL - CANES

I don't fucking waffle, those are my teams. 

• Forum MVP

I’m a KY fan to the bone but Zion is fun to watch and it’s like watching Tua. Insane talents make for good sports. That rams/saints game this weekend made for great fun too. No one wants to watch scrubs play even though I’ll continue to watch the cowboys. They should have been trading players for picks instead of vice versa 

• Forum MVP
18 hours ago, gr8fulpair said:

Unabashed.

For the record, my teams:

NCAA MBB - TARHEELS

NCAA FB - GAMECOCKS

NCAA FB - APP STATE (ALMA MATER)

NFL - PANTHERS, fuck yea

NBA - HORNETS

MLB - BRAVES

NHL - CANES

I don't fucking waffle, those are my teams. 

Gotcha…...

My sports allegiances run something like this...….

Gamecocks - hometown team

Redskins/Nats/Caps - adopted home town for last 25 years

Vanderbilt - my alma mater

Duke - alma mater of nearly my entire family (been hard core Duke hoops fan since the late 70's)

Archived