College Hoops 2018

acududeman

• Forum MVP

As of late, Kentucky and Carolina look like the teams to beat. If Zion decides to play that all may change but sans Zion, if I had to pick my favs now it would be one of those 2. Kentucky is playing a full 40 now and that’s always an issue with Calipari teams. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
On 2/23/2019 at 9:49 PM, Rude said:

As of late, Kentucky and Carolina look like the teams to beat. If Zion decides to play that all may change but sans Zion, if I had to pick my favs now it would be one of those 2. Kentucky is playing a full 40 now and that’s always an issue with Calipari teams. 

Don't forget about Gonzaga,  I like them a lot this year. Also watch out for Houston,  they are really good and likely to get underseeded. Not sure how you can only have one loss on the year and still be considered a 3 seed in most brackets. There seem to be a lot of good not great teams this year. 

• Forum MVP
5 hours ago, bs69 said:

Don't forget about Gonzaga,  I like them a lot this year. Also watch out for Houston,  they are really good and likely to get underseeded. Not sure how you can only have one loss on the year and still be considered a 3 seed in most brackets. There seem to be a lot of good not great teams this year. 

Zags played Duke, TN, UNC and a shitload of teams I've never heard of. 

• Forum MVP
7 hours ago, Rude said:

When was the last year a soft schedule team won. Well last year but besides that..

I wouldn't call Villanova's schedule soft last year,  if you remember Xavier was a 1 seed out of the big east. Maybe Uconn a few years back?

• Forum MVP
7 hours ago, bs69 said:

I wouldn't call Villanova's schedule soft last year,  if you remember Xavier was a 1 seed out of the big east. Maybe Uconn a few years back?

I’m talking about soft depth wise where only a few teams actually can beat you even on your worst day. When the SEC was really down KY had several years where they went 19-0 including the sec tourney. It didn’t do them any favors. 

• Forum MVP

Not many of those teams close the deal,  you are correct about that. The UNLV teams of the early nineties comes to mind as a team that won it. There have been several to make the championship game and lose: Brad Stevens Butler teams,  Utah in 98 when Tubby got his title at Kentucky,  Memphis. 

• Forum MVP

UK took a major dump at Tennessee this weekend. Tennessee looked as good as Kentucky did when Kentucky beat them by 20 as well. Basketball is a strange sport. Hard to really get a gauge for teams. I can usually pick at least 20 of the 32 games right in the 1st round though. A few years I’ll actually have a final 4 team left in my bracket. That’s how good I can predict sports. My pro football analysis is so spot on backwards that if you bet opposite me you’d win 60% of your bets or more. I must be doing something right to lose so many bets. I just need to reverse it. But then psychologically would I be making the same pick? I think next season I’ll post 2-3 games a week that I love the spread on to see how badly I can pick games even though I had 1 season of gambling I won on but that was college because Florida covered like 10/12 games and we bet them every week with wuerfel at QB and spurrier wanting to beat everyone by 50. 

• Forum MVP

As of now, I've never been less informed about College Basketball.  I guess this means that this is the year that I take everyone's bracket money and make it rain.  Get ready to hand it over. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

It's amazing to see a player of that size with so much athleticism - a generational talent to be sure.  The Heels are gonna have their hands full tonight but if they keep playing world class D, play smart in transition, and rebound well, they got a good shot to make the ACC Final.  The winner tonight has an inside track for a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament.   

• Forum MVP

What a freaking game.  Wow. The lakers need to be looking for a fixer to fix the lottery. One of the best is now off the market even though he specialized in colleges but maybe some oceans 11 type guy should be considered to win the Zion lottery. 

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Rude said:

What a freaking game.  Wow. The lakers need to be looking for a fixer to fix the lottery. One of the best is now off the market even though he specialized in colleges but maybe some oceans 11 type guy should be considered to win the Zion lottery. 

Amazing game......it may take me a while to fall asleep tonight.....I get worked up during games like that.

Zion is a beast

• Forum MVP

Kentucky is a 1.5pt fav. Had to take Tennessee in that one. 

Jay blias saying the tourney winner will be from the sec or acc. That’s really going out on a limb considering they will have 5/8 of the 1 and 2’s. 

I think we will see the 1sr duke Carolina game in the tourney ever(literally ever. Crazy huh). Imagine the ticket price of Kentucky duke carolina in the final 4. The 4th team doesn’t really matter as those 3 teams last time I saw a fan ranking were 8%,7% and 6% respectively which were the top 3. The ncaa would bust a nut if that happened. 

• Forum MVP
56 minutes ago, Tea said:

Anyone wanna do a bracket challenge ?

I'd probably fill out a bracket. Initial thought is Duke,  Virginia,  Gonzaga and Kentucky. Pretty much chalk. 

• Forum MVP

Carolina wins it all. Luke Maye gets 80 boards on the way including 18 vs Kentucky. 

Anyone want to take this bet. I want carolina to win it all at 8-1 odds for a standard Dso ticket. If they don’t, I owe you a ticket. If they win it all you owe me 8 tickets :)  

Archived