Look who’s copying DSO...

DesertDead

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

When God needs money, he goes to Jill.

There - fixed that for you.

They have recreated shows before but now it looks to be promoted a bit more this time.  Anders and Stu together looks like some fun!

If they want some buzz, I'd vote for "This day in Q history." 

Very circular logic when one considers it.  Phil Lesh is copying DSO, but DSO is copying Phil Lesh. It's like a snake eating itself.

I say that in jest because the irony is that I generally consider Dead and Company, Phil and Friends, etc to be cover bands.......even though they are the originators. How can you think anything but when Bobby sings West LA Fadeaway or Stella?  

When DSO is recreating Grateful Dead concerts, they don't feel anything like a cover or tribute band.

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Rude said:

Phil did all those recreations at terrapin crossroads. Dso guys even played with him. 

Yep.  He did a show for every year from late 60s on over a fairy drawn out period.

I saw one with Eaton sitting in (I would not go to this under any circumstances with Phil's son in the Bobby slot), and it was excellent. I think people were perplexed that Rob didn't have a music stand with lyrics in front of him. 😎

• Forum MVP

Although I wasn’t in the room, I think that quite a few of those previous recreations occurred at the Capitol Theatre, i.e. Phillip’s East Coast home away from home.

Anyhoo, ya, should be some fun.  Ima do the Sunday night/last one.  Friday’s sold out pretty quickly, fwiw. 

2 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

Very circular logic when one considers it.  Phil Lesh is copying DSO, but DSO is copying Phil Lesh. It's like a snake eating itself.

I say that in jest because the irony is that I generally consider Dead and Company, Phil and Friends, etc to be cover bands.......even though they are the originators. How can you think anything but when Bobby sings West LA Fadeaway or Stella?  

When DSO is recreating Grateful Dead concerts, they don't feel anything like a cover or tribute band.

Haha, yeah, I was employing some irony with the OP.  But to your point, Mojo, forget the fact that the sum total is better, DSO is more like a Dead show in every way than this fiesta at TXR could ever hope to be.

not that it won’t be worthwhile fun and all.  There’s certainly room on the planet for everyone to do their thing.

For now 

Archived