Wolf coming to Lowell

Hardpan

Let members of Dead & Company play it??

for real?

that’s like letting your ex-spouse come back and  live in the house the courts awarded you  after your “wife & co” spent years trying to sue u for. 

That should never happen 

and it should be a stipulation in every resale of the house (guitar)!

• Forum MVP

I know someone whose father curated Stradivarius instruments. Now the parent is long deceased, and the instruments have been managed by a foundation that lends them out to outstanding musicians to be played. The board of 6 decides the “winner” based on a merit of sort I guess for the year for each instrument . The man with the 1672 Viola for the past 8 years told me it is like a marriage, a relationship. The instrument has things it wants to say and he has things he wants to say. A dance. A conversation. I have never heard such magnificence. . The sounds that he can manifest from the instrument still astound even him after all these years.

I would like to see Wolf have that chance. To be played by an outstanding Grateful Dead lead guitarist for a period of time to begin to know the instrument and see what relationship develops. To dust off those rusty strings and allow it to be played in the spirit which it was born.  I think a  guitar could be as individual as a viola. Right ? That is the conversation here.  It would be such a gift to the muses, the art, the legacy of the Grateful Dead, if this owner lent it out more than one night to see what beauty could be made.  Loftier goals have been dreamed. 

And it would be phenomenal to see what Jeff could do with Wolf with time to play it.  You know, there are 2 Brent’s organs that he played early 80s. How lucky are we the fans of DSO to see Barraco play one!   It was at the Boulder 2016 show. He told me he spent years trying to emote sounds out of other organs and never could get them quite like that one plays.  

That is some fun fatback to chew on. Don’t you want to start a petition now. 😂 

That is a lot to think about.

Word on the street has it that Michelangelo stared at the chunk of marble until David appeared. If he had a different piece of marble would we have something more perfect? 

So does the artist need the right piece to create something special? I would have to say yes without a doubt.

It’s a great idea, and nothing would please me more than to have dead & co listen to Mattson feel the song through that guitar. 

On 11/10/2018 at 9:54 PM, Tiger in a Trance said:

Well put!  After too many beers spilled on me, and getting knocked around, I haven't been to a show in a long time. And don't get me started on chatting and cell phones at concerts.  Just knowing I missed Wolf in Lowell makes me sad.  So I need to get back out there, because in my opinion, DSO provides the true from the soul Dead experience.   Next one see me twirl!

On 11/10/2018 at 9:54 PM, Tiger in a Trance said:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
On 11/11/2018 at 10:10 AM, PoetryGirl said:

I know someone whose father curated Stradivarius instruments. Now the parent is long deceased, and the instruments have been managed by a foundation that lends them out to outstanding musicians to be played. The board of 6 decides the “winner” based on a merit of sort I guess for the year for each instrument . The man with the 1672 Viola for the past 8 years told me it is like a marriage, a relationship. The instrument has things it wants to say and he has things he wants to say. A dance. A conversation. I have never heard such magnificence. . The sounds that he can manifest from the instrument still astound even him after all these years.

I would like to see Wolf have that chance. To be played by an outstanding Grateful Dead lead guitarist for a period of time to begin to know the instrument and see what relationship develops. To dust off those rusty strings and allow it to be played in the spirit which it was born.  I think a  guitar could be as individual as a viola. Right ? That is the conversation here.  It would be such a gift to the muses, the art, the legacy of the Grateful Dead, if this owner lent it out more than one night to see what beauty could be made.  Loftier goals have been dreamed. 

And it would be phenomenal to see what Jeff could do with Wolf with time to play it.  You know, there are 2 Brent’s organs that he played early 80s. How lucky are we the fans of DSO to see Barraco play one!   It was at the Boulder 2016 show. He told me he spent years trying to emote sounds out of other organs and never could get them quite like that one plays.  

That is some fun fatback to chew on. Don’t you want to start a petition now. 😂 

It takes barraco like 4 secs on an instrument to figure it out. I’m sure if he was home and buddy in a jethro Tull tribute said can you play the flute tonight he’d be like you gotta give me 30 minutes to get the songs down. I love his Allman Brothers story where he’s asked to sit in last second for the farewell beacon shows when Gregg got sick and didn’t know half the songs at all and no time to prepare and we are talking the impossible ticket farewell beacon shows. The image in my head is him listening and learning them at 4x speed to cram as much in as possible then just dividing by 4 on stage ;)

• Forum MVP

I’d love to see some Allman Bros done well. Have seen a few cover bands but not really any that do them justice. The band Crazy Fingers opened for JK a couple years back in Cincy area and opened with a Shakedown/Southbound with him sitting in that cooked pretty well. 

Archived