Cough, Raiders suck, cough.

Greg from Chestertown

• Forum MVP

when I was a little boy, I went into our den where my dad was watching football. I sat on the sofa and watched. The one team was going right down the field, throwing passes. I asked my dad, ‘Who’s this team?’ He said ‘that’s the Oakland Raiders.’ I remember thinking to myself, well, they’re good because they know how to play this game. All the other football I had seen, the one guy gives the ball to the other guy and he runs into that pile of guys. 

That was the beginning of my support of the Raiders. Some years I had to sit quiet but I had a good run. Stick-um and blood. Stabler to Branch and Belitnikoff. Lester Hayes. Fun times.

What’s going on lately with my team is a shame. Heard any good Raiders jokes lately?

• Forum MVP

Ha- I disliked the Raiders since I was 7 years old. See I was a little league Giants cheerleader and the Raider cheerleaders would come try to steal our cheers and grooves and moves. 

“ UGLY you ain’t got no alibi- you ugly yea yea you ugly.. C-U-T-E don’t you wish you looked like me. I’m cute heck yeah I’m cute. 

The seventies are a completely different time. 😂 

• Forum MVP

Getting a 1st rounder for Amari cooper was smart for the rebuild but you don’t give up generational players like Mack. That was an all time bonehead move. Defensive ends are the most coveted players in the NFL after quarterbacks. You don’t trade a top 2 end.  QB pressure changes the game and sacks are drive Enders. That’s stupid. Getting a top 15 pick for a receiver who isn’t helping you because your QB sucks and freeing up 14mil next year is a smart move though. 

• Forum MVP

I’m thinking that Gruden and Davis, the owner, have some kind of master plan that’s different than what they claim publicly. Their words and actions don’t run congruent with each other. It’s like all they’re worried about is collecting low draft picks, no matter what the cost. Long term build up? I hope it works for them because they’re all in. They should move to Vegas, they sure are rolling the dice. That’s what I see.

• Forum MVP
5 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

Could make this thread cough cowboys suck cough. Even though the ex Raider looked good. 

The cowboys are a mess top to bottom. 

Vs titans the defense allowed 11/14 3rd down conversions which is the best in the nfl over the last 3 years. Their offensive line is signed to the biggest contracts in the NFL and they can’t stop one of the worst pass rush teams. Every other run, someone missed a block turning promising runs into lost yards. Missed field goal, bad interception(1st of the year that didn’t hit a receivers hand 1st), fumble that Dak should have gone down but instead fought for a worthless yard and lost it. The whole team is falling apart. The only bright spot is there is definitely a passing game bump having acquired Cooper. The bad thing is that 1st round draft pick is starting to get lower and lower. 

Now on 36 hours less rest than the eagles, cowboys have to travel to Philly Sunday.  There’s that too...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived