Portland 11/15/18

Hardpan

Wonder what they're gonna do. Been looking at some Portland GD sets this morning. 7/2/88 would be killer. DSO hasn't played that show since 2013, it contains very few repeats from the tour so far, but a couple big repeats (Playin, Terrapin). There are a few Portland shows they haven't played yet according to Starbase (7/3/88, 3/27/86, 10/18/83). Gonna have to see what they do tonight, kinda fun to try to narrow it down, not that I wish to know what they will play. 

• Forum MVP
44 minutes ago, Hardpan said:

Wonder what they're gonna do. Been looking at some Portland GD sets this morning. 7/2/88 would be killer. DSO hasn't played that show since 2013, it contains very few repeats from the tour so far, but a couple big repeats (Playin, Terrapin). There are a few Portland shows they haven't played yet according to Starbase (7/3/88, 3/27/86, 10/18/83). Gonna have to see what they do tonight, kinda fun to try to narrow it down, not that I wish to know what they will play. 

Revolutionary Hamstrung Blues?

I looked last night at classic Albany shows. I think it's one of the 90 shows and 3/24 seems like the one to me. 3/25 & 26 were played more recently and 1 in NY. And not as classic. Since we know New Haven is 5/5/77, it's easy to check overlaps, and that would leave only Jed 2 nights in a row. But I was going to see what Higher Ground and Portland are first before really trying to predict. But if it's 3/24 that has Playing UJB Terrapin, so it'd be a lot of terrapins just having been played in NoHo, if they do it in Portland too.. We'll see. I love this!

• Like (+1) 1
5 minutes ago, GratefulDevil said:

I looked last night at classic Albany shows. I think it's one of the 90 shows and 3/24 seems like the one to me. 3/25 & 26 were played more recently and 1 in NY. And not as classic. Since we know New Haven is 5/5/77, it's easy to check overlaps, and that would leave only Jed 2 nights in a row. But I was going to see what Higher Ground and Portland are first before really trying to predict. But if it's 3/24 that has Playing UJB Terrapin, so it'd be a lot of terrapins just having been played in NoHo, if they do it in Portland too.. We'll see. I love this!

I forgot about checking 5/5/77 when looking at possibilities for Portland. There's only a couple possibilities without big repeats like Scarlet/Fire and Estimated. My friend also brought 9/6/80 in Lewiston to my attention, similar distance from Portland as Oxford Plains. Kinda want to see the setlist from Burlington and delve further, but I should really stop right now, cause I really don't want to know!! It's sort of like opening a can of Pringles, though, tough to stop 😅😅

1 hour ago, GratefulDevil said:

Speaking of Albany, I hoping that the Albany show this Saturday (11/17/18) they will recreate 5/7/78 from the RPI Fieldhouse, Troy, NY.  Troy is only about 10+ miles from downtown Albany.  That would be pretty cool!  It would also be a re-creation of my first Dead show!

• Like (+1) 2
Cumberland County Civic Center, Portland, ME (3/31/85)

Music Never Stopped
Candyman
C.C. Rider
Loser
Beat it on Down the Line
Dupree's Diamond Blues
It's All Over Now
Don't Ease Me In

Iko Iko
Samson and Delilah
He's Gone
I Need a Miracle
China Doll
drums
The Wheel
Playin' in the Band
Day Tripper

U.S. Blues

Filler:

Positively 4th Street

White Rabbit

• Thanks (+1) 1

High energy biodtl, packed in tight for Iko and Samson, dance energy was high, but no place to move. China Doll was tender, Playin had the reverse intro, starting with the reprise figure into jam, into chorus, into verses. Day tripper was a great closer. Beautiful Positively 4th St, some of my favorite lyrics, capped by Lisa and the band doing White Rabbit, always a treat. I didn't expect to see the band play this show, as I saw them play it last fall in New Haven, but it was a great setlist, and exceptional sound in the house.

• Like (+1) 3
20 hours ago, John A said:

Isn't that the "reprise before the main verses of the song" Playin'?

Those '85 set lists can be quite fun.

Yep, that was it. It was cool to hear them sneak in the back way. 

30 minutes ago, Grateful Mainer said:

Hey did anyone see a link for the recording of this show? I am not seeing it on etree or archive. thanks!

I taped the show, just haven't gotten a chance to work on the recording. I'll post a link here when it's ready, hopefully next week sometime.

• Like (+1) 1
On 11/14/2018 at 6:48 AM, GratefulDevil said:

You were close.  They did the 3/25/90 show.