The Lil Smokies
The Nth Power
The Mighty Pines

& more TBA

• Like (+1) 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP
55 minutes ago, Rude said:

So has anyone else heard the rumor that Neil young and Willie are joining lucas Nelson and POTR?

Did you just start said rumor? 😆😂

would be freaking great if that were were the case. Neil and Willie both on boys bucket list. Youngest would actually be disappointed to miss it. 

• Forum MVP

Don’t tell anyone but supposedly Neil, Phil, Bobby and Willie are joining Dso during one of the original shows with Willie singing lead on Stella blue followed by Neil doing forever young. Actually I’m not sure of the song order so don’t quote me on it. Oh and Bobby was coming because monet is my festival date and he wants her to make a good 1st impression. Can’t wait to see the tent setup her porters will put together. Heard out tent is made by Versace specifically for jubilee. I’ll tell you who I’m wearing when the time get closer. Luckily I have someone on the inside of her circle to keep me in the loop. ;)

• Forum MVP

And for the stuff that clearly IS on the lineup I gotta say dumpstaphunk ain't no film flam funk band--those guys can lay down some serious sheeit.

Also I saw lil smokies last year and they indeed smoked hard...liked them better than green sky bluegrass which I also thought was pretty hot...

damn good looking lineup 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

Unfortunately dumpstaphunk won’t be the late night band where they belong.  Bluegrass is daytime music. Funk is late night. It’s all about pacing yourself. We aren’t going to sprint at 5pm with a race that goes until 230am but at 1am when the finish is in sight we can. That’s the only unfortunate part of jubilee—noise “ordinances” killing the late night psychedelic funk bands...

maybe its time to take a stand for late night jams and take it all the way to the Supreme Court. This is clearly a 1st amendment issue. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

Well I got some decent news. My youngest who is normally taking finals first day of jubilee, usually don’t care that he misses the jube every year because he is sketchy about camping in bad weather. This year with the lineup he has actually been complaining about not getting to go. Well over the weekend we were checking out his schedule and he goes to school the entire week after Memorial Day this year. So that means no finals on jubilee day and I can pull him out to come up early. May have both boys at the jubilee for the first time since year 3 or 4. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • 1 month later...

Beginning my countdown to my 8th Jubilee. Last year I camped in GA for the first time since like 2012. It was fine. I got a decent spot with some shade. THat being said, it took a couple of hours to get set up as I made several trips back to the car to grab my stuff. That inspired me to spring for VIP tickets this year.

I camped in All Good 2012 VIP at legend Valley, but never for Jubilee. How hard is it to get shaded spots in VIP, especially if I'm arriving in the afternoon? Any one have experience or details/tips tricks on VIP camping?

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, LangeradoSoul said:

Beginning my countdown to my 8th Jubilee. Last year I camped in GA for the first time since like 2012. It was fine. I got a decent spot with some shade. THat being said, it took a couple of hours to get set up as I made several trips back to the car to grab my stuff. That inspired me to spring for VIP tickets this year.

I camped in All Good 2012 VIP at legend Valley, but never for Jubilee. How hard is it to get shaded spots in VIP, especially if I'm arriving in the afternoon? Any one have experience or details/tips tricks on VIP camping?

Shade is the first thing to go, and there ain't much of it..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

We make our own shade.  This year our group will prob have 600 sq ft of ezups along with tarps to give a few hundred additional.  We got the primo shade tree a few years ago that had this super strong dank poison ivy.  Man that was some strong shit.  Gr8fulpair and I partook in lots of it and had so much fun I had to go to the Dr when I got home and get on a steroid pack.  I had like a 3 week recovery.  Thats some hard partying.  I suggest just saying no when it comes to poison ivy.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 1

The countdown is really on, got my flight to Cleveland booked yesterday. Excited, but sad to miss the drive up from Richmond with Bob. I'll be heading from Cleveland to the venue around 11 am Friday, I hope to get there by 2, actually, Lorain OH, not Cleveland. I think I missed 2 of these, I won't miss another!

• Like (+1) 3
  • 3 weeks later...