Jubilee 2019

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, LangeradoSoul said:

The years I fly solo are the best. I love it more than I should 

You flying solo means no Jerry band ;). Sort of surprised Dso not doing a Jerry set this year. Those noon shows are a great way to start the day. Every Sunday at home we make a big breakfast and put on Jerry band and it’s the perfect way to start a lazy Sunday.  Unless....Dso is doing a Jerry band show for one of theirs??? Gimme!!

• Like (+1) 1
33 minutes ago, Rude said:

You flying solo means no Jerry band ;). Sort of surprised Dso not doing a Jerry set this year. Those noon shows are a great way to start the day. Every Sunday at home we make a big breakfast and put on Jerry band and it’s the perfect way to start a lazy Sunday.  Unless....Dso is doing a Jerry band show for one of theirs??? Gimme!!

I understand, Rude. I love the Jerry Band material-balm for the soul. However, Owsley County moved beyond that a few years ago. You know what I'd like to see?  A band that covers the Howard Wales material, Legion of Mary, Reconstruction, and all the Garcia/Saunders stuff from the 70's, in addition to the JGB stuff we know and love from the 80's.

Here's to your Jerry Band Sunday needs.....

• Forum MVP

You’d need a good jazz band to do the Saunders and Jerry stuff. I’m a fan of traditional jazz and that’s as close as any of the boys got to doing it. Some of those 73 Jerry and merl shows had 20+ minute segments of instrumental traditional jazz. They went deep. On etree there are a bunch of 4 song shows here and there. I’m guessing many of the reels just disappeared and that’s all they dug up. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I went to my fourth Grateful Dead concert by myself. I prefer going it alone. Your friends will be there. If I went to shows with other people, when we got to our seats, I would immediately say, I ‘ll be right back. They wouldn’t see me again until they got back to the car in the parking lot. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
8 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

I went to my fourth Grateful Dead concert by myself. I prefer going it alone. Your friends will be there. If I went to shows with other people, when we got to our seats, I would immediately say, I ‘ll be right back. They wouldn’t see me again until they got back to the car in the parking lot. 

I go with friends but we all do our thing. Heck me and the gf go different spots now. She knows to find me at the back plus it’s hard to miss me. I’m the beacon. If I stand on my toes I look like a mic stand. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 2
  • Forum MVP
2 hours ago, isleeponacouch said:

Good point! Always got my camping neighbors and all the friends I've made there over the years.

I see my 1st year camping neighbors several times a year at shows. We all survived that weekend with just minimal injuries. It did rot my tent but I submitted a fema claim and they sent 3 contractors to assess the damage. They billed the gov $1200 and just gave me a sewing kit they valued at $500 but Walmart has for $2. Of course that’s not a real story besides the neighbors part. We do see them at Dso shows and saw them at bobby and Phil.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Forum MVP

Year 1 the vendors were my neighbors lol. We camped right at the end of vendors row next to the “grateful gangster” group and they fought and argued all weekend.  A river flowed through camp and swept everything on the ground away. And simultaneously filled my little cuz’s tent with water because he slept with his open door facing uphill. Good times

• Like (+1) 3
  • LMAO 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
5 hours ago, LIkeEveryOne said:

Need advise on getting tickets 

I will probably decide to go a few days before the show. Can I buy the show  tickets + a tent site camping ticket when I get there? 

Yeah. It’s all included in the ticket if you’re just doing GA or VIP. I believe it’s only RV passes that are separate 

• Forum MVP
37 minutes ago, Dead duck said:

Yeah. It’s all included in the ticket if you’re just doing GA or VIP. I believe it’s only RV passes that are separate 

Last year they sold out but think it was Saturday. 

On 4/20/2019 at 6:21 AM, Greg from Chestertown said:

I know exactly what you are talking about!

• Like (+1) 2