Albany

Mango

• Forum MVP

Nice!!! The biggest biggest bass bomb I ever heard fromDso was the Days Between in Paradise but the whole song was the bass bomb. Had to move to the back during it. 

That being said I love Dso doing late Brent shows!!! I think that’s what they do the best. 

• Forum MVP
Knickerbocker Arena, Albany NY (3/25/90)

Greatest Story Ever Told
Touch of Grey
Wang Dang Doodle
Good Time Blues
Jack-a-Roe
Masterpiece
Bird Song
Let it Grow

Eyes of the World
Samson and Delilah
Crazy Fingers
Truckin'
Spoonful
drums
I Will Take You Home
Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad
Black Peter
Around and Around

Quinn the Eskimo

I had my heart set on 3/24.  Was hoping to hear the opening notes of LTGTR, and wham, GSET.   Threw me off the whole night. It was as if I went back in time to that run at the Knick.  Remember how the first night was just so good that it was impossible to follow up the next 2.  Solid performance by the band,  I just couldn't find my way into the vibe

10 minutes ago, LIkeEveryOne said:

Newyearker 

next time keep changing your location until the people around u bring u in 

It was me.  People were great.  Not saying I didn't don't have any fun, just an off night for me.  And the show was a basic late 80s show I saw many times. When you hope for a H>S>F, and get Touch>WDD, it's a little let down my friend.  But no worries, still the best band playing the music

Edited by newyawker
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

You know what's funny? I have yet to predict spoonful.  I always call smokestack.  I've done that dozens of times. And the fact is still true that when I hear the opening notes of Truckin, I go and piss, but always blown away when DSO brings it home.  That had to be the pinnacle of energy for the show.  And let me also mention the security was perfect this year.  Last year they were fucking rigid and pricks.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
6 hours ago, newyawker said:

You know what's funny? I have yet to predict spoonful.  I always call smokestack.  I've done that dozens of times. And the fact is still true that when I hear the opening notes of Truckin, I go and piss, but always blown away when DSO brings it home.  That had to be the pinnacle of energy for the show.  And let me also mention the security was perfect this year.  Last year they were fucking rigid and pricks.  

Lol I always think the same thing and just saw bobby and wolf bros do it and told the gf smokestack. I hate to say it but it’s one of those songs I click next when it comes on unless I’m in a long drive. Rooster is another I skip in the car. Not a big fan of the dead doing blues covers in a traditional blues style. But I never piss during truckin but if you do, do it during the lyrics and get back by the jam ;) . Truckin jams are one of my fav things to see Dso do. That’s where u get to see Dso do their own thing. 

• Like (+1) 1
5 minutes ago, Rude said:

So glad I’m off Facebook personally but saw on DSO’s site some dude said how upset he was and wanted his money back because he can listen to Dozin at the Knick at home. Different times we live in. 

Good thing there's no shortage of GD to listen to. Hopefully that dude discovers Archive and YouTube or subscribes to Dave's Picks and stays home.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

It’s funny because you can listen to 99% of dead shows at home. But because he has that on CD then Dso isn’t allowed to play that one. If I was still on FB I’d have replied if they couldn’t play a show you can listen to at home, they would have under 100 shows they could choose from out of 2300. 

And that 100 is way too high. Prob 20 or less from 69 on that there’s not a source for. I’ve seen maybe 2 Dso shows where I couldn’t find a source. 1970 has a few missing. 

• Like (+1) 1
1 hour ago, Rude said:

It’s funny because you can listen to 99% of dead shows at home. But because he has that on CD then Dso isn’t allowed to play that one. If I was still on FB I’d have replied if they couldn’t play a show you can listen to at home, they would have under 100 shows they could choose from out of 2300. 

And that 100 is way too high. Prob 20 or less from 69 on that there’s not a source for. I’ve seen maybe 2 Dso shows where I couldn’t find a source. 1970 has a few missing. 

I bet he rants about how much Cornell '77 sucks.

• Like (+1) 1
6 hours ago, Rude said:

So glad I’m off Facebook personally but saw on DSO’s site some dude said how upset he was and wanted his money back because he can listen to Dozin at the Knick at home. Different times we live in. 

I wonder if he thinks DSO plays Grateful Dead concerts note for note. I know that it was a high energy concert and I was soaked by the end of the night. https://archive.org/details/dso2018-11-17.nak300.cp1.cp4

Edited by Hardpan
Added link to recording
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP
19 hours ago, Rude said:

Last show chronologically that's not available to listen to is Tulsa 2-6-79.  Going backwards from there, other than 1 or 2 in each from '72 through '74, you need to go back to '71 to find any appreciable gaps.

But to the point, yeah, what a jackass that Facebook tool is.

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Mango said:

Listening to recording, the bass bombs are audible. But no recording can capture that visceral feeling of being there in the skip zone

Glad to see you back on the train bro. I always enjoy being around your peaceful glow and your reflective beam. Hope you and everyone had a great thanksgiving with their loved ones. If you are still on board I’ll see u next weekend with the gang. Can’t wait to hang with our 4-some. The group of Gr8tfulpair, tea, goingbacktowhere and myself has led to many a night rolling on the floor crying laughing. It’s a pretty great group dynamic and it only comes together once a year besides jubilee but that’s a much larger group. You have the dead encyclopedia, the mild mannered storyteller, the wild man and the situational comedian. And any can be any of those depending on the night. The best nights are when all 4 are the wild men but that requires a full moon and 6 other secret ingredients and ideally have an acre between us and the next living souls. I can tell being around family today has lifted my spirits plus the COWBOYS WIN!!!!

• Like (+1) 1