NFL 2018

Rude

• Forum MVP

Wow. This Chiefs at rams game may have been best in history. Lots of lead changes. 3 defensive TDs....whaaaat. 1000yds total offense. 10 passing TDs. Monster plays and only if the chiefs got in FG range and it went to OT could it have been any better. Geeze that was insane. It had everything. 

Either you come up with offenses like this or you won’t be relevant anymore. WR pick. WR pick. Corners picking each other. Wide open bombs ensue. Hurry up offense to get you the most possible offensive possessions. 

• Forum MVP

KC had 5 turnovers and was still right there at the end.  I guess that can happen when you run twice as many plays as a regular team/game.  It was very enjoyable to watch - will the NFL go full arena-league now? 

• Forum MVP

It’s how college teams come back down 28. Hopefully Jerry Jones sees this and hires the Oklahoma offensive coordinator to run the offense like dallas area media has been calling for. I don’t mind JAson Garrett. I mind the offensive coordinator. The head coach usually doesn’t play call in the nfl. He makes sure the right coaches are doing the right thing. He’s a ceo. Sean Peyton, mcvay and Reid all get this. Mcvay calls the plays too and but he’s a literal genius with photographic memory which would make you a great play caller. Every game it’s new plays. A few weeks ago dallas’ opponent laughed saying they knew every play that was coming. Old school winning the trenches can get you 11-5 and to the playoffs but to beat any of the 3 elite teams right now, you need offense and it’s all about that crown and only a few teams have a legit shot. 

Homestly i I don’t see why no one is straight up stealing the rams plays. Goff did a great job but I don’t think he’s much more than a product of that insane system. Mahomes is a talent even though the rams definitely rattled him with the pressure up front and he was clearly exhausted. His arm had nothing left on that last heave. That ball didn’t go 50yds in a free throw. Early in the game he may have given hill a 50/50 ball on that same throw. At the end it was 15-20yds short. 

Anothef issue i see is how these top 3 teams are so insanely loaded with skill players, that they go a legit 5 deep at WR and they just keep adding depth at the Wr position. I was laughing at Dallas’ pickup of tavon Austin who seems like he’d be perfect on the rams but cooks is clearly the better quick burner receiver and mcvay is obviously a better talent evaluator.  The saints even picked up dallas’ old number 1 just to be their 4th or 5th receiver. That just shows how far behind my team is. Another crazy aspect of that game was did u see all the plays where 10 chiefs were on the defensive line of scrimmage. I don’t think I’d ever blitz unless it was 3rd and 12+. I’d be giving a cushion and showing blitz but dropping 2 guys back every play. That game had a lot to analyze and I’m guessing every coach in the NFL is watching that All 22 footage this week and grabbing a few plays for themselves. 

• Forum MVP

Watch out New Orleans.  The cowboys are coming for you. Just beat the super bowl champs, The nfc runner up and the nfc east leader in a 10 day span. We don’t need no rest. Dak>wentz. Luckily eagles had nick foles when wentz got benched for the playoffs last year. Time to make that change again eagles. #benchwentz

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

How bout dem cowboys. From 3-5 with no hope to in essence locking up the division 5 games later. Who saw that coming. 

Also who saw Jared Goff having a complete collapse last 2 games. Love this stat line. 20/44 180 0/4. 

• Forum MVP

I’ve realized pro football is more fun overall if your team is in it. Yesterday I watched 3 games in their entirety 

Ravens @ chiefs

eagles @ cowboys

rams @ bears. 

Thats what you call a blessed day of football.

Pat Mahomes is the best QB in football hands down. He’s the next evolutionary step of the QB. You see the young athletes like Kyler Murray with the Visión and athleticism that is above anything we’ve seen when you figure in the arm. You have the greats like Rodgers but mahomes has the potential to be that plus a step up. But Nfl is about way way way more than QB but he’s the top at that spot. I think the best systems are Saints and Rams even though Goff got Cutlered. The bears broke Goff. For a guy like myself who loves to see a defense break a team, I loved it. I’m actually starting to like the bears. God forgive me. I even got my good buddy a nice Jay Cutler jersey for his 50th b/c I love to rag the bears and bears fans but their defense forces you to change your offense. Once you change who you are in the NFL, games become a tossup and bears can be in every game by forcing you to play faster. Losing .3 secs every pass play in the pocket changes what you will call. Bears know they will get to you so they bring everyone up. I’ve never seen a team put all 11 on the line for like 3rd and 5’s. Bears are scary. I don’t want to play them. 

5 hours ago, Rude said:

How bout dem cowboys. From 3-5 with no hope to in essence locking up the division 5 games later. Who saw that coming. 

Also who saw Jared Goff having a complete collapse last 2 games. Love this stat line. 20/44 180 0/4. 

Cowboys are your next SB champion. They’ve got their shit together. Solid offense and defense. I’m not a fan of the cowboys, I grew up a 49ers fan (Jerry sung the national anthem for them after all) and I’m now a Carolina fan since the Carolinas have actually had a team. 

Anyway, sounds like you’re a cowboys fan, so congrats on completely turning around your season and top 3 contender for a championship this year. 

• Forum MVP
12 minutes ago, Poor_Sue said:

Cowboys are your next SB champion. They’ve got their shit together. Solid offense and defense. I’m not a fan of the cowboys, I grew up a 49ers fan (Jerry sung the national anthem for them after all) and I’m now a Carolina fan since the Carolinas have actually had a team. 

Anyway, sounds like you’re a cowboys fan, so congrats on completely turning around your season and top 3 contender for a championship this year. 

Trying to jinx the cowboys? Are u from philly? Cowboys aren’t together yet.

• Forum MVP

Looks like the dead ball era of football started the last few weeks. What happened to the 40-50pt a game teams lol. Looks like the 2 Sean’s competing for coach of the year are the ones slow to adapt currently. There were no answers early for their offensive schemes but now they don’t seem to have the response to defense adjustments. The NFL is a crazy animal. Right now the Bears are probably the 1 team id be most afraid of because their defensive coordinator is better at what he does than any offensive coordinator, but they also have a questionable rookie QB. Brees and Goff who looked invincible now look flawed. Just shows that it’s mostly scheme and it’s about execution at every position every play and whoever executes more wins. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

If cowboys win Saturday I’m rooting hard for the eagles so the cowboys don’t have to go to the super dome. The rams aren’t what they once were. If I had to pick a team to win the NFC it would be the bears. That’s the best defense I’ve seen since the Ray Lewis Baltimore defenses but this Chicago team gets a lot more takeaways. The only thing the eagles have going for them is it won’t be below freezing in Chicago next Sunday night. Chicago lives for the cold weather. 

• Forum MVP

Feels pretty wide open this year.

Cases for or against every team

could be made,  Should make

for good watches next couple

weeks.  I'll be rooting for the

time capsule Ravens with their

D and 300 rushing yards.

It's anyone's game.

Praise DSO.

• Forum MVP

Bears trading up to take Quinnen Williams from Bama in next draft to create a literal wall next year. Teams will just bench their starting QBs to avoid injuries. Trade trubisky for the 3rd pick to get Quinnen and draft Benny Snell in the 3rd round to just run a wildcat offense or maybe triple option. The degense won’t allow points and the offense won’t make any turnovers. Go super old school. Then trade your WRs for extra guards and go JAson whiten size TE’s and see if anyone can stop your offensive push. 

• Forum MVP

Was weird. Was rooting for the bears and I wasn’t. I think @rams is better than st the saints, but I couldn’t root for the eagles. But if Dallas wins I’m rooting hard for the eagles so Dallas gets the nfc championship at home. 

• Forum MVP

I’ll play.

Patriots v. Saints, and the Patriots win it all as they continue the “underdog” role throughout.  

Who knows though, right?  Man, a lot of parity in this Final Four, imo.  I could easily understand an argument on behalf of any of the remaining teams.

who you guys like?

• Forum MVP

If yesterday’s Brady and the pats run game shows up in KC it’s gonna be a long day but it’s also a road game for them.

ill go pats vs rams with pats winning it all and belichek and Brady retiring after. 

Archived