Ship of Fools
Playin' in the Band
drums
Stella Blue
Truckin'
Playin' in the Band

Werewolves of London
U.S. Blues

Sounds like some bad shit was goin down last night despite the great music.  A physical altercation up front in the 1st set.  I understand that the State Police shut down the show after Truckin due to multiple overdoses.  

I hope everyone is ok - sorry the ripchord had to pulled early. 

Keep your bleeping Fentanyl, K, or other such junk at home.

How horrible! Can you imagine being passed a vape pen, expecting cannabis concentrate, and then passing out due to opiate overdose?
What the fuck, people??
Another friend at the CT show said guys in front of him were all drunk & rolling sloppy joints of fake MJ, I guess that K2 stuff? He said it smelled like burning plastic bags, and they were all loopy & shit.
Don't these idiots know that good ol' cannabis is more available than ever?

I just don't understand where folks are coming from with this. Feels like stupidity, but could it just be plain ignorance?
Share & educate, folks. Look out for your brothers & sisters, and spread the good vibes. And stick to the good drugs, for chrissakes..

• Like (+1) 2
2 minutes ago, Mason's Child said:

Show ended really weird. I truly hope vape pens with fentanyl in them are a myth. 

I freakin hope so too. I mean, PA State Police would definitely make something like that up.
Like the ol' days, when police departments spreaded the fake rumors about acid-laced kid's tattoos.
Unfortunately, fentanyl seems to be making the rounds in various applications..
I fully support prosecuting the drug manufacturer, for any crimes or injuries from said substance.

35 minutes ago, Mango said:

Word is that someone was passing around a vape pen with fentanyl in it. Seriously fucked up.

SOOOOOOO FUCKED UP !!!! this kinda shit certainly has potential to ruin a good thing...and many of us have seen a certain scene be obscene before...GGRRRRRR !!!

We will lose what we have here unless we police ourselves.  This is a seminal moment.

I HAVE ZERO PROBLEM walking over & getting a security guard and ending someone's rampage before it hurts others.

K2 is an issue in New Haven. There were 20+ overdoses in a park this summer when someone was giving the K2 away.

Evidently Fentanyl has come to town. I have arm barred several show goers in Vermont about to land face first on their opiate/alcohol mix.

This is UNACCEPTABLE.

But Penns Peak.... that is like a DSO Holy Ground.  THIS IS A WAKEUP CALL TO OUR COMMUNITY!!!!

We TRAVEL over 6 hours to Penns Peak and get hotel room because we LOVE THAT BARN....

Thanksgiving Eve precludes that usually so we go to the Spring show.

We need to understand that we live on a planet of good & evil. Our music and GOOD TIME is being hijacked by the same element that hijacked the GD tour starting back in 1992. I ended my touring in 1991. 15 shows in 18 days at MSG & Boston Garden in Fall 1991. When Hornsby left the handwriting was on the wall. 

There is an ELEMENT that uses OUR MUSIC as an EXCUSE to GET OBLITERATED, while at the same time AS A PREDATORY TARGET to sell THEIR WARES (H, Fentanyl, Special K, MDMA, Nitrous)    WE DO NOT NEED THESE PEOPLE. THEY COME FOR OUR PARTY & GOOD VIBE but do not understand it & cannot participate in it because they are SOULLESS. They do not come for the music. THE MUSIC IS A COVER for them to socialize and get hammered

THEY SHOW THEMSELVES NIGHTLY..They TALK during Comes A Time,  They leave in the middle of Slipknot to get a drink. They ask you after Forever Young is played, what show are they RECREATING. They go beserk when Truckin is played. (They actually know a song)By the second set. They spill & slur & bump you all second set.

There are some genuine young people seeking our vibe.  I engage them usually on the process that Rob Eaton has to go through to program a tour and why certain shows do not fit at a given time.

BUT THE ONES WHO CARE LESS IF THEY DESTROY OUR VIBE, are always among us.

I HAVE ZERO TOLERANCE FOR IT.  HIPPY DOES NOT MEAN DOCILE 24/7.  TIME TO STAND UP FOR OURSELVES

I walked into Lowell for Wolf.  I said wow, old venue, good vibe, if it was Dead & Co. it would be a Nitrous festival. Thank god it is DSO.

Then I leave show and GODDAMN. at least 3 vendors of Nitrous right outside the venue. No COPs in Lowell to care. Fender benders in parking lot in the pouring rain.  GTFO on a Friday night.

We went to Northampton.... PERFECTION.  We choose DSO shows by venue. We NEED DANCE ROOM.

Not SEATS.  Capitol Theater has an inclined floor and MANY DRUNKS and SOLD OUT 1800 people..... No Thanks

LET's TAKE THIS BACK!!!  I KNOW YOU POSTERS. I SEE YOU IN THE FRONT AT EVERY SHOW.

There are 360 degrees around all of us. Let's manage that space and NOT ALLOW THIS

WE CANNOT SPREAD A GOOD VIBE TO EVIL....

WHEN EVIL is CONFRONTED.... IT RUNS... IT HIDES...  THEN IT WILL BE GONE....

Mason's Child, my brother: 

The EVIL on this planet grows daily. There are no myths, there are no coincidences.

There is only truth & reality.  The uneducated & the unexperienced are their targets. 

All it takes is one trick,  newbies hope they bought coke but.... you got H, Meth, Fentanyl as substitutes. One taste and you're hooked

Shipping powders back and forth. …..White goes north. ….A whole world full of petty wars....

I have been turning the page since 1984. Now is OUR TIME.... TOGETHER.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3

I am really sad to hear about this. Really makes you second guess about trusting anything besides what you bring. Why someone would try to insert that type of negativity in such a peaceful and positive space is beyond me. I heard of some confirmed fentanyl blotters that showed up in Canada earlier this year with the Hofmann bicycle print on them. Could also be negative influences trying to disrupt people's lives. I guess I could understand, from a user's perspective, for wanting to use a blotter for something like fentanyl that's dangerous in such low doses, but why use a common LSD print, with a familiar LSD subject, if it's not LSD. Thank God for test kits, they're worth the effort for the peace of mind. 

I was going to make the ride out last night, but wifey says I've been seeing too many lately, and I enjoyed some family time last night. I smelled either some shitty weed or some K2 up in Maine the other night. Crazy to think someone would smoke the synthetic stuff in a legal state, could be someone who gets drug tested like me (not that I use that stuff) or just some poorly grown weed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I couldn’t agree more! This is so sad to read. I have expressed myself recently on another thread about the ending of the Grateful Dead and gate crashers, etc. I’m sure Dark Star Orchestra will react to this. They have no choice. The older, more mature heads need to react to this negative element as well. Zero tolerance. I worked in the recreational boating industry for twenty years. I was told by an old timer that they teach you in survival school that when the ship is in distress, someone rises up to be the ‘captain’ and take charge of the situation. It isn’t necessarily the captain that does it, but a certain personality. We know who we are. It looks like we’ll be doing a little bit of work also, while we are enjoying ourselves at future shows. The band has enough to do. Let’s rise to the occasion. ..... I could not caution all, but I still might warn a few. Don’t lend your hand to raise no flag, atop no ship of fools. 

• Like (+1) 3
7 minutes ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

I was told by an old timer that they teach you in survival school that when the ship is in distress, someone rises up to be the ‘captain’ and take charge of the situation. It isn’t necessarily the captain that does it, but a certain personality. We know who we are. It looks like we’ll be doing a little bit of work also, while we are enjoying ourselves at future shows. The band has enough to do. Let’s rise to the occasion. ..... I could not caution all, but I still might warn a few. Don’t lend your hand to raise no flag, atop no ship of fools. 

My Brother Greg.... Spot On.

I am in front row every show I go to and …..  I am the Captain of that show. I police my area while enjoying my high

• Thanks (+1) 1

I was at the show front row right side.  Was that Travis Bean guitar a Jerry Played Travis Bean??? Did not see an altercation first set but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.  There was definitely an overpowering smell of what seemed to me to be 1980's style Mexican Brown Swaggy weed.  I am an older head and a Wharf Rat, so I am out of touch with the newer stuff that is out there.  Does K2 smell like Mexican Swag Brown weed because it was nauseating.  I did see the mustached roadie close down the show during Stella Blue.  We thought the venue shut down the show for running too late.  I was excited to see a much younger teen crowd enjoying the music, I thought maybe they were the ones with the Bad smelling swag just cause they were young and maybe that was all they know how to get??  No idea what K2 is and glad I'm a Wharf Rat vape pens seem suspect.  Maybe I am just OLD and In The Way!          

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

God Given = Cannabis, Mushrooms & "Shock Top"   Shock Top is Ergot fungus or LSD. It was a 1300s drink called shocktop made out of wheat that had ergot fungus. They tripped sac.

Cannabis grows brain cells. Mush & Lucy open up pathways in the brain that force introspection "look in the mirror, corrective actions" Great psychiatry promise since it pulls the patients personality out so that the therapist can work with the true being

M & L allow what are 4 quadrants of the brain to talk to one another through a symmetry cloud that forms during use. This cloud lasts for 20 days which is why "micro-dosing" is popular in high tech space. We have the first brain imagery in 2017 to prove it

Man Made = Everything else... Alcohol etc....Heroin, Fentanyl, MDMA, K2, Opiates, Benzo's

ALL Alcohol has trace amounts of cyanide & arsenic = your hangover = Keep poisoning yourself

(Big pharma commercials = 15 secs of help 45 secs of indemnification)

GMO vs. Organic

Big Pharma vs. Homeopathic

Evil vs. Good

Man has usurped God. Man thinks that he/she is God.

The bastardization of what God has given us combined with what Man has arrogantly with ego created has us in this current moment of crossroads and choice.    Choose Wisely Brothers & Sisters

13 minutes ago, AudioPhile said:

Was that Travis Bean guitar a Jerry Played Travis Bean???   

I was excited to see a much younger teen crowd enjoying the music,  

Yes to TB guitar.  

This is the SAME CROWD DEMOGRAPHIC that destroyed GD tour in 92-95. These shows become a COVER for them to get HAMMERED. These people DO NOT SHARE OUR VALUES.  They will destroy our scene and MOVE ON TO THE NEXT PARTY.

• Forum MVP

Oh man. This hurts my heart to hear this shit went down. Hope this isn’t the start of a trend. I wouldn’t be able to identify any of the new fangled things either. As someone who has been bringing kids to shows for years I am used to putting myself in between them and the out of control and I have no problem telling some staggering lunatic that it’s time to relocate. But usually it’s just drunks. I’m very naive probably to the new trendy drugs that has our youth so fucked up and dying like crazy. 

• Like (+1) 1
17 minutes ago, Tiger in a Trance said:

God Given = Cannabis, Mushrooms & "Shock Top"   Shock Top is Ergot fungus or LSD. It was a 1300s drink called shocktop made out of wheat that had ergot fungus. They tripped sac.

But is the manmade acid ok to use? I'm pretty sure my paper or liquid wasn't made by god, but unfortunately I gotta avoid gluten, so the shock-topped wheat is out...

• LMAO 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

I always appreciate an informed, and informative, discussion of the distinction between man-made versus God-given pharmacopeia. 

All of this reminds me of the wit and wisdom of Yogi Berra: deja vu all over again.

Thankfully there are those who step up to the plate and master by any means necessary. This is another reason I have spent my show-seeing career in the back. And there usually was more room for my ergot-induced St Vitus dance. The front row was a bit more aggro.

• Like (+1) 2
30 minutes ago, highway320 said:

But is the manmade acid ok to use? I'm pretty sure my paper or liquid wasn't made by god, but unfortunately I gotta avoid gluten, so the shock-topped wheat is out...

The shock top reference was to show you a god given history. It is not man made. The ergot (type of wheat) fungus is the base ingredient.

Think of how extractions from Cannabis concentrate the substance.

5 minutes ago, chuckvegas said:

Thankfully there are those who step up to the plate and master by any means necessary. This is another reason I have spent my show-seeing career in the back. The front row always seemed a little aggro.

My discussion is to show that there is a clear dichotomy of those who care for the scene and those who USE it.  This dichotomy extends to the drugs they use and how they conduct themselves on said drugs. This extends to society as a whole...

I guess from the back, you will have a good view of our scene going away, taken by others. It is easy to stay above the fray.

How about you police your 360 degrees in the back... I can handle the aggression in the front.

I have partners called security. These security partners of mine are in every venue. They get paid .. only when there is a show.

If someone is threatening the future performance of shows, then that directly impacts their livelihood. They are One of Us!!!

and if all of us heads: front, middle, center, side, back, balcony, orchestra, lobby, step up & form the Tholian Web..

Then... This darkness got to give....

• Like (+1) 1

I was about 7 rows back from center.

couldnt miss the energy from the 3 guys and 7 gals jumping from the first note

All good by me, feel the music and show it. 

They were gone after first set 

the kid that collapsed may have been with that group so they all left.

beyond that episode, everything seemed chill and didn’t c anything unusual

its no EDM show.  The DSO shows r tame events 

4 hours ago, Tiger in a Trance said:

The shock top reference was to show you a god given history. It is not man made. The ergot (type of wheat) fungus is the base ingredient.

Think of how extractions from Cannabis concentrate the substance.

I hope you know I was just bein' silly, lol.
Any good tripster knows that acid is god-given. Even if I don't believe in god. ;)

That’s so fucked up, sorry guys that happned. I had to bail on the show last minute. Last year at Penns some asshole threw up right in our dance area walked away and it was never cleaned up. Love this venue so it didn’t phase me much but to hear what happned last night hurts me. There’s always belligerent drunks at almost shows who don’t care for the music like most of us do. It socks but it’s part of the game at all shows not just DSO. We’ve been fortunate to not have to deal with much disturbance 

Btw happy thanksgiving everyone 

• Like (+1) 3