Tighten up jam

St stephen>

William tell>11

Death dont 

Sat nite

Revolution

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

For some of us, part of this DSO experience is reliving the past.  But truly speaking in this case, the past comes up on me- so the past is reliving me.   I did not attend the Long Island shows but when I saw Revolution in the setlist I was immediately transported back to the Olympic Arena Lake Placid and Carrier Dome Syracuse circa 1983.    Just from reading the set list.

This fall tour 2018 has been very special - four magnificent shows for me.   If I ever get the nerve to share 3/25/90 experience that came around again this 11/17/18 in Albany, I will.   It is ultra personal and I'd have to ask the other person involved before putting in a public forum.

I'm not the first person to say, "Praise DSO". 

• Like (+1) 4

so...for me, the highlights were::: Shakedown, Jack Straw, WRS, Tangled, and the ENTIRE 2nd set !!! we propped the upper balcony door open during 1/2Step for some fresh air. twas quite groovy watching all the cars, lights, reflections and such in the pouring rain during Speedway. Dark Star Jam started with just RB and the drums, then Jeff, then Skip, which weaved beautifully into Tighten Up Jam...oh & william tell > 11 may've been the BEST i've heard outta them ever {and that's HUGE, coming from me...Mango, twas up there with that Cryptical > O1 > Cryptical from El Rey nite when Furthur played across the way 😉}...i do gotta say tho, i wish someone had the power to censure the standers and loud talkers during this show. We had such a fun, open spaced dance scene goin on when 6-7 people {2-3 couples and a few others} decided just inundate the space {just walk up and plunk themselves (literally ON our feet) to stand and hollar at each other, w/ drinks in hand, right where we were dancing}...in NO way were they there for the music; just a drinking social. anyway...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP
6 hours ago, sakada said:

i do gotta say tho, i wish someone had the power to censure the standers and loud talkers during this show. We had such a fun, open spaced dance scene goin on when 6-7 people {2-3 couples and a few others} decided just inundate the space {just walk up and plunk themselves (literally ON our feet) to stand and hollar at each other, w/ drinks in hand, right where we were dancing}...in NO way were they there for the music; just a drinking social. anyway...

large.PADDLIN.jpg.6bfb2a533547deddd7fb47c3f3bea02e.jpg

Yeah that really sucks when it's such a long, long time to be gone.....  Those interlopers could've put on the stereo and done the same thing in their damn living room. 

Some of the methods available to stop the cocktail party scene in favor of dance can be a little risky.  GoingBacktoWhere is the best I've ever seen at eliminating such obstacles.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
17 hours ago, Hardpan said:

Loved it when Rob grabbed the stuffed Alligator during the song and made him do a little dance, or shook him, or whatever he did. Somehow the beast got up on top of the keyboard during the song, and I looked up just in time to see Rob doing something funny with it.

You must have been seeing things;-)

• LMAO 2