Anthem show hype

Greg from Chestertown

• Forum MVP

just thought I would make a spot to talk about the upcoming DC area classic recreation. Talk about the venue is positive. Talk so far about possible shows are all about RFK stadium. Hey, isn’t Merriweather kinda DC area? I wasn’t there but ‘85 (?) crazy rain storm show. Ok, I started. Take the ball and run with it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

just thought I would make a spot to talk about the upcoming DC area classic recreation. Talk about the venue is positive. Talk so far about possible shows are all about RFK stadium. Hey, isn’t Merriweather kinda DC area? I wasn’t there but ‘85 (?) crazy rain storm show. Ok, I started. Take the ball and run with it.

Hoping it will be a thousand-petal lotus, unfolding in constant renewal... as Jerry described it himself. 

• Forum MVP

The venue is epic. Will be my 3rd show there. The sound is phenomenal and there is space for days. Last time there I was singing bohemian rhapsody with PG and 100 others or was that a dream? 

When we went for DSO last year at the Anthem, we could find no parking and almost missed the beginning of the show. There was also some sort of winter/Christmas spectacular thing happening and it was a complete zoo. I think we're doing metro since we'll be out early enough.

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

I heard there was a ton of parking underground there and it wasn’t a problem at all. 

There is a parking garage underneath the venue, though I don't know what the capacity of the garage is.

I DO know, however, that it costs $25 to park in said garage.

• Forum MVP

The boys often killed it

at the Cap Centre.

9/3/88

9/12/87

9/25/76

And of course the

breakout festival

Spring 90.

There are many eligible shows for our band

to choose from. Looking forward to a

Sat. Nite hoedown with good friends

Praise DSO.

• Forum MVP

Rainman just guessed 7-1-85. Figured I’d toss it out for the 40% chance he’s off.  I assume he’s looked at previous shows on tour and in DC while putting his a beautiful mind skills to work. The entire process took him 3.2 secs. 

• Forum MVP
52 minutes ago, Hardpan said:

How tightly do they pack this place? Hoping for a little breathing room! Would be nice to meet any of you folks from the forum, I'll be set up with my stuff near the soundboard, wearing a bright looking spiral and glasses 🤓

There is more space than most anyone would want.  While I hope DSO fills that shit up (it holds 6,000), last year I was able to easily to get all 'Sound of Music' with it:

giphy.gif

We'll come find you!

Archived