Anthem show hype

Greg from Chestertown

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
5 minutes ago, Tea said:

There is more space than most anyone would want.  While I hope DSO fills that shit up (it holds 6,000), last year I was able to easily to get all 'Sound of Music' with it:

giphy.gif

We'll come find you!

Tea, a drink with jam and bread..

• Forum MVP
28 minutes ago, acududeman said:

My $$ is on 6/10/73......DC is overdue for a 70's doozy

A friend was at that show. He says Betts was struggling a bit on the dose he received. Never had he seen Jerry be this way , but he swears Jerry was taunting him. 

• Forum MVP
5 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

A friend was at that show. He says Betts was struggling a bit on the dose he received. Never had he seen Jerry be this way , but he swears Jerry was taunting him. 

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.....😎

Hardpan 

if I Hear that first strum of Morning dew Saturday as the opening note, meet me at the bar after the first set for anything your whistle requires, on me.  

I will c u at whatever bar is closest to the left side of the stage , with my arms raised. 

Come and introduce yourself . 

Otherwise, u will have to buy ur own drinks!! 

• Forum MVP
18 minutes ago, LIkeEveryOne said:

Hardpan 

if I Hear that first strum of Morning dew Saturday as the opening note, meet me at the bar after the first set for anything your whistle requires, on me.  

I will c u at whatever bar is closest to the left side of the stage , with my arms raised. 

Best bar on floor is back right corner. Imho

54 minutes ago, LIkeEveryOne said:

Hardpan 

Oh man, hope to meet you on those terms!!!! Would make my night to hear them kick off with Morning Dew, I could drive home happy then and there 🤩🤩 I'll be staked out near the soundboard with my stuff, stop by and say hi if they don't kick off with the Dew.

If anyone attending the show in Norfolk tonight would be willing to let us in the peanut gallery in on the stage configuration, setlist, or any other juicy tidbits, we would be grateful 😎😎

On 11/25/2018 at 4:48 PM, Greg from Chestertown said:

just thought I would make a spot to talk about the upcoming DC area classic recreation. Talk about the venue is positive. Talk so far about possible shows are all about RFK stadium. Hey, isn’t Merriweather kinda DC area? I wasn’t there but ‘85 (?) crazy rain storm show. Ok, I started. Take the ball and run with it.

There are many possibilities. They did say DC AREA, so that means Merriweather and Cap Center.  The GD played alot of great shows at both places.

• Forum MVP

Every time I watch the Sound of Music

clip it makes me smile. Thanks, Tea.

It would be great to meet you all, I'll be in

a green shirt with a Oriole cap and  

cruising the front of the riser on

the floor pre-show.  Sounds like

Hardpan's location could be pre-show

forum epicenter.  Work almost got in

the way for me too, Greg from C-town.

Safe travels all.

Praise DSO.

10 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

I have heard something similar to this, not sure if it was in reference to this show or Dickey Betts, but it was more along the lines of Jerry trying to goad  the other guitarist into a battle of one-upmanship with guitars.

• Forum MVP

So during the show I was standing next to a guy and we were talking about the show and I only knew the openers from each of the 2 rfk shows and I was like we were hoping for a dew opener(both stylists are ridiculous so there was no disappointment) and the guy was like but they played the dark star last Night so he ruled out the 6-10. I’m like ok this guy knows his stuff. Then he’s like I posted how I thought the dark star ruled out 6-10. I’m like who are you on forums and that’s how I met Greg from chestertown. It’s always funny when you happen to just be standing right next to someone and you have chatted online for a while. To be fair we were in the big dance area back right and like minded people tend to congregate in similar areas. Also got to meet hardpan and thank him for his hard work getting his recordings up the next day. Like a great deadhead he’s like I’ve got to get them up quick so I can listen to the previous night on my drive to the next show. Also got to groove with bill k which is always a delight. Very few have his energy and he kept our area clear of talkers and standers. Honestly why would anyone come in to this insane dance area and think this is where I’m going to plant myself and start a conversation with my girlfriend. Our dance area would scare anyone who wasn’t familiar with it he scene and people who are familiar should realize we can’t bob and weave and twist if someone comes in the middle of this and just stands.  Luckily we were all pretty aggressively dancing and non dancers didn’t stick around for more than a minute or 2. Not judging if u aren’t grooving, but u don’t go to the back in this insane mass of 20 people dripping sweat using every inch of space and think this is the spot to stand. We had a symphony of dance going. The entire space was everyone’s to use and there were no fixed spots. It’s a beautiful thing when everyone moves around in and out or free space and there’s such a complex dynamic and everyone has spacial awareness and it’s like we are playing the band. It was one of those cosmic nights. Bravo Dso. Bravo all of you that I call friends and help take the experience to another level. Still beaming back in Kentucky. Until next time :)

Archived